Start by marking “The Druid Animal Oracle” as Want to Read:
The Druid Animal Oracle

The Druid Animal Oracle

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  639 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Bring the power of Ancient Druid wisdom into your life today.

You are holding a source of great power and influence -- the wisdom of the animal world drawn from the wellspring of ancient Celtic tradition. The Druids, like the Native Americans, revered animals as sacred guides, guardians and protectors. Today, the book and beautiful card set of The Druid Animal Oracle can br
Published February 1st 1995 by Touchstone (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Druid Animal Oracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Druid Animal Oracle

Trish
First things first: I do not believe in oracles, tarots and such. But I find the whole notion funny/interesting.
The reason I bought this set (and an almost matching Tarot set) was the beauty of it. In this case, the cards show animals and I was in love with the images right away so I got curious and wanted to know what the cards were supposedly for and what the images supposedly meant, respectively.

The book:
The layout of the book as well as the details given in it are wonderful. One can see/fe
Lily Wren
A wonderful and enchanting deck of cards. The art work and attention to detail on the cards is beautiful, so much so, half of me just wanted to get some picture frames and have them dotted about the house rather than use them for their proper purpose. This being?
Well, the cards are said to "draw wisdom from the wellspring of ancient Celtic tradition, and from it you can receive healing, strength and guidance for you own life journey".

I have to say I have used them on several occasions, especia
Bryn
Beautiful, informative, easy to use, great for meditation and contemplation.
Joan
This is not so much a book as a manual and set of cards using Druid animal oracles. Fascinating and everyone who has used it with me, sceptics and all have found it useful. It is beautifully packaged.
Ginnie Grant
The wands in harry potter, the oracle chooses it's reader. and while this was beautiful, it simply did not "choose" me.
Emma-Jayne Saanen
I managed to read the book in a day. It is a wonderful, concise introduction to using this contemporary oracle deck. In addition, it covers some ways that people new to working with animal energies can get started.

The cards themselves are beautiful, and I really think the artist should be given more prominent credit.

I will be spending some time getting to know my deck before I begin using the cards for divination.
Brandice
What a really great deck, and the accompanying book is incredibly helpful. I've been reading the book daily and using the deck almost daily and it's always been spot on, which has never been my experience when working with any deck. Provides a lot of great food for thought, and the deck works in a very no-brainer type of way, easy to pick up and work with right off the bat.
I love this deck. I've been using it for 12 years now and it always offers the most amazing and true insight.
Emily Crow
Bought this one for the artwork. It's a nice oracle too, a good complement to Tarot. I really like it.
Bill Tillman
Much to my surprise this book came today, its both the larger book & card set & cloth.
Theresa Parker
wonderful illustrated and the book is very interesting. love this deck
Katy Walters
Loved this book - a must for the lover of the ancient mysteries.
Weavre
Beautiful concept and a beautiful deck
Amy
I use this frequently.
Crow Bait
Crow Bait marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
MO
MO marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
  • Celtic Tree Mysteries: Practical Druid Magic & Divination
  • Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth
  • Bonewits's Essential Guide to Druidism
  • Taliesin: The Last Celtic Shaman
  • Fire in the Head: Shamanism and the Celtic Spirit
  • Kindling the Celtic Spirit: Ancient Traditions to Illumine Your Life Through the Seasons
  • By Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism
  • Natural Magic
  • Blood and Mistletoe: The History of the Druids in Britain
  • Druid Magic: The Practice of Celtic Wisdom
  • Merlin
  • Celtic Myth & Magick: Harnessing the Power of the Gods and Goddesses (Llewellyn's World Religion and Magic Series) (Llewellyn's World Religion and Magic Series)
  • King Arthur and the Goddess of the Land: The Divine Feminine in the Mabinogion
  • The Mist-Filled Path: Celtic Wisdom for Exiles, Wanderers, and Seekers
Philip Carr-Gomm was born in London, raised in Notting Hill Gate, and educated at Westminster School and University College London.

He met his first spiritual teacher, Ross Nichols, the founder of The Order of Bards Ovates & Druids, when he was 11. He began studying with him when a teenager, and joined the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids at 18. He studied meditation with Olivia Robertson in Ir
More about Philip Carr-Gomm...
The Book of English Magic The Druid Craft Tarot The Druid Way: A Journey Through an Ancient Landscape Druid Mysteries: Ancient Wisdom for the 21st Century Druidcraft: The Magic Of Wicca & Druidry