Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 16” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 16

Bleach, Volume 16 (Bleach #16)

4.35  ·  Rating Details ·  5,243 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Night of Wijnruit
The scheduled execution of former Soul Reaper Rukia Kuchiki has been moved up and is now just hours away. Meanwhile, the Soul Society is in chaos, with Soul Reapers drawing swords against one another. Something is rotting at the core of the Soul Society, but who, or what, could be behind it?
Published December 5th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2005)

Jacky Yu
May 11, 2010 Jacky Yu rated it it was amazing
This book is about soul reapers and the captain Tootsee Roll is mad at a traitor captain Gin Because he hurt his friend HinDoMaru. They fight for a really long unnecessary time and finally, in the end A girl comes to save the day. Gin walks away because of the girls big breasts. Also there are some flashbacks of Rookya memories. Rookya is a criminal who is very bad and naughty and is going to be excuted. Rookya shared a closet with ItsyGo when she was in the human realm. Also RenJay likes Rookya ...more
Georgina Howlett
Feb 13, 2012 Georgina Howlett rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
I love Toshiro! Out of all the Captains, he is probably my favourite. I have always enjoyed stories and books where a child prodigy is present, and Bleach's example is no different :)

This volume was so, so good! It was full of action, character development, just general feel-good thrills :D I can't wait for the next volume, yet again!
Vojtěch
Mar 26, 2015 Vojtěch rated it it was amazing
Co na to říct? Je to Bleach. A dokonce ve velmi dobré podobě. Je tu zrada, akce, vtip i překvapivé zvraty. A já se už sakra nemůžu dočkat sedmnáctého dílu!
Vendea
Feb 13, 2015 Vendea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gin a jeho velký meč... Sice by mohli vyhodit Kaiena, ale dobře... že je to pan Kubo, tak to přežiju. A konečně se objevil můj drahý Komamura ♥
Harman Kaur
Dec 03, 2016 Harman Kaur rated it it was amazing
I loved this manga so much!!! :)
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 Nick rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
Sara
Dec 08, 2012 Sara rated it it was amazing
Sophia F
Tôshirô and Momo's battle heats up, and turns three way with Gin too. Momo is pushed aside by Tôshirô, and finally Matsumoto jumps in, saving Momo's life from Gin's sword.
They kind of just left us hanging with this battle, because it switched to other character's battles/perspectives and never came back around to this.
I love the little side notes telling what was happening in the real world. XD BOSTAV!!
Renji informs Ichigo, Yoruichi and Zangetsu that Rukia's execution was set for 'tomorrow at n
Mal
Nov 28, 2013 Mal rated it it was amazing
Bleach ... Just Bleach. There are so many good stories and plots out there, adorable ideas, crazy wack ideas, and some that are just plain awesome. But this one for me is just everything thrown together. I don't hate any characters thus far and it's funny and easy to follow along with. Sometimes there is just to much going on - Hellsing >.> - but Tite Kubo knows what he is doing. This volume specifically is seriously some of the coolest manga I've ever read. There was plenty of Gin (my fav ...more
MissAnnThrope
29 October 2012

In Bleach 16: Night of Wijnruit, Rukia's association with Ganju and Kukaku Shiba's brother, Kaien, is revealed. While I appreciate the sad story, I wanted to read more about the other captains. It's beginning to feel like Rukia is more of an afterthought to the main storyline, which I find I actually don't mind. There are so many other fascinating characters to keep me interested.

