Start by marking “Every Move She Makes” as Want to Read:
Every Move She Makes

Every Move She Makes (Kate Gillespie #1)

Gruesome slasher murders are spreading terror in San Francisco. The pressure is on the police force to track down the killer before another young woman is found, throat cut, body abandoned. Homicide Inspector Kate Gillespie is picked to lead the search with her partner, old-timer Sam Scolari.

This is the case that could make Kate's career. But the next victim stops her in h
Published December 8th 1999 by HarperTorch (first published December 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Every Move She Makes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Every Move She Makes

Shelley
Aug 02, 2010 Shelley rated it liked it
Synopsis: San Francisco homicide detective Kate Gillespie's plans for spending the weekend with her ex-spouse DA Investigator Reid Bettencourt abruptly end when the department pages her. Instead of being in Napa, she and her partner Sam Scoleri begin a gruesome murder investigation. Apparently the SoMa slasher has struck again. At the same time as the investigation starts, Sam has marital problems that started when his wife, Dr. Patricia Mead-Scoleri, a morgue pathologist, caught him with a cler ...more
Michaela
Oct 27, 2013 Michaela rated it it was ok
Every Move She Makes lacks the shock factor of more modern crime fiction novels. The main character, Kate, is being watched at all times by someone who wants her dead and yet there's no sense of creepiness or urgency. I found that a bit odd and unlikely. (view spoiler)
The love interest, Mike "Torrid" T
Maddy
Dec 19, 2013 Maddy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
PROTAGONIST: Kate Gillespie, police inspector
SETTING: San Francisco
SERIES: #1 of 4
RATING: 3.0
WHY: Inspector Kate Gillespie and her partner, Sam Scolari, have been investigating the "Slasher" cases when Scolario's pathologist wife, Patricia, is murdered. He is the prime suspect and promptly disappears. Meanwhile, Kate is in danger and is under the protection of Management Control (Internal Affairs) with her main watcher being Lieutenant Mike Torrance. There's a big attraction between them. The pl
Susan
Jan 08, 2008 Susan rated it it was amazing
It is a mystery how I even came by this book. I found it on my to-be-read shelf. Maybe one of you guys recommended it to me. I don't even know how long it's been on the shelf, but I picked it up the other night and what a treat! This is a nice meaty story about San Francisco Homicide Detective Kate Gillespie. Her partner disappears just after his wife turns up as the latest victim of a serial slasher killer. It's a very good story with good characters. Burcell appears to have one other book that ...more
HornFan2 (Mike)
No spoilers! What an awesome debut novel by Robin Burcell. Really like the Kate Gillespie character, perfect police procedure book, like how she inserts possible suspects, doesn't give it away and at the end, you realize the bad guy was hidden in the story line all along.

Wish I had picked this up years ago. Glad that I finally picked up the entire Kate Gillespie series, taking advantage of them being re-released, the great prices on bookdepository.com and highly recommend her books.

My all time
T.M. Carper
Aug 05, 2011 T.M. Carper rated it liked it
A good first start. Kate's a refreshing heroine who will stop at nothing to get to the bottom of the attempts on her life and the murder of her partner's wife--not to mention the slasher cases.

From seedy motels to pharacutical companies, it's a wild ride around San Franscisco up until the surprising finale.

This was a hard book to track down. I bought "Face of a Killer", then realized that there were books that predated it. It took me a few months to get it through the public library but it was w
Loretta
Dec 28, 2008 Loretta rated it liked it
Shelves: dec-2008
A pretty good story about a female cop. She has to prove that her partner is not guilty of killing his wife and several other people. An Internal Affairs cop has to stick close to her because she is being threatened. A lot of sexual tension between them and the ending leaves the door wide open for a sequal. A good read..
Kim
Feb 20, 2012 Kim rated it really liked it
This book is well worth hunting down and reading. Really enjoyed the interaction between the characters and the feel of Inspector Kate Gillespie's San Francisco homicide unit. A very solid first efforst and I highly recommend it!
Sherri Hunter
Mar 03, 2010 Sherri Hunter rated it really liked it
Very good book. I enjoyed the pace of the plot and the character development. The author does a good job of not bogging down the reader with needless details while holding reader interest through the story. I will be looking for more titles by this author.
Kay
Jan 15, 2008 Kay rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery fans
Shelves: mystery
Kate Gillepse is a good character and I'm happy to see she is used in later books. I enjoy these mysteries!
Carolyn (in SC) C234D
The first book I read in the year 2000. Unfortunately I cannot remember details, only noted that I thought it was good.
Nicole
May 13, 2013 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Liked the pace of this book, and there is still enough of a mystery that I want to read the next one.
Danielles
Mar 30, 2016 Danielles rated it did not like it
This writer is not my style. It is much theory and talking,.....not much romance,...

She knows much, but in books there has to be more exitement!!!!!!!

Brianna
Aug 17, 2013 Brianna rated it it was ok
It wasnt the best writing but the story got interesting
Jun 11, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much I went out and found the rest of this series and found she has two series!!
Lynda
May 26, 2013 Lynda rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this story about Kate Gillespie female homicide inspector.
Stephanie
Sep 03, 2008 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
This is a great series. Read them all wherever you can find them.
Ruth
Jan 27, 2009 Ruth rated it liked it
Shelves: mysteries, series
part of a good series
Michal
Michal rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Vicki
Vicki rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Aug 18, 2013
Lisa Reid
Lisa Reid rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2011
Patrick
Patrick rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2014
Sue Larkins
Sue Larkins rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2007
Jenn
Jenn rated it liked it
May 03, 2008
Lori
Lori rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2016
Trina
Trina rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2011
Donna Barrett
Donna Barrett rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2013
Jerica Peters
Jerica Peters rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Sarah rated it really liked it
May 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Jasmine Trade (Eve Diamond Mystery, #1)
  • Under Fire
  • The Third Wife
  • Mosaic
  • Mother Nature (Em Hansen Mystery, #3)
  • Officer Down
  • Dead Center (The Rookie Club #1)
  • Good Morning, Killer (Ana Grey, #2)
  • Blindsight
  • Impulse
  • The Alpine Xanadu (Emma Lord, #24)
  • A Killing Night (Max Freeman, #4)
  • Blunt Impact (Theresa MacLean #5)
  • Zero Balance (Eviscerating the Snake, #2)
  • Resuscitation (Sami Rizzo #2)
  • Without Consent (Dr. Anya Crichton, #2)
  • The Angel Maker (Boldt/Matthews, #2)
  • The Stone-Worker's Tale