The Devil Wears Pinstripes

The Devil Wears Pinstripes

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  58 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In The Devil Wears Pinstripes, Jim Caple, ESPN.com’s “designated Yankee hater,” takes on the rabid fans of baseball’s twenty-six-time World Champions, and offers a decidedly different slant on the New York Yankees—the losers of thirteen World Series.

Caple delivers his send-up of the evil empire with scathing irony, laying waste to all things Yankees. A creative and unaut

Published March 1st 2005 by Plume

Kristina
For as much as I hate the Yankees, and as much as I love sarcasm and wittiness, I was expecting to just adore this book - and I did love parts of it. Caple is a funny, funny man and there's just so much to mock about the Yankees organization - the evil empire of baseball whose owner fires people for taking their pre-approved Christmas vacation, fires and re-hires his manager umpteen million times and at one point actually recieves a lifetime ban from the Baseball only to have it lifted (wish it...more
Jose
The Devil Wears Pinstripes is a hilarious book about the Yankees. The author, Jim Caple talks about how bad the Yankees are and just makes fun of them. From their legendary players to their fans, there is always something wrong with the Yankees. For all you Yankee-haters this book is like a bible. In the end, you can take the Ultimate Yankees Quiz to see how much you know about "the worst team in the history of baseball."
Bridget
I know just owning this book makes me a Horrible Yankees Fan but it's hilarious and I don't take it seriously.

Very funny, esp to non-Yankee fans (and even die-hard ones with a sense of humor!)
Carolyn
Aug 14, 2007 Carolyn rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who don't like the yankees
Shelves: humor
I thought the book was funny, with facts and satire. By page three I had already laughed out loud, and the last line of the book was, in my opinion, the funniest.
Amanda
LOVED IT! Very interseting read for those who love to dislike the Yankees!
Jack
Mar 28, 2013 Jack rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: gone
Decent --- Funny at times but kind of dragged on with some of the stories.
Paul
Pretty good, but some of Caple's gags get old after a while.
Leigh
Leigh marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Faraz
Faraz added it
Mar 02, 2014
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Sarah added it
Feb 05, 2014
Curt
Curt marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2012
Greg
Greg added it
Jul 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
The Best Boston Sports Arguments: The 100 Most Controversial, Debatable Questions for Die-Hard Boston Fans Best Boston Sports Arguments Best Boston Sports Arguments: The 100 Most Controversial, Debatable Questions for Die-Hard Boston Fans (Best Sports Arguments) Traveling at the Speed of Life The Theory & Practice of Training