Start by marking “Dante's Awakening (Vampires of Hollywood #1)” as Want to Read:
Dante's Awakening (Vampires of Hollywood #1)

Dante's Awakening (Vampires of Hollywood #1)

Dante Sonnier is a successful Hollywood agent. She is also a friend to the secret community of vampires living in Los Angeles, and occasionally she assists them when they have a problem that requires a human to handle it. The vampires are led by Voshki Kevorkian, a gorgeous, sexy female vampire, who has made it clear that she would like Dante to be her human. Dante, althou ...more
Published May 10th 2012 by Untreed Reads (first published May 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dante's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dante's Awakening

Terry Baker
Jul 01, 2012 Terry Baker rated it it was amazing
Top notch Hollywood agent, Dante Sonnier, is a friend to a vampire community residing in Los Angeles. Dante is often called upon when they need a human to help them out.

Voshki Kevorkian is the beautiful vampire leader. Voshki wants Dante to be her own human. Although Dante finds Voshki sexy and attractive, she has no wish to be owned by anyone, human or vampire. Vampires are well known for their possessiveness and jealousy. So Dante refuses Voshki’s frequent advances.

Ellis Kovacs, a vampire si
Cora
Sep 15, 2016 Cora rated it it was ok
There were a lot of things that bothered me about this book. Let me start on the outside (cover, setting), get to the plot and then really into the characters- especially protagonist Dante.

First, the cover is not what you are getting. Just saying. This is a book about vampires, yes, and their-but-not-their human Dante. I'm sure that by the time you get to this review, you will be familiar with the basic plot already; there is trouble on the darker side of Hollywood, and agent Dante is sent to in
L.E.Olteano
World Building: Vampire infiltrated Hollywood versus Holly Bush Junction (did endless amounts of snickering based on that name, if there's a town out there called that, no offense, but it's hilarious!), it was a cool pair of extremes and it made for a fun world.
Characters: Cool, I must say I loved Dante, she had this cynical-ish tone and great sense of humor, she was very straightforward and honest, versatile and sort of charming. I say sort of because she had more of a bam then a twinkle, if yo
Mary Grace
Oct 24, 2012 Mary Grace rated it really liked it
Dante is one feisty Hollywood agent you both want to meet and avoid. Wait, lemme explain the whys first. Dante has been in the Hollywood circuit for a long time making her an effective agent that you want to be handled by. She is that good and effective with her job that talents are sticking to her in addition to her being gorgeous that is. With all the ferocity in being good at her job, there is also one thing that you need to know about Dante.

Dante is affiliated with vampires. Oh yes! Gorgeous
Rain
Dec 23, 2015 Rain rated it liked it
"Sometimes in life we get what we wish for and wish we hadn't, and other times we don't get what we wish for and wish we had."
So... this reminded a lot of True Blood, which isn't a bad thing. Even the vampires are almost the same, only the ones here can actually walk in the sun. The plot is not that brilliant or complex, but it was a fun read, with a very sassy and badass main character and written with humor.
"Oh well. As my mother, the legendary addict, always say: If you're gonna be bad, yo
Jackie
Oct 21, 2012 Jackie rated it really liked it
This was my first foray into reading F/F fiction. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect, but I was impressed. It was a very good story with an ending leading you to believe there will be more coming. The love triangle between Dante, Ellis and Voshki was portrayed very well. The incorporation of vampires into Hollywood was done as easy as if it were true. The characters and the story were very well done, but I do wish that there had been a bit more to it. I kinda felt it was a bit rushed and a few ...more
T
Not a lot to say about this book. It was a fun read. i love cynical protagonists. dante is a character you'll love to hang out with.

character development and interaction: 5 stars
editing: 4 stars
storyline: 3 stars (ending was too abrubpt)
hot vampire lovin': 5 stars

a lot of juicy secrets started coming out at the VERY end. which means of course i'll get book 2 when it comes out. wish more of the alluded to secrets were explored in this book though.
overall, for the price, you should definitely pick
Rebecca
Dec 11, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Really liked this book, left me wishing book 2 out already. Look forward to seeing where this series goes.
Bib
Jul 31, 2012 Bib rated it liked it
An unusual vampire story told with humor.
Brittany Paige
Oct 21, 2012 Brittany Paige rated it it was amazing
Great book!! Hope a part 2 is on the way!!!!!!!
Lena
Lena rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Andrea
Andrea rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Sheree
Sheree rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Malcolm
Malcolm rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Ming
Ming rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Philisha
Philisha rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Alice
Alice rated it really liked it
May 12, 2014
Mary Harwood
Mary Harwood rated it did not like it
Nov 28, 2016
Mimlette
Mimlette rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2014
Bengute
Bengute rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2015
Tapferertoaster
Tapferertoaster rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2013
Nekondas
Nekondas rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2015
Odd Bin
Odd Bin rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2015
Helena
Helena rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2012
Jneajy Siri
Jneajy Siri rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Rachael Peck
Rachael Peck rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2014
Cara
Cara rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2013
S
S rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Night Hunt (Midnight Hunters, #3)
  • Raven Mask (Kassandra Lyall Preternatural Investigator, #2)
  • Indigo Moon (Garoul, #3)
  • Under the Midnight Cloak (Under, #1)
  • Better Off Red (Vampire Sorority Sisters, #1)
  • The Queen's Curse
  • everafter (everafter, #1)
  • Dark Dreamer (Dark Vista, #1)
  • Scarlet Masquerade
  • Second Nature (Shape-Shifter, #1)
  • Divine Touched (Vaelandrian Goddesses, #1)
  • A Hole in the World
  • In Spirit and Truth (In Spiritu Et Veritate, #1)
  • Girls Who Score: Hot Lesbian Erotica
  • Dying to Live (Elite Operatives, #4)
  • Stormcaller (Stormcaller Cycle, #1)
  • Waking Forever (Waking Forever, #1)
I am the author of 'Dante's Awakening ( Vampires of Hollywood #1 )' published by Untreed Reads; 'Voodoo Woman ( New Orleans Mysteries #1 )' available on Amazon Kindle; and 'The Lives and Loves of The Modern Goddess' available on Amazon Kindle.

I also enjoy blogging, social networking, reading, watching TV & movies, and spending time with my dog.

More about Devon Marshall...

Vampires of Hollywood (2 books)
  • Dante's Choice (Vampires of Hollywood, #2)