Start by marking “From Far Away: Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
From Far Away: Vol. 3

From Far Away: Vol. 3 (彼方から / From Far Away #3)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  813 ratings  ·  15 reviews
With each passing day, Noriko discovers more and more about the strange and chimerical world she now calls home. Everyone is talking about an ancient prophecy and "the awakening" that will usher in a new epoch.
Published March 8th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC

To ask other readers questions about From Far Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From Far Away

Mary
3.5 "I can't erase...Noriko's face from my mind."

Much shorter because a one shot by the same mangaka was put into this volume.

Izark reckons that he must drop off Noriko at a place that he trusts before continuing on with his life. Contrary to what he said earlier, it seems that he now trusts that Noriko won't let it slip that she might be the Awakening, and entrusts her to a friend of his. What follows is a very tear-jerky scene where Noriko thanks Izark for everything but he can't bare to look
It's obvious in the beginning that this is going to be a romance, but it is nice to see that the person affected first is Izark. When he leaves her with an old friend he can't comprehend his own heart-ache. Izark is such a tormented soul in this series, which I love!

This volume reminds me a bit of Fushigi Yugi where Tamahome is imprisoned and is able to communicate with Miaka via telepathy. Here too, Izark and Noriko discover their ability to communicate with each other over long distances.

It
Sx3
I almost took away a star simply because Noriko and Izark are separated in this volume. That said, I put that star back because of the awesomeness that is Gaya Il Bizka.

Although a chunk of this volume is taken up by a one shot called "See You Tomorrow" which is set in modern Tokyo about a high school girl which almost made me take away the star that Gaya Il Bizka had earned back but Gaya is, as I noted, just that awesome.

And the one shot can be read as an optional because it is just that generic
Novia
“Can you see it. This is the world of light. Everything has become one in light. I entered the world of light and I found you.
Do you understand? We are the world of light. This is what we have been searching for. I feel a gentle energy that embraces everything. And this energy can be felt anywhere anytime as long as you open yourself to it”

Kanata Kara by Kyoko Hikawa has been my most favorite Shoujo Manga since early 90s till today and I know it will stay as my most favorite for years to come.

Ka
Bitsy
Picking up the third volume in the From Far Away series I thought I had a pretty good handle on where things were headed. We had a teenage couple set up against some pretty corrupt and evil governmental figures and some sort of magical prophecy bound them together. So I was stunned that within the first five pages Izark left Noriko! Their separation allows them to grow individually as they each go on their own adventures and yet something magical still ties them together. Not to mention that eve ...more
Natalie
This review will cover volume 3 & 4.

After the okay volume two, I can say this series definitely got better with these two volumes. But that doesn't mean there still aren't problems. But first let's take a look at the characters.

Noriko and Izark are still likeable. Noriko has grown a little bit as a character and I'm really glad to see that. She's what I would call a damsel in distress done right. She doesn't have to be a fighter to be a good character and she gets more interesting considerin
Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tahun 1998.
Shannon (Twilight Sleep)
A lovely "back in time" manga - much better done than most.
Liz
Nice edition, but am hoping the story picks up soon.
Maryam
one word
AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Shalene
love love love
Stephany Bradley
Stephany Bradley is currently reading it
Sep 01, 2015
Asia Hassouna
Asia Hassouna is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2015
  • Red River, Vol. 14 (Red River, #14)

Name : 冰川京子 (ひかわきょうこ)

Blood type : A

Likes Jackie Chan movies and American movies like BIG. Also cats, but not enough to own one. One of her favorite activities is decorating and creating useful objects for her home. Hates mosquitoes and cockroaches. Has enormous trouble in bicycle parks.

Does mostly light-hearted comedy stories, but very entertaining. She does surprisingly great action scenes (have
More about Kyoko Hikawa...

彼方から / From Far Away (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 1
  • From Far Away, Vol. 8
  • From Far Away, Vol. 9
  • From Far Away, Vol. 10
  • From Far Away, Vol. 11
From Far Away, Vol. 1 From Far Away, Vol. 7 From Far Away, Vol. 2 From Far Away, Vol. 4 From Far Away, Vol. 5