Start by marking “Miscalculations” as Want to Read:
Miscalculations

Miscalculations

The charming Lord Kettering's penchant for gambling lands him in debt and puts him at the mercy of his mother, who controls his inheritance. To help him straighten out his affairs, Lady Kettering deploys a "man of business"--who just happens to be a disarmingly attractive young woman.
Paperback
Published June 1st 2000 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about Miscalculations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miscalculations

Instant Attraction by Jill ShalvisBlush by Nicola MarshAnd I Love Her by Marie ForceBlind-Date Marriage by Fiona HarperHow Hard Can It Be? by Robyn Peterman
A Hot Number: Accountants in Romances
63rd out of 70 books — 5 voters
Jane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëShades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette KowalOnly You by Lorna PeelThe Queen's Lady by Eve EdwardsGlamour in Glass by Mary Robinette Kowal
"Jane"
72nd out of 112 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Nenya
Aug 27, 2015 Nenya rated it did not like it
It's a romance; you expect some 'forcible' kissing; but when the it is the H who has a mistress under protection currently, is a gamester, gambler who keeps losing money (and tons of it), abuses the h for being a prude, and gets drunk and then does the forcible kissing, it's hard for me to let that go, even under the aegis of it being a "romance". :/

Not happy with the H. Don't like h to have to deal with ow/mistress :(

Perhaps author will redeem the "hero". But this sort of romance is just the pi
Alice
Feb 10, 2016 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Corinthian or Degenerate?

Luke, Viscount Kettering is a Corinthian, gambling, racing and having a mistress. Into his life stumbles Miss Jane who's a math whiz and been sent by his Mother to straighten out his finances. Naturally the innocent, ignorant and countrified Lady is shocked by his behavior and considers him degenerate.

Plot Reveal:

Well written and sailing along nicely with various problems and issues between the two, all reads well until Jane rejects his proposal. At this point she abrup
Sandra Williams
Nov 15, 2015 Sandra Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Story

I really enjoyed this book . The love story part of it seemed somewhat resting contrived but given the personalities of both the hair one in the hero that kind of fits . I won't do a recap of the story because that's already been done . But I will say I'm surprised at the writing of this book I really felt like it was a solid four star story . Above average . I know I gave it five stars because I guess I just wanted that extra star to figure into the bottom line because I feel like thi
Elianara
Apr 05, 2016 Elianara rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
A confident and kickass heroine, that I liked. But just about every other character was not to my liking. A thoughtless sister, a manipulative employer and an awful ass of a hero that didn't grovel enough to save himself or the relationship for me. 2,5 stars.
Natalie
Jun 29, 2011 Natalie rated it liked it
This probably earned 2.5 stars for me. It was a nice average regency love story. It was clean all the way through so that wasn't a problem. There was also more to the plot then just the relationship. I think it didn't appeal to me as much as it could have because the relationship just didn't sound as believable as it could have been. Also the main characters were a little boring. Besides those flaws it was an ok book. The plot had enough meat to keep me reading (versus just dropping it in favor ...more
Beeface
Nov 16, 2014 Beeface rated it it was ok
Not her best.
McKayla
Sep 13, 2011 McKayla rated it it was ok
There seemed to a an identity crisis with this book. Instead of following one or two characters this author felt the need to have points of view told from whoever entered the room. Would have been fine for a much larger book but this being a small one, this style seemed to detract from what could have been a better story.
Muriel
Feb 21, 2009 Muriel rated it really liked it
Recommended to Muriel by: Lady Salford
This is my favorite Mansfield so far as I liked the two leads quite a lot. I would have rated it higher but it lost some steam towards the end and I really could have done without the epilogue.
Celeste
Nov 09, 2010 Celeste rated it it was ok
The good thing about this romance was that it was clean...the bad part was that it was missing romance...and was pretty cheesy---even for a romance novel.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it it was ok
Regency
Anne Sofie
Anne Sofie marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Dieter Kletschkus
Dieter Kletschkus rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
Full Circle
Full Circle rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Sally Robinson
Sally Robinson rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Joyce David
Joyce David marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Betsy
Betsy added it
May 22, 2016
Anita Elliott
Anita Elliott rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2016
LaSherria Brooks
LaSherria Brooks rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Eri
Eri rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Alessandra
Alessandra rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jul 21, 2016
Kodelle
Kodelle rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Sum
Sum added it
Apr 17, 2016
medha bharade
medha bharade rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 04, 2015 09:22AM
Elizabeth Mansfield is the author of numerous regency romances. She is an intelligent and thoughtful writer, a hidden gem whose novels deserve to be more widely read and enjoyed.

Elizabeth Mansfield is the pen name of the talented Paula Reibel Schwartz. Ms Schwartz also wrote different genres under the pen names Paula Reibel, Paula Reid, and Paula Jonas.
More about Elizabeth Mansfield...