Start by marking “Bleach Volume 13: The Undead (Bleach, #13)” as Want to Read:
Bleach Volume 13: The Undead (Bleach, #13)

Bleach Volume 13: The Undead (Bleach #13)

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  5,136 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts - he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow - a malevolent lost soul - Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit ...more
Published June 6th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 4th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach Volume 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach Volume 13

Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
171st out of 476 books — 402 voters
Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
Good Manga
168th out of 468 books — 190 voters

More lists with this book...

Sophia F
To be honest, I seriously think that people really need to worry more about Kenpachi Zaraki as an enemy rather than Byakuya. His spiritual pressure is intimidating as it is, but also his irrationality of common sense is almost scary. If you are being cut down again and again, wouldn't that make you worried a bit for your life? Not Kenpachi Zaraki.
Okay, I love the pairing between intimating Kenpachi and adorable, optimistic Yachiru. I don't ship it, (because that would ruin the meaning of true FR
Jenny Nguyen
Sep 08, 2015 Jenny Nguyen rated it really liked it
This book is great for those who likes action and humor. But this book is mainly focused on the battle. It has so many scenes, from 2 people battling other people to dying and choosing to revive. A man named Ichigo was on a "quest" to come rescue a girl. Though they thought that it was going to be easy, they had come across some enemies. Some enemies are easy and some can be deadly. Lastly, at the end of the book leaves a cliff hanger of 2 men who learned something one knew.
Nick
May 13, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
Megan
Apr 06, 2009 Megan rated it really liked it
Emma
Jun 12, 2015 Emma rated it liked it
"Chad has stormed his way into the heart of the Soul Society, the Seireitei, only to meet his match in the devastatingly efficient Captain Kyôraku. Meanwhile, Ichigo struggles in his battle against Kenpachi Zaraki, the captain of the 11th company. Although Ichigo succeeds in drawing blood, the secret of Kenpachi's zanpaku-tô may be his undoing. Before Ichigo realizes it, Kenpachi's blade has pierced his heart!"

I can't keep all the captains straight. Captain blah blah of ## company, assistant cap
Sarah Sammis
May 29, 2008 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it
Shelves: pc, read-in-2008
Bleach 13: The Undead relies heavily on more bloated spirit energy battles. The biggest battle in this volume is between Ichigo and Kenpachi Zakari who is what Ichigo could have become if his friends hadn't intervened. Kenpachi relies on his brute strength both in his physique and in his spirit energy. Kenpachi is where Ichigo was back in Volume 8 except that he's never advanced beyond that critical point in his training.

In the process of learning about Kenpachi's underlying weakness Ichigo retu
M. Ashraf
Mar 13, 2015 M. Ashraf rated it really liked it
For me this was the best volume so Far...
Kenpachi Zaraki is a monster...
at first I kept linking him with a familiar figure from Naruto, Sasori - Akatsuki in his puppet form :)
The fight was INSANE!!!
and we get to see the mystery guy again!!!
a white Ichigo with a vague finale line with all this power will become his one day!!!
Yachiru is very cute :)
Bbabri
Sep 09, 2013 Bbabri rated it it was amazing
Háh. Ken-chaaaan. Ez egy nagyon jó rész volt. Ken-chan és Ichigo harcolnak. És persze Ichigo be pánikol Ken-chan erejétől. Mondjuk ki nem…
Ez volt eddig a legdurvább harc.
Majdnem hogy az egész kötetet végig harcolják, de nem is bánom. Zangetsu is feltűnik – hurrá – és Ichigo-nak bizonyítania kell, érdemes-e arra hogy Zangetsu-t forgassa. Imádlak „öreg”! Végül Zangetsu segít Ichigo-nak, és a Ken-chan-nal folytatott harc döntetlennel zárul.
Yachiru és Kenpachi múltjára is fény derül. Nagyon szeretem
Sara
Dec 08, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
Kati
Sep 08, 2014 Kati rated it really liked it
My favorite part was the confrontation between Ichigo and Zangetsu. Ichigo's soulscape - or whatever it's called - is so unique. And I wonder who the monster was with whom he fought, the guy who then talked to Zangetsu about devouring Ichigo. Cannot wait for more!
Dillon Seidl
Oct 10, 2014 Dillon Seidl marked it as to-read
I really enjoyed this book yet I haven't finished it, it brings me joy with the thrill of the battle sequences and how they send demons back to the depths of hell and save the world from demon's terrorizing the town.

I really enjoy this book (and I don't enjoy much books) so I recommend this book for your reading purpose "ONLY". XD
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do fe
MissAnnThrope
I am loving all of the flashbacks that reveal the mysteries with all the different characters. Learning about Kenpachi's past humanizes him, and discovering the connection with Rukia and Ganju is shocking.

The battle between Ichigo and Kenpachi is epic. It is probably the best fight in the series so far. The ending with Byakuya had me jumping up to grab Bleach 14 to dive into immediately.

