Start by marking “Frankenstein: Return From the Wasteland” as Want to Read:
Frankenstein: Return From the Wasteland

Frankenstein: Return From the Wasteland

A novelette based on Mary Shelley's FRANKENSTEIN, or, The Modern Prometheus from Edgar and Bram Stoker Nominated author Billie Sue Mosiman, author of more than 50 titles for sale worldwide.

"The strength of Mosiman's writing is on display here in Frankenstein:
Return From The Wasteland. She has the same ability to use beautiful
prose and paint a picture that is terrifying in

To ask other readers questions about Frankenstein, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frankenstein

Jeffrey Kosh
May 20, 2012 Jeffrey Kosh rated it it was amazing
Frankenstein or The Modern Prometheus is my life's book.
You can change several things in your existence; your home, job, football or soccer team (extremely unlikely, but it happens) yet you can't change the book of your life. I'm so in love with this act of creation on the part of my beloved Mary Shelly that I just get jealous by thinking it in different hands.
It has to be mine, mine alone.
Myyy PRECIOUSSS....
Well, setting aside my Gollumite attack, I'm going to tell you what happened with `Frank
T.W. Brown
Jan 24, 2013 T.W. Brown rated it it was amazing
Billie Sue Mosiman is one of the most prolific female writers that I know. Her library is immense and she has had her share of awards and nominations. She had to be very confident in her skill to attempt to enter and add to the Shelley mythology. This is no knock off or cheap grab at an established horror icon, this is a continuation of Shelley's story told in a voice that meshes with the original.

The strength of Mosiman's writing is on display here in Frankenstein: Return From The Wasteland. Sh
Robin Edman
May 16, 2012 Robin Edman rated it really liked it
I cannot review the story without blowing the plot, but I just want to say that left me feeling confirmed in my view of the world. So, instead, I will talk about the writing.

This is a partially epistolary novel, written in the style of the days when epistolary novels were popular. And here is the interesting thing -- I hate epistolary novels of the period, but I liked this story very much. The author is so disciplined that she kept the writing very much consistent with the language and sentiment
Chase Boehner
Nov 15, 2012 Chase Boehner rated it it was amazing
I just finished this ebook this morning and WOW!!!!! I was impressed. The author immediately puts you in the mindframe of reading classic literature. I felt like I had found an old hidden gem.
The story picks up 20 years after Frankensteins Monster had disappeared from the world and the main character Robert is in his waning years. He needs to know if the creature is alive or dead and cannot rest until his questions are answered in one form or another.
This book felt like such a natural extensio
M.L. Roos
May 18, 2012 M.L. Roos rated it it was amazing
Mosiman's Frankenstein hits the mark again in this brilliant tale about the fear, death, obsession and what it means to be human, both the ugly side and the compassionate.

This 10,000 word story will leave you thinking long into the night, and wondering about the definition of life.
Greg
Dec 11, 2012 Greg rated it really liked it
Nicely written addition to the Frankenstein story that results in questioning who the real monster is.
Vincent Hobbes
Jul 10, 2012 Vincent Hobbes rated it it was amazing
Yet another Billie Sue Mosiman book under my belt, yet another five star review. I won't give away any plot, but I suggest reading this (or any of her work). She's amazing!
Rob Miller
Dec 01, 2012 Rob Miller rated it liked it
Let me preface this review with a short caveat: In terms of enjoyment, Mosiman's story scores an easy four- to five-stars. So why then did I give this novelette only three. The answer? Because of the way I'm defining the five-star system:

*One Star: A crime against God and man.
*Two Stars: Poor, or otherwise not ready for publication.
*Three Stars: A solid work worth the money/read.
*Four Stars: A superior, award-worthy achievement.
*Five Stars: A standard setter, a work to stand the test of time, a
Jan 31, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I have to begin by saying that I love the original Frankenstein. Being a fan of Billie Sue Mosiman I knew even before I began this book that I would be surprised by her words and once again I was not let down. This novelette captures you imagination from the first page and pulls you into one mans world as he hunts for Dr. Frankenstein's monster to find out once and for all if twenty years after the doctors death if his creation still lives.
This becomes his obsession. Even though he may not live
Esme
Esme rated it really liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Del McBride
Del McBride rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Robert
Robert rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Mark Lewis
Mark Lewis rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2012
Billie Mosiman
Jun 03, 2012 Billie Mosiman rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Abby Miller
Abby Miller rated it liked it
Mar 10, 2013
Witchhusband
Witchhusband rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2013
Larry
Larry rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2012
Matthewcp
Matthewcp rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Randy Hughes
Randy Hughes rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2014
Exanimis
Exanimis rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Oliver
Oliver rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2013
AJ Wilcox
AJ Wilcox rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2012
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2012
Stacey
Stacey rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
Erik Gustafson
Erik Gustafson marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2012
Esther
Esther marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2012
Alisha Cleek
Alisha Cleek marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2012
Tracie
Tracie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2012
Vix
Vix marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
Grampy
Grampy marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Brian Deegan
Brian Deegan marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2012
Tony Duckers
Tony Duckers marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2012
Ashley Davis
Ashley Davis marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2012
Valery
Valery marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2012
Florence
Florence marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2012
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2012
A.L. Butcher
A.L. Butcher marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2012
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2012
Jolene
Jolene added it
Nov 18, 2012
Vivian
Vivian marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Marianne Reid
Marianne Reid marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
199795
Edgar Award Nominee for Best Novel
Stoker Award Nominee for Superior Novel

Novelist, short story writer, columnist, writing instructor, editor.
My published novels are now available at Kindle.com, along with new short story anthologies and novellas.
More about Billie Sue Mosiman...