Start by marking “Dante's Awakening (Vampires of Hollywood #1)” as Want to Read:
Dante's Awakening (Vampires of Hollywood #1)

Dante's Awakening (Vampires of Hollywood #1)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Dante Sonnier is a successful Hollywood agent. She is also a friend to the secret community of vampires living in Los Angeles, and occasionally she assists them when they have a problem that requires a human to handle it. The vampires are led by Voshki Kevorkian, a gorgeous, sexy female vampire, who has made it clear that she would like Dante to be her human. Dante, althou ...more
Published May 10th 2012 by Untreed Reads (first published May 9th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Dante's Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dante's Awakening

Terry Baker
Top notch Hollywood agent, Dante Sonnier, is a friend to a vampire community residing in Los Angeles. Dante is often called upon when they need a human to help them out.

Voshki Kevorkian is the beautiful vampire leader. Voshki wants Dante to be her own human. Although Dante finds Voshki sexy and attractive, she has no wish to be owned by anyone, human or vampire. Vampires are well known for their possessiveness and jealousy. So Dante refuses Voshki’s frequent advances.

Ellis Kovacs, a vampire si
Mary Grace
Dante is onefeistyHollywood agent you both want to meet and avoid. Wait, lemme explain the whys first. Dante has been in the Hollywood circuit for a long time making her an effective agent that you want to be handled by. She is that good and effective with her job that talents are sticking to her in addition to her being gorgeous that is. With all the ferocity in being good at her job, there is also one thing that you need to know about Dante.

Dante is affiliated with vampires. Oh yes! Gorgeous a
L.E.Olteano
World Building: Vampire infiltrated Hollywood versus Holly Bush Junction (did endless amounts of snickering based on that name, if there's a town out there called that, no offense, but it's hilarious!), it was a cool pair of extremes and it made for a fun world.
Characters: Cool, I must say I loved Dante, she had this cynical-ish tone and great sense of humor, she was very straightforward and honest, versatile and sort of charming. I say sort of because she had more of a bam then a twinkle, if yo
Jackie
This was my first foray into reading F/F fiction. I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect, but I was impressed. It was a very good story with an ending leading you to believe there will be more coming. The love triangle between Dante, Ellis and Voshki was portrayed very well. The incorporation of vampires into Hollywood was done as easy as if it were true. The characters and the story were very well done, but I do wish that there had been a bit more to it. I kinda felt it was a bit rushed and a few ...more
T
Not a lot to say about this book. It was a fun read. i love cynical protagonists. dante is a character you'll love to hang out with.

character development and interaction: 5 stars
editing: 4 stars
storyline: 3 stars (ending was too abrubpt)
hot vampire lovin': 5 stars

a lot of juicy secrets started coming out at the VERY end. which means of course i'll get book 2 when it comes out. wish more of the alluded to secrets were explored in this book though.
overall, for the price, you should definitely pick
Rebecca
Really liked this book, left me wishing book 2 out already. Look forward to seeing where this series goes.
Bib
An unusual vampire story told with humor.
Brittany Paige
Great book!! Hope a part 2 is on the way!!!!!!!
Josie
Eva
Eva added it
May 17, 2015
Marta_Elwion
Marta_Elwion marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Carola
Carola is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2015
Adrienne Satana
Adrienne Satana marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Joanna
Joanna marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Jill
Jill added it
Jan 23, 2015
Neverdust
Neverdust marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am the author of 'Dante's Awakening ( Vampires of Hollywood #1 )' published by Untreed Reads; 'Voodoo Woman ( New Orleans Mysteries #1 )' available on Amazon Kindle; and 'The Lives and Loves of The Modern Goddess' available on Amazon Kindle.

I also enjoy blogging, social networking, reading, watching TV & movies, and spending time with my dog.

More about Devon Marshall...

Vampires of Hollywood (2 books)
  • Dante's Choice (Vampires of Hollywood, #2)
Dante's Choice (Vampires of Hollywood, #2) Voodoo Woman ( New Orleans Mysteries #1 ) The Lives and Loves of The Modern Goddess