Start by marking “Il fuoco nella testa - Uno studio sullo Sciamanesimo celtico” as Want to Read:
Il fuoco nella testa - Uno studio sullo Sciamanesimo celtico

Il fuoco nella testa - Uno studio sullo Sciamanesimo celtico

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  453 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Uno studio sullo sciamanismo e l'immaginazione celtica: analizza i miti, i racconti, gli antichi poeti e narratori celtici, descrivendo le tecniche usate per accedere al mondo degli sciamani.

Lo sciamanismo è essenzialmente un modo di vedere la realtà, e allo stesso tempo per agire all'interno di questa visione della realtà.
Lo sciamano percepisce l'universo in mod diverso d
Published 2006 by Crisalide (first published May 14th 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about Il fuoco nella testa - Uno studio sullo Sciamanesimo celtico

S. Harrell
On my shelf of shamanist titles, this one sits prominently figured. Cowan presents the traditional fantastic experiences of the shaman in an amazingly receivable framework. His experience of archetypes in well-known myths and legends opens one to the ability to read all things symbolically, thus, as the dynamic spiritual presences that they are. To that end I regard Cowan as a shapeshifter of symbols, not an interpreter of them. His telling of olde tales connects their spirit with a modern audie ...more
Darren
For mythology to folktales~and also ones outside of the paradigm of Celtic magic ~ its world alone is explored in this well broken down book. From Robin Hood to Cuchulain, and other not so well known hero archetypes; explore their make-up and comparative heros. Shamanism is a wonderful study and this book is a great one, even for those who have not read a great deal previouly on Irish history specifically or Shamanism itself. For those that have it has excellent comparative writings as well as ...more
Maya
This book is a great book that gives an introduction to shamanism and the Celtic Spirit. Tom Cowan gives a wonderful introduction on the problem of Celtic shamanism, which is a must read for anyone trying to walk this path.

Tom Cowen talks about the different kinds of Shamanic experiences and outlines the important components of Celtic Shamanism. This book is a must read if you are going to follow the Celtic Shamanism path or is trying to incorporate it into your own brand of Celtic path.
Alubjorn
Nice comparison of Celtic spirituality with traditional shamanism. The author (Tom Cowan) comes from a background of core shamanism (Michael Harner)which is a modern approach to shamanism that strips it of any culture and tradition. How can you practice shamanism without culture and tradition? I guess that's why Mr. Cowan wrote this book, because he knew he needed some depth to the practice of core shamanism so he made a nice comparison to the wonderful culture of the Celts.
Lia
May 03, 2008 Lia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Heather
Recommended to Lia by: Selena
Shelves: borrowed, favorites, owned
I loved this book and need to buy it! Everything it went over felt so familiar to me... it was like remembering how to swim or ride a bike.

One of those rare books I actually want to read AGAIN. =)
Ashley
Honestly, I read this book over 10 years ago. If I recall properly, it describes the experiences of modern (celtic) shamanism, it's trance traditions and mythological roots. 10 years later I read Julian Jaynes' "Origins of Conciousness" which added a wonderful and controversial consciousness evolution theory on shamanic experiences, modern and otherwise. While reading Jayne's book, I often nodded in recognition from what I'd remembered reading in "Fire in the Head."
Julene
Excellent introduction to Celtic Shamanism by a dear friend. I read it long ago. I've journeyed with him, and I've done a weekend intensive at Breitenbush years ago. I'm glad he is still teaching. If it were more my path I would travel with him through Ireland, what a way that would be to experience the ancient traditions. Alas, not this lifetime.
Tommy /|\
My second red of the book. Prepared with a lot more knowledge of what Shamanism is, and what Celtic Spirituality is....I was a little more disappointed with the book than I was the first time I read it.There's a lot of good historical information contained within, particularly on Shamans around the world.
Maureen
I went through a phase of being very interested/involved with Native American shamanism, but since I'm into the Celt/Irish deal, I thought this book would be a great hybrid. And it is.
Luna
I really liked the fact that the author made comparisons with other cultures all around the globe rather than singling out the Celts as the only ones with this type of shamanism.
Kendra
Enjoyable overview of Celtic shamanism. Easy to read. a bit redundant from other books I've read on the deeper meanings of the Grail stories, but good nonetheless.
Matthew
This is a great book. A leisurely exploration of Celtic society past and present with a great survey of traditinoal shamanism from Siberia to South America.
Bridgett
It was interesting to see the connections made between faeries and other beings and a faeryland with various types of other worlds/death.
Leslie
Very interesting! Talks about things like the triple death and talking heads of dead people. An amazing book with lots of insight.
Isaac
Very interesting. A combination of academic and spiritual knowledge, tied in with a bit of entertaining folklore and stories.
Rebecca
Love this book on Celtic spirit and shamanism - I'm am going to reread this during my vacation week!
Cheryl
Ah, the Celts and the wonderful connection to the land of faeries, the green and the animal kingdom.
Zerahel of LeavesoftheTree
A good book on Celtic Shamanism - I am getting ready to re- read it -- Will share more later.
Silas
Very good book. I didn't think I'd like it that much, but it really moved me.
GaryandRuth
This is looking very good so far...
Sharron Gravely
Sharron Gravely marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Gokhan Andi
Gokhan Andi marked it as to-read
May 26, 2015
Alexandra Heeter
Alexandra Heeter marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Tasha O'Neill
Tasha O'Neill marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
  • By Oak, Ash, & Thorn: Modern Celtic Shamanism
  • The Celtic Shaman: A Handbook (Earth Quest)
  • The Mist-Filled Path: Celtic Wisdom for Exiles, Wanderers, and Seekers
  • Bonewits's Essential Guide to Druidism
  • Kindling the Celtic Spirit: Ancient Traditions to Illumine Your Life Through the Seasons
  • The Druid Animal Oracle
  • The Apple Branch: A Path to Celtic Ritual
  • The Encyclopaedia of Celtic Wisdom: A Celtic Shaman's Sourcebook
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • Celtic Tree Mysteries: Practical Druid Magic & Divination
  • Druidry Handbook: Spiritual Practice Rooted in the Living Earth
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • A Druid's Herbal for the Sacred Earth Year
  • The Way of the Shaman
  • Celtic Women's Spirituality: Accessing the Cauldron of Life
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas
  • Celtic Gods, Celtic Goddesses
Yearning for the Wind: Celtic Reflections on Nature and the Soul Shamanism As a Spiritual Practice for Daily Life The Way of the Saints: Prayers, Practices, and Meditations Gay Men and Women Who Enriched the World Starfire

“Mystical insight and enlightenment occur when the veil between the worlds is lifted, the worlds are bridged, the gap closes, and we cross over.” 10 likes
“Just as twilight is neither light nor dark, but a bit of each, so is the middle head, face, or person representative of that magical blend of two opposing energies. The shaman is the twilight child, born from the union of the masculine world of light and conscious awareness and the feminine world of darkness and unconscious awareness. Shamans are at home in both worlds: in that magical space and time shimmering between these worlds, that point of consciousness 'betwixt and between' and 'neither this, nor that,' flickering at the edge of twilight.” 0 likes