Start by marking “Fragile Darkness: A Midnight Dragonfly Novel” as Want to Read:
Fragile Darkness: A Midnight Dragonfly Novel

Fragile Darkness: A Midnight Dragonfly Novel (Midnight Dragonfly #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Mystery, suspense, romance and a touch of the paranormal, makes Fragile Darkness a strong, unique entry into the YA market!

How do you stop someone you can't see? For as long as she can remember, sixteen-year-old psychic Trinity Monsour has seen things before they happen. But now, in the wake of tragedy, her visions have gone dark. She can still feel, though, and the danger
Published November 27th 2012 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Fragile Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fragile Darkness

Jenn
I thought this was just okay. It seemed like the plot took a while to get too. A lot of piddling in the story line. In the last 20 pages is when the '"bad guy" in this story was revealed and why he did what he did. I thought with the way the last book ended, that this would be fast paced and interesting but alas it wasn't what I was hoping for.

Trinity is the most frustrating. Her growth throughout the series was very minimal. It was great the she had a better understanding near the end with her
Kimberly J. Smith
Jennavier
I'm not entirely sure what to say about Fragile Darkness. This isn't me saying that I haven't thought out this review. It's me saying that I really, honestly have no clue what was going on this book. All the things that could make a good book are there. Yet somehow I ended up so lost that when the big reveal came at the end I had no clue who the bad guy was. I want to say that it was me that caused the problem. Considering book two caused the same confusion I just can't. There is something incre ...more
Tiffany
I don't post reviews often, because I'm not too good with writing down how I feel about a book, but Fragile Darkness deserves something :)

I loved the first two book in the series, but this one really blew me away! It was deep! Made you think! I like that in a book! I love how it all came together in the end, but ohhhh how I did NOT want it to end! The character development throughout these 3 books is astounding! Trinity has grown into herself so much. And Dylan, amazing, mysterious Dylan... Fina
Kelly
Quite frankly, meh. Although well written, it wasn't thrilling or compelling (unlike the previous book) and pretty much seemed like an add on to further the story of trinity and dylan. And the villan? In spite of the teasers, kinda random. Le yawn.
Dr susan
I am going to delay reading Fragile Darkness . The darkness in Broken Illusions was too much, and I need some laughter today, so I will start Darkness tomorrow...I took several breaks even after starting Darkness, because I was scared that I would not like the way this trilogy ends. This book made me cry several times. I will read this trilogy again so that I can pick up things I missed the first time. Writing a review for this book is difficult, since I do not want to give away the story.
Sandra
It may have just been me but the story felt disjointed and confusing and not particularly well plotted. Trinity's relationship with Dylan which had progressed in book 2 was suddenly pretty much non-existent and back to him mysteriously popping up to save her then disappearing again. After a rambling middle and no relationship development with Trinity & Dylan we have an abrupt and brief climax and then Trinity and Dylan are together. Disappointing.
Kristin
This was the 3rd book in the trilogy. It was okay, but I wasn't really into it. I found myself confused a few times and had to backtrack. I don't know what it is with me and trilogies, I usually like the first 2 and then could care less about the last.

I still have 3 books that are the 3rd in trilogies and they've been sitting around for at least six months.
Jessi Miller
Jan 30, 2013 Jessi Miller is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I won a copy of Fragile Darkness (Midnight Dragonfly, #3) by Ellie James in a giveaway for free on Goodreads First-Reads. I'm so excited am going to purchase the first two books in the series so I can catch up hopefully by the time it gets to me :) Thank You!!
Jaime Lester
Amazing. Beautiful. Deep and emotional. Wonderful in every way. I am so happy that I found this series, and that I took a chance on it. Ellie James has been cemented into my list of top favorites. Please, everyone, read this series. You won't regret it.
Connie Garcia
Aww this was such a wonderful but sad ending to a beautiful series. I still miss Shane but part of me started to have a soft spot for Dylan!! Trinity is such a smart & strong minded girl would love to see more stories from this series !!
Andrea Lira
Seriously an amazing book! Ellie James is an amazing writer. I hope to God that Ellie James writes more books of this series because it feels like there's more to the story than there is. Loved it!
Hayden
Mar 15, 2015 Hayden marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
The cover is up on page 105 here: http://media.us.macmillan.com/Catalog...
Can someone please update it, please? Thanks.
Debra
Check out my review below:

Debra's Book Cafe

Debs :-)
Haley Reed
I read this, not knowing that it was the 3rd in the series as I haven't read the others, and I loved it.
Tif
I was not happy when the series ended, but what better way to end it then this
Angela
An interesting ending
Megan
I really loved this book.
Gaba
Gaba marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Tracy Renick
Tracy Renick marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Nikki
Nikki marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2015
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Lim
Lim marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Alli
Alli marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
  • Gravestone (Solitary Tales, #2)
  • Betrayal (Empty Coffin, #2)
  • This Strange and Familiar Place (So Close to You, #2)
  • Othersphere (Otherkin, #3)
  • Beyond the Grave (Past Midnight, #3)
  • Flash Point
  • Amarok
  • Shadow's Edge (Shadow's Edge, #1)
  • My Beginning
  • Morningside
  • Riven (Illumine, #3)
  • Legacy (Wintercraft, #3)
  • Christy and Todd: The College Years
  • Nightshade (Poison Diaries, #2)
  • Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy, #3)
  • Black Fallen (Dark Ink Chronicles, #4)
  • Destined (Desolation, #3)
  • End Times
Ellie James believes in dreams, destiny, and possibility. A native of south Louisiana, she grew up immersed in legend, surrounded by history and drenched in mystery. She penned her first work of fiction at six, turning to suspense three years later with Jacquie and the Swamp. Even before graduating from the LSU Manship School of Journalism, Ellie always had a tragic poem, tender story, or intrigui ...more
More about Ellie James...

Midnight Dragonfly (3 books)
  • Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly, #1)
  • Broken Illusions (Midnight Dragonfly, #2)
Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly, #1) Broken Illusions (Midnight Dragonfly, #2) Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly, #1.5)