Start by marking “Bleach Volume 17: Rosa Rubicundior, Lilio Candidior (Bleach #17)” as Want to Read:
Bleach Volume 17: Rosa Rubicundior, Lilio Candidior (Bleach #17)

Bleach Volume 17: Rosa Rubicundior, Lilio Candidior (Bleach #17)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  4,413 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts--he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow--a malevolent lost soul--Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit!

Th
Published February 6th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach Volume 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach Volume 17

Dawn of the Arcana, Vol. 01 by Rei TōmaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach Volume 01 by Tite KuboSkip Beat!, Vol. 02 by Yoshiki Nakamura
Manga read in 2012
23rd out of 149 books — 31 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
193rd out of 434 books — 341 voters

More lists with this book...

anenko
The Soul Society arc finally appears to be drawing to a close. In this volume, Renji fights Byakuya, Zaraki fights Tosen, Gin baits Rukia--and Rukia gets to look pretty, helpless and tragic as her death approaches and the Soul Society erupts into chaos all around her. I was glad to see Rukia, but I am very much looking forward to seeing her taking an active role in events once more. The damsel-in-distress role doesn’t suit the character I first met, and loved.

As always, I love the character desi
Sophia F
Vendea
Yes! Konečně epic fight mezi Zarakim a Komíkem a Slepoňem. A Renji! Ban kai!
Sara
Nick
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
Taruia
Jun 22, 2014 Taruia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Bleachists!
Shelves: manga
Now 1/2 the Captains have decided to save Rukia and the others, well ... my new favourite character is Kenny aka Kenpachi Zaraki who battles Tosen. The Ryoka have separated and Ichigo is trying to get his Bankai sorted. Tosen's Bankai seems to be a stolen circus tent, evidently. I am hoping that Ichimaru gets a bollocking at some point, so lets hope!
M. Ashraf
Renji and Byakuya GREAT!!! fight even with his Bankai !!!
Ichigo hurry up :p
3:) Gin 3:)
Someone is leading this whole execution thing to fulfill his plan It's going to be a twist :p if it wasn't Gin's doing but after advancing the execution day :/ it can't be the doing of one person!!!
Holly Fetter
This one had some pretty epic battles...I am very pleased! After this volume, I can say that Renji is swiftly becoming my favorite character. And "Kenny" (Kenpachi) went totally beast mode in this volume. I think he's my second favorite now. Dayum. Both kicked ass and took names. Awesome.
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
MissAnnThrope
30 October 2012

First things first, this strangely naughty cover has absolutely nothing to do with this storyline. Nada.

Bleach 17: Rosa Rubicundior, Lilio Candidior is my favorite volume so far in this series. Captains fight against other captains with insane abilities, resulting in battles that are monumental!

Renji and Byakuya duke it out in an epic battle. Byakuya is seriously one bad heartless mutha'ucka. I hope this isn't the end for Renji.

Zaraki throws down with Kaname Tosen and Sajin Komamu
Bbabri
A kötet első felét imádtam. Renji és Byakuya harcolnak egymással, és én csillogó szemmel olvastam el. Nem tehetek róla, Byakuya az első számú kedvencem. Persze Renji vereséget szenved, de már elérte a bankai szintet, amin Byakuya teljesen meglepődik. Végre valami emberi reakciót is mutat.
Ken-chan harca most nem kötött le. Inkább azért, mert az ellenfeleit nem nagyon kedvelem. Vagyis inkább olyan semlegesek.
Hisagi bajban van. Yumichika megmutatta neki a valódi erejét.
Ichimaru szemét, de valamiért
Annchan Maulana
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro
Elin Evensen
Gin is such a snake... Can I please punch him?
Alexis Masters
Red like blood
White like bone
Red like solitude
White like silence
Red like the senses of a beast
White like the heart of a god
Red like molten hatred
White like chilling cries of pain
Red like the shadows that feed on the night
Like a sigh piercing the moon
It shines white and scatters red

- Byakuya vs. Renji
- Gin teases Rukia
- Zaraki is a monster
- Yumichika has a secret
- Compassionate lies
Georgina Howlett
Seventeen is a good number. I like seventeen.

I really enjoyed this volume! Yoruichi is a great character and her feature on the cover is quirky and different to some of the others :)

The training which Ichigo is put through is intense, but I know that it is worth it! Hopefully he'll be able to rescue Rukia! I know he can do it!

I love IchiRuki. So much. Hehehe.
Collin
Bleach. Strange title. Closer to Rukia. I'm afraid I can't give much more thorough reviews than this.

(Except that this title is really fun - it's Latin for Red as Blood, White as the Lily. If my memory serves. Which it might not, but it's close enough, anyway. You get the idea. VERY poetic title, in any case!)
Megan
Rukia is very much the princess who needs to be saved in this volume; she displays hardly any of her typical attitude and internal fortitude. Soul Society's already weak faith in this execution grows weaker as Renji fights his own captain, and other battles begin. Byakuya sure is lucky I have faith in him.
Soul
Jul 08, 2011 Soul rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
if i don't compare it with any other Manga novels then, it was a great experience to read this series.
the whole concept of Soul reapers, soul society,.. was neatly implemented.
And not to forgot it sure is a page turner.

so Worth 4 stars out of 5.
Malxox
I've said it many times, but I love this manga. It's great, honestly it is. The ending was brilliant, finally what we've all been waiting for. Except this volume was a hell of a lot of fighting, little talking. All these separate battles bored me slightly :p
Jay
Feb 13, 2012 Jay rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
I'm finding it harder and harder to keep track of all the people. Large sections of the book are enjoyable, but the plot seems to have slowed down a lot because we have to see what everyone is doing and I can't even tell them all apart anymore.
Jeffrey
Renji makes his move to save Rukia while Ken faces off against two other captains. It's pretty much fight-fight-fight-fight but the action is done well.
Susan
Kaname, if your bankai prevents him from using sight, sound, and smell, why are you talking to him?

Nice cover, Kubo sensei.
Shaun
When I was younger I loved the cover art on this one. Rereading this made me realize how awesome Renji was when he fought Byakuya.
Travis
Oct 03, 2008 Travis rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: codey houston
Recommended to Travis by: no one
this one was also a very good book that was full of action. i would definately read this book again.
Kereesa
Wonderful fight scenes, lovely Gin and Rukia interaction. Everything's going down soon! 5/5
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 20 Februari 2010.
Tim
Rachel (Sfogs)
Poor Renji~!!! Thank goodness lots of people also want to save Rukia!
Steph
Oct 04, 2009 Steph rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga
Loved it. Great artwork, and a fantastic, as well as funny, story.
Wickedshizuku
May 19, 2014 Wickedshizuku rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Migandas
We start off this volume with Chapter 140: Bite the Moon.
  • Naruto, Vol. 22: Comrades (Naruto, #22)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 13 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #13)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 68 books)
  • Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
  • Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)
  • Bleach Volume 05: Right Arm of the Giant (Bleach #5)
  • Bleach Volume 06: The Death Trilogy Overture (Bleach #6)
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)
  • Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach #10)
Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1) Bleach Volume 15: Beginning of the Death of Tomorrow (Bleach #15) Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3) Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2) Bleach Volume 14: White Tower Rocks (Bleach #14)

“The guys who play it [soccer] are kinda dumb. Why don't they just kick the crap out of the guy in front of the net? Then they could score all they want.” 7 likes