Start by marking “Tarot In The Spirit Of Zen” as Want to Read:
Tarot In The Spirit Of Zen

Tarot In The Spirit Of Zen

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  691 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
This unique and valuable resource explores the Zen approach to Tarot. 'Tarot in the Spirit of Zen' introduces readers to a deeper understanding of the Zen approach to becoming aware of, and responding to, life s challenges and problems in the here and now. As such, it has an appeal far beyond traditional Tarot books, with their emphasis on arcane esoteric symbolism. Just l ...more
Paperback
Published October 30th 2003 by Gill (first published April 15th 1995)

Michelle
Aug 07, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've never understood Tarot, nor why people believe in it. I've owned a Tarot deck or two, and always found them confusing more than illuminating. The Osho Tarot doesn't attempt to predict the future, rather it opens the user's mind to interpret what's happening here and now. I've used mine on many occasions, and I always come away feeling confident and rejuvenated.
Adrienne S.
Sep 08, 2009 Adrienne S. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
NUMBER ONE TAROT DECK! If you have any interest in doing tarot, after you are familiar with the Raider Waite this is the one to go to....you will never be disappointed.

The book btw is fantastic as well. It's compiled from virtually all of Osho's books.

A must have. I read it at least twice a year.
Lee
Mar 30, 2010 Lee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Freedom can exist only if the future is open. But about an open future there is no possibility of prediction."

"One thing that is very fundamental has to be remembered, and that is that whenever we are doing anything---astrology, future prediction, horoscope readings, palmistry, the I-Ching, tarot---anything that is concerned with the future, it is basically a reading of the unconscious of the person. It has nothing much to do with the future. It has more do to with the past......If people are m
Eldon Lee
Oct 21, 2012 Eldon Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Part of my daily routine!
Rachel
Love this deck, love this book, and love to give this set as a gift to anyone considering picking up tarot. Very colorful, evocative imagery and beautiful, zen-riddled explanations. Great gift!
Lynn
Jan 30, 2014 Lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense, profound, and truly resonating readings. I can't associate the term 'tarot' with these cards. They are cards yes, but so spiritual.

I've had these for 20 years. At different times in my life I've picked them up, and the next thing I know, I am stunned and in ah.

The graphics are award winning - weeks had to have gone into the drawing of one card alone. Mind boggling art work.
Payal Tarot reader
Mar 02, 2013 Payal Tarot reader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tarot
amazing results loving it doing tarot through Osho Zen Cards for self and clients.
Eneida
Still have it (in Portuguese), though haven't used it for a long time.
Caramel Bella
Apr 12, 2010 Caramel Bella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a great accompaniment to the Tarot set.
Kim
Jan 11, 2009 Kim rated it it was amazing
wonderful for those interested in the tarot
Haikaa Yamamoto
Jun 12, 2012 Haikaa Yamamoto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful insights on these cards :)
Enkai
Nov 16, 2010 Enkai rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This deck is amazing.
Sverre
Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (1931-90), or Osho as he called himself, was an Indian guru who established a cult-like following in the 60s to 90s. His religious philosophy was all over the map, so to speak: syncretistic but more Buddhist and Hindu than anything else. He advocated a lifestyle of balancing sensuality with spirituality. He had a complex personality and swayed his followers with persuasive arguments and jokes. When he was still alive most of his critics agreed that he was narcissistic, sel ...more
Benjamin Richards
I have 'used' a few decks for readings, but, hands down this is the most fantastic set of cards and accompanying text I have encountered. If you have any interest in Tarot then you simply must acquire this deck, the artwork is very, very good and the cards themselves pull no punches. This is what I love about these cards; one day I can pull something from the Clouds Suit and think, "Oh bloody hell..." but there is always a relevant positive to be drawn from the message.
Ariel
Nov 29, 2014 Ariel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unlike any other deck I've used, this deck not only is beautiful, but it offers hope.
I've found that all the readings that have come from this deck offer positive insight and the constant view that there is always room for personal improvement and, foremost, hope. I have used this countless times, not only for myself, but for friends and family. They have also felt the same sense of overwhelming positivity during and after their readings.
Terry Monk
May 06, 2015 Terry Monk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was introduced to this deck way back in 1997 by my Reiki Master. I had to track it down and buy my own set.
Feb 06, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The accompanying cards are absolutely beautiful. Best Tarot card deck of cards I've seen to date!
Irvina
Apr 04, 2014 Irvina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tarot-decks
There is some sort of magic here. These cards draw spot on every time!!
Andy
This is not a book, it is a tarot deck
Amanda
Jul 10, 2014 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great deck.
Claire
Book to accompany Osho's Zen Tarot deck. I am not a fan of Osho for the most part. His circular and repetitive writing more often than not bugs me. The card interpretations are thankfully not long - sometimes wordy, sometimes hit me straight where I need it - all reading dependent.

The book though is a necessary companion for this tarot deck, and certainly brings to light greater meaning.
Beatrice
I love tarot and use my Rider-Waite-Smith deck often, but I honestly believe this deck is a load of horseshit. Would not recommend to anyone.
Cheryl Brady
Jun 08, 2013 Cheryl Brady rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I use this book as I pull a tarot card for the day with the question, " What should I know about today?". Every card description is positive and insightful.
Amber
May 20, 2010 Amber rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have been practicing with this tarot deck for over 10 years now. It's a great way to learn about Zen Buddhism and apply the concepts directly to your life.
Sarah Joy
Nov 26, 2014 Sarah Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favourite Tarot decks! The imagery is colourful and gorgeous! It combines my two loves. Osho and Tarot!
Brandon Lott
Dec 21, 2010 Brandon Lott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great resource for those who enjoy oracular wisdom that comes from outside of our own confusing intellect.
Sabeeha Kurji
Sep 15, 2013 Sabeeha Kurji rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite tarot deck ever. The pictures are just gorgeous. The cards are great for self-reflection.
SufiSoul
Dec 18, 2015 SufiSoul rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zen Zen and Zen!! A dose of quick Zen reading. Beautiful lessons and interpretation.
Sharon
Jan 04, 2011 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fairly essential if you have the Osho Zen Tarot.
Heidi Domian
Guide and futher explanation for the cards
  • Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom
  • The Druid Craft Tarot
  • Tarot for Your Self: A Workbook for Personal Transformation
  • Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess Through Myth, Art, and Tarot
  • Power Tarot: More Than 100 Spreads That Give Specific Answers to Your Most Important Question
  • The Wildwood Tarot: Wherein Wisdom Resides
  • The Pictorial Key to the Tarot
  • The Complete Guide to the Tarot
  • The Tarot: History, Symbolism, and Divination
  • Mabon: Celebrating the Autumn Equinox
One of the most provocative and inspiring spiritual teachers of the twentieth century, Osho defies categorization - reflecting everything from the individual quest for meaning to the most urgent social and political issues facing society today. His books are not written but are transcribed from recordings of extemporaneous talks given over a period of thirty-five years. Osho has been described by ...more
More about Osho...