I am growing deeply fond of these characters who had initially seemed like the enemy. Zaraki is so wil
Bbabri
Sep 09, 2013 Bbabri rated it really liked it
Jó rész volt. Bár ez inkább a szereplők bemutatására szolgált. Most már mindegyik kapitányt és hadnagyot név szerint ismerjük.
Hinamori te meg…Ch.. Nem véleményezlek inkább…
Ken-chan és a bandája útnak indul, és Chad-éknál kötnek ki. Együtt indulnak el, amikor megjelenik Tousen és Komamura. Egyik sem lesz soha a kedvencem.
Velük érkezik a hadnagyaik, Hisagi és Iba. Hisagi-t nagyon kedvelem. Iba-t pedig olyan ritkán látni, hogy nem tudok róla véleményt alkotni.
Soi Fong-al úgy vagyok hogy egyszer ked
Krista Ivy
Feb 12, 2017 Krista Ivy rated it it was amazing
Our characters get stronger and continue to defy the low expectations thrown upon them.
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
Annchan Maulana
Oct 10, 2007 Annchan Maulana rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, anime
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro
Shaun
Sep 24, 2013 Shaun rated it really liked it
Two sides are gathering as Rukia's impending execution approaches. I love that men like Kenpachi and Renji are preparing themselves for battle against former allies and mentors. The 11th squad has really taken to the ryoka which was one of the things that made me like the squad and its seated members in the first place. Will Ichigo complete his bankai in time and will the others defeat their foes before Rukia is killed? A great manga that does not completely focus on the main character (Ichigo).
Lucy Smith
Oct 14, 2016 Lucy Smith rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bleach
This volume gives even more conspiracies, with Gin and Toshiro fighting, and there certainly is a lot of drama happening in Soul Society.
Meanwhile, Rukia's execution has been moved up and Ichigo have even less time to train.
Rukia thinks she deserves it as she killed Kaien, and she thinks it's her fault, but I really don't think so :/
That aside, I can definitely see the similarities between Ichigo and Kaien.
There is so much tension in this volume, and there's a real buildup.
Ashley
Apr 27, 2013 Ashley rated it really liked it
M. Ashraf
Mar 14, 2015 M. Ashraf rated it really liked it
Shelves: bleach
Ahh!!! I didn't expect the letter to accuse Toshiro of doing it :/ it had to be faked, he is a really awesome character and again who could believe that the snake didn't do it :p
The fight between them was awesome but I think it was cut short...
what happened at the cell was :o she must had her reasons right ?
Renji is back :) ans also Zaraki 3:)
It seems there're no real death after all that blood being spilled :p till now everyone find a way to survive...
Kadie D♥
Jan 09, 2012 Kadie D♥ rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Ahh... I went to this volume very fast cause I wanted to read cute chapters about this cute guy Toushiro and Momo. But it turned out to be just one chapter that was about them :(
Well, very nice cover though, He's sooo very cute X)~<3
I just love him: cute, little boy, strong, smart and acting older/wise.
He's just so very adorable XD... Kyaaa....~fangirl screem

Iguess I also have to check out the previous volume :p....
Jeffrey
As we, thankfully, have minimal Ichigo involvement again this volume, Tite Kubo is able to devote time to the infighting between the captains and to the backstory between Rukia and the Shiba she killed. The truth isn't surprising, but it's told well and that does count for something.
Jay
Feb 06, 2012 Jay rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Man, it's getting hard fro me to keep track of everyone. I really liked parts of this book, like the revelation about the reason for the sudden changes in the date of the execution, but I don't enjoy when I can't figure out who a character is. I know my son is able to keep track... maybe I'm taking too long between volumes.
Taruia
Jun 21, 2014 Taruia rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Bleachists!
Shelves: manga
The story continues with Ichigo still trying to find his mojo (Bankai, I know, that's going to attract letters from angry readers :) ) Kenny has gone postal and decides to take on everyone. However the suspense is immense because they have moved the date for Rukia's execution (oh no! What will happen? Add suspenseful music ... )
Kati
Mar 20, 2015 Kati rated it really liked it
My favorite parts of the book were Ukitake and the sliver of his backstory, Zaraki who has no agenda whatsoever but to fight and have fun which is refreshing, and Kyouraku - even though there were only a few pages with him and his second. I like all the insights into these characters, what happened to them, their backstories. It makes the manga richer.
Alexis Masters
"The mane of the sun pouring down
Erases the footprints on thin ice
Do not fear deception
The world already lies atop deception"

- Hyorinmaru
- Gin's eyes
- Noon tomorrow
- A battle to defend pride, Kaien-dono
- Instinct to fight, in Ichigo and Kenpachi
Holly Fetter
Aug 04, 2014 Holly Fetter rated it it was amazing
Hmmm...interesting flashback, answering a few questions. Ichigo still getting his butt kicked by his own sword-hurry up and learn bankai! ;) Lots of exposition in this issue and not enough fightin' for me, but this gets five stars for the excellent flashback.
Soul
Jul 06, 2011 Soul rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
if i don't compare it with any other Manga novels then, it was a great experience to read this series.
the whole concept of Soul reapers, soul society,.. was neatly implemented.
And not to forgot it sure is a page turner.

so Worth 4 stars out of 5.
Susan
Oct 25, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: shonen_jump
Things are getting more complicated and more exciting while Ichigo is busy training. I think it's hysterical how defeat makes characters in shonen series become friends and supporters of the hero.

Also, I was sure Rukia didn't kill anyone out of malice. Glad to see I was right.
Scott Lee
Jan 23, 2017 Scott Lee rated it it was amazing
Rukia's execution is moved up to take place in twenty-four hours from the beginning of this volume. All the different groups this invasion of the soul society story has revealed and focused on begin scrambling to adjust to this sped up time frame. The tension grows...
Kate
Jul 21, 2010 Kate rated it really liked it
I looooooooove Bleach.
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 16 Januari 2010.
  • Naruto, Vol. 27: Departure (Naruto, #27)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Bleach, Volume 01