The Druid Animal Oracle

The Druid Animal Oracle

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  503 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Bring the Power of Ancient Druid Wisdom into Your Life
You are holding a source of great power and influence -- the wisdom of the animal world drawn from the wellspring of ancient Celtic tradition. The Druids, like the Native Americans, revered animals as sacred guides, guardians and protectors. Today, the book and beautiful card set of The Druid Animal Oracle can bring h...more
Published February 1st 1995 by Touchstone (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Druid Animal Oracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Druid Animal Oracle

Lily Wren
A wonderful and enchanting deck of cards. The art work and attention to detail on the cards is beautiful, so much so, half of me just wanted to get some picture frames and have them dotted about the house rather than use them for their proper purpose. This being?
Well, the cards are said to "draw wisdom from the wellspring of ancient Celtic tradition, and from it you can receive healing, strength and guidance for you own life journey".

I have to say I have used them on several occasions, especia...more
Trish
First things first: I do not believe in oracles, tarots and such. But I find the whole notion funny/interesting.
The reason I bought this set (and an almost matching Tarot set) was the beauty of it. In this case, the cards show animals and I was in love with the images right away so I got curious and wanted to know what the cards were supposedly for and what the images supposedly meant, respectively.

The book:
The layout of the book as well as the details given in it are wonderful. One can see/fe...more
Bryn
Beautiful, informative, easy to use, great for meditation and contemplation.
Joan
This is not so much a book as a manual and set of cards using Druid animal oracles. Fascinating and everyone who has used it with me, sceptics and all have found it useful. It is beautifully packaged.
Emma-Jayne Saanen
I managed to read the book in a day. It is a wonderful, concise introduction to using this contemporary oracle deck. In addition, it covers some ways that people new to working with animal energies can get started.

The cards themselves are beautiful, and I really think the artist should be given more prominent credit.

I will be spending some time getting to know my deck before I begin using the cards for divination.
Brandice
What a really great deck, and the accompanying book is incredibly helpful. I've been reading the book daily and using the deck almost daily and it's always been spot on, which has never been my experience when working with any deck. Provides a lot of great food for thought, and the deck works in a very no-brainer type of way, easy to pick up and work with right off the bat.
I love this deck. I've been using it for 12 years now and it always offers the most amazing and true insight.
Emily Crow
Bought this one for the artwork. It's a nice oracle too, a good complement to Tarot. I really like it.
Bill Tillman
Much to my surprise this book came today, its both the larger book & card set & cloth.
Katy Walters
Loved this book - a must for the lover of the ancient mysteries.
Weavre
Beautiful concept and a beautiful deck
Amy
I use this frequently.
Aisha Oaktree
Aisha Oaktree marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Amber Hood
Amber Hood marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Plaguedoctor
Plaguedoctor marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Daria Paratico
Daria Paratico marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
  • Celtic Tree Mysteries: Practical Druid Magic & Divination
  • Bonewits's Essential Guide to Druidism
  • Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth
  • Fire in the Head: Shamanism and the Celtic Spirit
  • Kindling the Celtic Spirit: Ancient Traditions to Illumine Your Life Through the Seasons
  • By Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism
  • The Apple Branch: A Path to Celtic Ritual
  • Natural Magic
  • A Druid's Herbal for the Sacred Earth Year
  • The Mist-Filled Path: Celtic Wisdom for Exiles, Wanderers, and Seekers
  • Merlin
  • Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-to-Use Handbook for Identifying and Understanding Your Power Animals and Animal Spirit Helpers
  • The Encyclopaedia of Celtic Wisdom: A Celtic Shaman's Sourcebook
  • Blood and Mistletoe: The History of the Druids in Britain
  • Celtic Myth & Magick: Harnessing the Power of the Gods and Goddesses (Llewellyn's World Religion and Magic Series) (Llewellyn's World Religion and Magic Series)
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • The Winter Solstice: The Sacred Traditions of Christmas
  • Autumn Equinox: The Enchantment of Mabon
Philip Carr-Gomm was born in London, raised in Notting Hill Gate, and educated at Westminster School and University College London.

He met his first spiritual teacher, Ross Nichols, the founder of The Order of Bards Ovates & Druids, when he was 11. He began studying with him when a teenager, and joined the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids at 18. He studied meditation with Olivia Robertson in Ir...more
More about Philip Carr-Gomm...
The Book of English Magic The Druid Craft Tarot The Druid Way: A Journey Through an Ancient Landscape Druid Mysteries: Ancient Wisdom for the 21st Century Druidcraft: The Magic Of Wicca & Druidry