Seriously, the series should just focus on the Soul Reapers. They're so fascinating! I could care less about
Julie
Apr 22, 2015 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though I have already seen this part of the manga in the anime, I am amazed at the fact that the manga has so much more information I feel like I am reading a whole new series.
Annchan Maulana
Oct 09, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, anime
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro
AJ.C
Oct 06, 2015 AJ.C rated it really liked it
It was a good book so far Ichago won against 2 captians and 3 assistats
Blanka Vlčková
Jan 15, 2016 Blanka Vlčková rated it it was amazing
Shelves: knihovnička
Zaraki Kenpachi je na scéně!!! Konečně!!! :-)
Collin
Mar 18, 2012 Collin rated it really liked it
Hey, I'm actually far enough along to remember some of the Soul Reapers' names once in a while! And after about seven volumes of not much besides fighting, we've actually gotten to - gasp - Rukia! And there seems to be some tasty backstory between her and... that guy... whose name I forget. The one who's been with Ichigo and - what, Hanataro? The cute little sleepy guy? Yeah, him. The brother to the one-armed splosions woman. And I really need to stop reviewing when it's three in the morning.

Su
Lisa
Jul 17, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Brilliant.
Holly Fetter
Jul 31, 2014 Holly Fetter rated it it was amazing
This volume was awash in awesomeness-the battles, the 'white Ichigo' (just what I'm calling him for now)and especially everything concerning Zangetsu. We finally learn more about him, and Ichigo finally learns that his zanpakuto isn't just a badass sword with a name, Zangetsu is alive. I really like how Ichigo calls Zangetsu his "priceless assistant". I absolutely can not wait to read the rest of the issues to see Ichigo's enhanced fighting now that he's seeing Zangetsu as a partner, not just a ...more
Logan Simpson
Dec 28, 2015 Logan Simpson rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Kenpachi is one scary dude, let me just say that. I still love Zangetsu. I can't wait to see Rukia's past revealed.
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it really liked it
if i don't compare it with any other Manga novels then, it was a great experience to read this series.
the whole concept of Soul reapers, soul society,.. was neatly implemented.
And not to forgot it sure is a page turner.

in this volume there is,
new power of the sward..., unexplained killings ... and the plot thickens more then ever.

so Worth 4 stars out of 5.
Taruia
Jun 04, 2014 Taruia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Ichigo battles 'Kenny' (I won't tell you how it all ends but this is only volume 13, so the winner is fairly obvious I suspect) but the revelation is the relationship between Ichigo and his Zanpaku-to. The drawings are clean and logical (Naruto for instance, becomes almost unintelligible with drawings that don'y make a lot of sense).
Jeffrey
This volume is almost exclusively about the battle between Ichigo and Kenpachi Zaraki, Captain of the 11th Squad. As such, I shouldn't like it much, but it reads so quickly and provides a couple of very good moments, including a big revelation about Rukia's past to close it, that I can't help but like this one.
Georgina Howlett
Feb 13, 2012 Georgina Howlett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
Well. What can I really say about this volume. Naturally, its damned amazing, and I love it to pieces. Kenpachi is a badass, and also a little loopy, but ah well. Tite Kubo has certainly invented some interesting characters in this volume x3 The thirteen court guards are finally being expanded on a little more.
Susan
Oct 18, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: shonen_jump
I loved the end-of-chapter little journal entries from the oppressed middle management guy. Too funny. I think it would suck to be on the lower rung of a hierarchy full of drama queens like the Soul Society.

Zangetsu is kind of dick, no? Also, it's a little NAMBLA the way he hangs all over Ichigo....
ikra ( just ikra...)
Jun 27, 2012 ikra ( just ikra...) rated it it was amazing
ichigo is so awesome so is kenpachi although you get the same kind of emotion when reading volume 3 because you that kindo of feeling that you understand the main charcter more -Kenpachi.
Truly Kenpachi is a sweet guy -espaicially to kusajishi.i`d like to learn more about this guy in the future...
Jay
Jan 24, 2012 Jay rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
While I'm enjoying the continuing story, I'm finding that there are getting to be so many characters that I can't keep track of them all. I know my son really likes that there are so many people he can create a chart of them all and pin it to his door, but for me, well, I just lose track of them.
Alexis Masters
"Every time we set aside our pride
We take a step closer to the beast
Every time we kill an emotion
We take a step away from the beast"

- The Dark Side of the Universe
- "Raise him well, 'cause his power will eventually be mine."
- Yachiru's thank-you
- Fateful meeting at the Shishinro
Jenni Noordhoek
At some point I'm going to start rating these at 2 and 3 stars. This arc quickly becomes battle-heavy - although at this point I hadn't tired of it yet. (I have eight volumes to rate here and I don't know where things started to get like molasses so I'm going to be arbitrary)
sado、 chad 5 14 Oct 07, 2012 02:08AM
  • Naruto, Vol. 23: Predicament (Naruto, #23)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Bleach, Vol. 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
  • Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach, #3)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach, #4)
  • Bleach Volume 05: Right Arm of the Giant (Bleach, #5)
  • Bleach Volume 06: The Death Trilogy Overture (Bleach, #6)
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach, #7)
  • Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach, #8)
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach, #9)
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach, #10)