Start by marking “7 Days and 7 Nights” as Want to Read:
7 Days and 7 Nights

7 Days and 7 Nights

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  380 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
It's Him vs. Her when romance collides with reality--and everyone is watching....

He says...he'll have his way with her inside a week.
Radio personality Matt Ransom of Atlanta's raucous, testosterone-fueled Guy Talk is counting on a sure thing when he agrees to be locked up in a tiny apartment for seven days with the competition: the earnest Dr. Olivia Moore. It's an on-came
Published July 2003 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about 7 Days and 7 Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 7 Days and 7 Nights

Carla
Dec 05, 2008 Carla rated it did not like it
7 Days and 7 Nights by Wendy Wax, is about two young successful people, Dr. Olivia Moore and Matt Ransom. They now both work for a local radio station, WTLK, and both are the most listened to show on that radio station. Working at the same radio station was a coincidence that neither of them expected after their brief past in Chicago. When the station’s budget is cut down, the station’s manager comes up with the idea to put them in a small apartment for a week and let them do their radio shows f ...more
Cary Pohlhammer
Nov 20, 2014 Cary Pohlhammer rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who likes cute romance books
Recommended to Cary by: Amazon.com
I'm not afraid to admit that this is a cheesy romance book. Normally many book enthusiasts stay away from it. I'm guilty, i have just a few. But this is actually a good one.

I like books, movies, anything like those involving the way men and women communicate with each other, and that focus on the way men and women think. It also had an interesting plot, where two people who barely can't be in the same room as each other are forced to share an apartment for a week. It may be cliche, but I sort of
mandyfujita
Aug 01, 2014 mandyfujita rated it liked it
Dr. Olivia Moore has a lot of spunk. She is a psychologist that is trying to help people with their problems. She answers questions from callers on the radio in Atlanta. She is in direct competition for air space with radio personality, Matt Ransom. He has a show called "Guy Talk" where guys will be guys. The station can only support one of the shows so there is a contest between the two to see who can have callers donate the most money/food for a food drive. This last for 7 days and 7 nights. ...more
Ochie
Apr 29, 2015 Ochie rated it it was amazing
I was not setting high expectations for this book. And I'm really surprised that I enjoyed it. In fact, I really loved it! I enjoyed the gender war between the two characters. I loved how the story progressed and I was not definitely expecting how Dr. O admitted her feelings for Matt. Or that Matt didn't immediately call back after her declaration (I was thinking that would be the case).

Also, I liked how there's an Olivia POV and a Matt POV. It's really fun to also read on a guy's point of view,
ilovereading
Mar 25, 2016 ilovereading rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This is the second time I read this book and it's as great as a remember it to be. A battle between the sexes through competing radio show hosts who have a shared history together. Neither one is willing to concede defeat as their show is put on the line. As the story progressed, there were moments I laughed and really enjoyed the banter between Matt and Olivia.

The only criticism I have is that I feel we did not have a more in-depth understanding of both of the characters' background story.

For m
Sara
Aug 04, 2010 Sara rated it liked it
I love it when I take a chance on a book or an author and they don't fail me. so, congrats to Wendy Wax for not failing me with this book.
Without giving an in-depth analysis of what happens in the book, just know that the hero and heroine of the novel are a perfect match. The wit and humor they use on their respective radio show keeps you tuned in.
Wax draws the ultimate audience in this book by making the battle between the characters a sort of Battle of the Sexes that is sure to get everyone'
Christine
Feb 22, 2011 Christine rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Despite some humorous moments, this book ultimately fell flat, and was incredibly shallow. It takes the battle of the sexes cliche to a new level by trapping feuding talk show hosts Olivia and Matt in an apartment for a week. Parallelling this main storyline, was the story of Dog and JoBeth, listeners who each called into the respective shows because she wanted a ring, and he never wanted to get married.

