Start by marking “Necroscope: Resurgence: The Lost Years: Volume Two” as Want to Read:
Necroscope: Resurgence: The Lost Years: Volume Two

Necroscope: Resurgence: The Lost Years: Volume Two (Necroscope #10)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  1,372 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Harry Keogh, the Necroscope, the man who can talk to the dead, and Earth's greatest vampire hunter, has been searching for his wife and infant son, gone missing during Harry's war against the vampires. This obsession has left him open to subtle influence by an ancient vampire, Radu. Entombed in amber, trapped in undeath, Radu plans for his resurrection and plots the destru ...more
Published July 15th 1997 by Tor Books (first published July 15th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Necroscope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Necroscope

Stacy Croushorn
Nov 29, 2016 Stacy Croushorn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable book.
Julian
Nov 29, 2014 Julian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the most part, I enjoyed The Lost Years, Volume Two. It tells the story of the coming resurgence of the dog-Lord Radu Lykan, aided by the mesmerizing B.J Mirlu and her girls. She's got Harry Keogh, the Necroscope, under her spell, and spends nearly the entire book controlling him. Combined with the hypnotism worked on him by James Anderson of E-Branch, and it's no surprise Harry commits himself to an asylum.

Overall, this is a great story with lots of characters, but it did have its weakness
Andy Strutt
Dec 28, 2013 Andy Strutt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Necroscope Series by Brian Lumley
Review by Andy Strutt author of “The Afflicted”

I first discovered this series by receiving “Necroscope III : The Source” as a Christmas present. I had never heard of Brian Lumley but I was instantly infatuated with his work as soon as I had read the first few pages. Obviously, the first thing I did was go out and find the rest of the Necroscope series.
Harry Keogh is a very strange character with morbid supernatural powers that allow him to speak to the dead. That
Becky
Jul 23, 2015 Becky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with the previous one, an enjoyable read but once more it felt like going over old ground. I guess it's understandable that Brian Lumley wanted to fill in the years between Books 2 and 3 of the original series, and create a credible reason why so much time had passed between those books which was never actually mentioned, but really you won't lose out much if you don't read it. One for the completests only, or if you're in dire Necroscope withdrawal.
Troy Palmer
Apr 23, 2013 Troy Palmer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading volume 1 and being completely dissappointed, I was hoping that Lumley would win me back with this one. He absolutely did. I enjoyed this one far better than volume 1 and look forward to reading the rest of the series. Besides, 10 books in and 1 dud aint to bad in my opinion. I would rather read a dud by Brian Lumley than A hit by Stephanie Meyer anyday.
Coy
May 01, 2007 Coy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Necroscope readers
This book just drags on and ends very predictably minus the strange cooperation at the end. Lumley could have ended the book about 400 pages earlier. Worst of the series. Terribly disappointed much like Chapterhouse: Dune was an awful end to that series. I wish Lumley would have tagged some pages on Volume I and ended this whole thing with honor.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
DNF on page 31 because this is not holding my attention at all.

ETA (11/25/15):

I decided I'm going to eventually re-try this book. So indefinite hiatus for now.
Ike
Oct 28, 2013 Ike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
One word = lost
Cameron
It just seemed like he had to come up with something, it did not flow well and seemed to be a lot of filler. Very unlike his other work
Dollie
Feb 15, 2015 Dollie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
Lots of twists and turns in this one. Happy & sad for Harry at the same time. I think this may be the last we see of Harry. I hope not, as there are 3 or 4 more books.
Joseph Lopez
i love the whole series for harry keyhogh
Mike T
Mike T rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Christian
Christian rated it it was ok
Feb 09, 2012
Penney Nile
Penney Nile rated it it was amazing
May 18, 2013
Caleb Fulton
Caleb Fulton rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2015
Darkorical
Darkorical rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2014
Adam W.
Adam W. rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2007
Lily
Lily rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2009
Isotrip
Isotrip rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2011
William
William rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2013
Mark Howell
Mark Howell rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Jose Mawyin
Jose Mawyin rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2007
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2012
MikeR
MikeR rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Delascabezas
Delascabezas rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2008
Mike Mitchell
Mike Mitchell rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2017
Kristi Morse
Kristi Morse rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Jo Jenner
Jo Jenner rated it really liked it
Jul 05, 2012
Vavarra
Vavarra rated it liked it
Nov 17, 2010
  • Dominion (Dracula Series, #5)
  • The Mammoth Book of Vampires
  • The Third Section (The Danilov Quintet,  #3)
  • Paint it Black (Sonja Blue, #3)
  • Deliver Us from Evil
  • Vampire Apocalypse: A World Torn Asunder
  • The Book of Common Dread (Vincent DeVilbiss, #1)
  • Shock 1
  • Rod Serling's Twilight Zone
  • The Tower
  • Signs of Life (Lost, #3)
  • The Gathering Dark (Shadow Saga #4)
  • Unacceptable Risk
  • The Cylons' Secret
  • The Summoning
  • Red Hot Lies: How Global Warming Alarmists Use Threats, Fraud, and Deception to Keep You Misinformed
20602
Brian Lumley was born near Newcastle. In 22 years as a Military Policeman he served in many of the Cold War hotspots, including Berlin, as well as Cyprus in partition days. He reached the rank of Sergeant-Major before retiring to Devon to write full-time, and his work was first published in 1970. The vampire series, 'Necroscope', has been translated into ten languages and sold over a million copie ...more
More about Brian Lumley...

Necroscope (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Necroscope (Necroscope, #1)
  • Vamphyri! (Necroscope, #2)
  • The Source (Necroscope, #3)
  • Necroscope IV: Deadspeak (Necroscope, #4)
  • Necroscope V: Deadspawn (Necroscope, #5)
  • Vampire World I: Blood Brothers (Necroscope, #6)
  • The Last Aerie (Nekroscope, #7)
  • Vampire World III: Bloodwars (Necroscope, #8)
  • Necroscope: The Lost Years Volume I (Necroscope, #9)
  • Necroscope: Invaders (Necroscope, #11)