Start by marking “Arrorro, Mi Nino” as Want to Read:
Arrorro, Mi Nino

Arrorro, Mi Nino

A bilingual recording of the selections in Arrorró, mi niño, the award-winning collection of traditional Latino baby games and lullabies from fourteen Spanish-speaking countries.
Published March 1st 2004 by Lee & Low Books

To ask other readers questions about Arrorro, Mi Nino, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arrorro, Mi Nino

Q_Barb
May 13, 2011 Q_Barb rated it really liked it
this compilation is a treasure for anyone wanting authentic Latino lullabies and finger games, written in Spanish with English translations. Some similar to American lullabies and games, such as pat-a-cake, and three little pigs but with Latino phrases that culturally fit. Others seem to pure Latino with beautiful language. I really liked how the illustrations are realistic places or times when these would sung or played such as waiting outside of a school for your children or a grandmother on a ...more
Q-Laura Zarate
May 13, 2011 Q-Laura Zarate rated it liked it
This is the perfect book to use in my kindergartner classroom. The children need to hear rhymes, songs and lullabies to develop their Phonemic Awareness. Some children have families that sing and read to them but not all of them are that lucky. I try to give my students the joy of singing these and other poems that I heard in my childhood. It was amazing to me that some of the songs passed frontiers. I have talked to friends from Cuba, Ecuador and Mexico (I'm form Colombia) and all of us ...more
Sidney
This book was a collection of old rhymes to play with babies in both English and Spanish. I found it interesting that they have different lyrics than rhymes I heard as a child. This book would be awesome to use in a younger class to teach them different traditions and songs that people would sing to their kids. You could even have your class do the hand motions and sing along.
Lindsey Richard
Easy to read and full of pictures to go with the games and songs it holds. All are Hispanic based so students can get a feel for the culture. Also, many of the songs may be comparable to some the students know from home and they can relate.
earthy
Dec 05, 2009 earthy rated it it was ok
A collection of Latino poems, hand games, and lullabies for parents and their small children in both English and Spanish.

Colorful, soothing oil paintings of a variety of young children and their families accompany the simple text. Children are shown primarily with their mothers, although some fathers and other community members do appear. A variety of Hispanic cultures are represented.

The rhymes and games might appeal to very young children, but are probably too simple for older children, parti
Alison
Mar 06, 2010 Alison rated it really liked it
Music can foster a special bond between mother and child. In this charming book, Delacre provides resources for caregivers to share traditional Spanish songs and musical games with their children. Oil wash illustrations accompany the lyrics to each of the fifteen songs, with the text presented in both the original Spanish and English translations. Additionally, the end of the book contains sheet music for the melodies.

This collection is ideal for immigrant or multicultural families who want to w
Joel
Oct 24, 2007 Joel rated it liked it
Delacre pairs fifteen traditional lullabies from across Latin America with joyously colorful pictures of mothers and infants, in this beautiful picture book. This book is as much about doing as reading with many of the poems being accompanied by instructions for actions that accompany them. Although Spanish and English translations of each piece are provided, the lullabies and poems work best in their orginal language, Spanish. Those wishing to sing the lullabies are provided with the music ...more
Lynne
Feb 01, 2009 Lynne rated it liked it
Lulu Delacre, a Puerto Rican American, collected and illustrated a wide range of classic Latino nursery rhymes and lullabies. Each page contains both a Spanish and English version of the lullaby along with a note regarding any motions that can be acted out while reciting. Delacre’s illustrations containing bright colors and soft brush strokes compliment the tone of the text beautifully.
Elizabeth
Jun 20, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
This book has simple hand games to play with your baby(similar to patty cake). It has poems that can be sung as well. Both the games and the poems/songs are in English and Spanish. The pictures are pretty. Song/Poems are nice.
Crystal
This is a wonderful collection of songs and fingerplays from fourteen different Latin American countries. I would have like to know which countries, but they were still nice. The author also provided the written music to go with those that had known traditional melodies.
Samantha Weatherford
this book is good to include as a cultural book.all the poems within it are translated side by side from spanish to english. good for esl students in the class. also has the musical composition in the back of the book, could use as a music lesson. k-3
Leslie Fisher
Beautifully illustrated book with beautiful meolodies. Apparently they also have a CD that goes with it.
Mary Ann
Apr 20, 2010 Mary Ann rated it really liked it
sweet, lovely book, bright illustrations, smooth flowing translations - I wish my library copy had a CD included. Does anyone know if the Amazon new book includes a CD?
Jen
Oct 08, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb, bilingual
slightly outdated pictures but equal vocab in Spanish and English. Also includes instructions for how to do these interactive rhymes with your children. great!
Tracey
Mar 09, 2015 Tracey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s, 2015
rhymes and songs in Spanish for babies/toddlers/preschoolers (with sheet music and English translations). A small, but nice collection--will definitely add some of these to my storytime.
Melanie Martel
This book has som Latin games, lullabies, and poems. Great way to share a sort reading from a Latin culture.
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2012
Brindi
2006 Blepre Illustrator Honor

could use for baby time....
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2008
Brianna
Brianna rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2010
Christine McKenna Lok
The book reads like poems but also has musical notes in back to be able to learn the tunes.
Sharai
Sharai rated it really liked it
Mar 21, 2012
Fernando Morales
Fernando Morales rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Polly
Polly rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2010
Robert Rose
Robert Rose rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2013
Elisabeth
Elisabeth rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2012
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2011
Lee & Low Books
Lee & Low Books rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2009
Johanna
Johanna rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2014
Corey Norton
Corey Norton rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Grew up on the outskirts of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Lives in Silver Spring, Maryland with her husband. Lulu raised their two daughters, Verónica and Alicia, bilingual.
More about Lulu Delacre...