There really wasn't anything in this book that isn't a typical romance cliche -- true love,
Amy
Aug 16, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Wendy Wax’s 7 DAYS AND 7 NIGHTS is a humorous take on He Said, She Said, where two talk show hosts are battling for the number one slot as well as keep their shows on the network. A ratings attempt brings the two of them together for as the title forecasts seven days and nights and along the way more than the ratings spark!
Caroline
Jul 13, 2015 Caroline rated it liked it
The first 100 or so pages move pretty slowly, and it's pretty formulaic. I did appreciate the pace and the story development toward the end of the book, but it took a while to get there. It's not going to stop me from reading her other work though.
Yvonne Crawford
Feb 17, 2015 Yvonne Crawford rated it it was amazing
loved this book a lot read it in 2 hours,
Linda
Jul 20, 2015 Linda rated it did not like it
Silly Nonsense!!!
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Battle of the sexes - radio style. In this corner is Dr. Olivia Moore, noted dispenser of therapy for women's empowerment everywhere and recent divorcee. And in this corner, is Atlanta's most eligible bachelor, Matt Ransom. When the station decides they have to cut one of the two, they end up pulling a publicity stunt where they are trapped in a small apartment wired with cameras.

The banter is good. The plot a bit weak. Overall a decent read. Not the greatest but far from the worst.
Caro
Jul 05, 2012 Caro rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
I really enjoyed this book. I would definitely read it again. I liked the humor, the emotions, characters and self-discovery. A few spots really got me laughing and some were emotional. *sniff* This would definitely go on my shelf if I owned it, gonna keep a look out for it though. The 'kick' was perfect and the ending was good too. I liked the relationship with JoBeth and Dawg too. That was a great addition. HEA for all, YAY! The older couple was touching too. Great props for them. ENJOY!
Ann Marie
Aug 10, 2010 Ann Marie rated it liked it
Entertaining but slow. Loved the characters, especially JoBeth and Dawg. They were a great couple. Dr. Oliva and Matt Ransom, radio personalities locked in an apartment together for seven days of broadcasting. We find out about their past relationship and it was fun having them gear back up again. There were enough surprises to keep me interested.
Autumn
May 16, 2008 Autumn rated it it was amazing
This book had me rolling with laughter. I loved it. I cannot imagine being stuck in an apartment with an ex and having to deal with them like that... Well written, well portrayed characters... Great read.
Kendra
Aug 05, 2011 Kendra rated it it was amazing
A very cute book. I loved all the twists. The chemistry between Olivia and Matt leaps off the pages. A quick but satisfyingly wonderful read. :D
Teresa
Jan 24, 2013 Teresa rated it really liked it
It was a typical romance just like I'd read but it held my attention and I couldn't put it down!!!!!!!
Pgile5
Apr 03, 2012 Pgile5 rated it really liked it
Very funny a lot of smiling when i read it
Jodi
Aug 10, 2013 Jodi rated it did not like it
pure drivel...I won't read another of her books.
Jennifer Reierson
Jun 09, 2012 Jennifer Reierson rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit, 2012

Quick read for the summer.
Etr2012
Jun 28, 2012 Etr2012 rated it really liked it
long time ago but was a fun read
Toni N
Oct 15, 2013 Toni N marked it as incomplete
pg 90
Monique J.
Monique J. is currently reading it
Jul 20, 2016
Vicki
Vicki marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Jovy Delfin
Jovy Delfin marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Jamie Gordy
Jamie Gordy marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Shara Sanders
Shara Sanders rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
  • License to Thrill
  • Cross My Heart (Ty & Hunter #1)
  • The Babe Magnet
  • Bride for a Night
  • Freudian Slip
  • Then Comes Marriage (Hot Water, California, #2)
  • Tales from My Hard Drive
  • Raspberry Crush
  • Wedding Belles
  • Beware of Doug (Guys & Dogs, #2)
  • The Nerd Who Loved Me (Nerds, #2)
  • Last Chance Summer: A Short Story (Last Chance, #5.5)
  • All Shook Up
  • Confessions of a Serial Dater
  • Feet First (Bellagio, #1)
  • Perfect Blend
  • My Favorite Mistake
  • Drive Me Wild
I write novels that explore friendship, self-discovery and the challenges life brings us, leavened with a touch of humor. I'm proud of all my books and perhaps best known for my "Ten Beach Road" titles including the USA Today bestsellers, Ten Beach Road and The House on Mermaid Point, and for While We Were Watching Downton Abbey.

I was born in St.Petersburg, Florida and grew up on St. Pete Beach wi