Start by marking “Ghost Watch (Vin Cooper, #4)” as Want to Read:
Ghost Watch (Vin Cooper, #4)

Ghost Watch (Vin Cooper #4)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  169 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Special Agent Vin Cooper is feeling reckless. He volunteers for the dumbest and most dangerous job going: personal security operations in Afghanistan protecting bent politicians.

But when his principal is killed in a suicide bomb attack, Cooper is reassigned to a cushy job nursing a couple of needy African-American entertainers putting on a show for US military advisors at
Published January 10th 2010 by Macmillan Australia

To ask other readers questions about Ghost Watch, please sign up.

David Rollins Thanks Christine, for updating here. Yes there's another book in the pipeline. I took a bit of a break from Cooper because he was ruling my life…moreThanks Christine, for updating here. Yes there's another book in the pipeline. I took a bit of a break from Cooper because he was ruling my life somewhat, and there were a few other things going on in my life. Y'know, I don't come to Goodreads that much. I obviously need to regularly because, wow, look at all these reviews! As for updating where things are at, I have a reasonably active Facebook page, and I get notified when there's activity on it so if anyone wants to have a chat, go to David Rollins Author Site on FB. Again, thanks Christine! I really should lift my game, right?!
(less)

Jim A
Mar 13, 2014 Jim A rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
David Rollins is an Australian author I stumbled across six or seven years ago. His protagonist is Vin Cooper, a U.S. Air Force investigator.

In Ghost Watch, Cooper moves away from investigations for the air force and into personal security under the auspice of the U.S. Government. He loses a principal in Kabul and takes another set of principals, a couple of rock stars and their entourage, doing a USO type concert for U.S. troops in Africa.

The story gets interesting when Cooper and his charges
Richard
Apr 08, 2011 Richard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ghost Watch, the newest book in the Vin Cooper series did not disappoint. The book takes you to Rwanda where Vin is doing personal security for a rap star doing a USO tour. I was worried the way the previous book ended, but I now see how the two were tied together. It's a fast read that will keep you entertained from start to finish. If you are looking for a series to start, you could do far worse than the OSI character Vin Cooper. I am patiently waiting for the next release. A definite 4.5 out ...more
Randy Daugherty
May 07, 2016 Randy Daugherty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vin Cooper is a Special Agent with the Air Force, and lately he has a death wish,loosing someone he can't forget. When his latest principal dies in a suicide bombing in Afghanistan, he is offered a cushy escort job. He and 4 other POS will escort a couple of music stars to a small unknown base in Africa, one concert and then home, well that was the plan.
When there helicopter goes down and they are captured things head south fast. Vin and the others escape but two are still being held, and you le
Balthazar Lawson
Oct 19, 2012 Balthazar Lawson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 4th book in the Vin Cooper series is a real adventure through the jungles of Africa. The previous books are more crime oriented books but in this Vin moves to the role of a personal security officer, bodyguard. It adds a whole new level to the character.

This is a great adventure book and well worth a read.
Harry007
Jan 09, 2014 Harry007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action
I decided to read this big adventure finally, thinking I would start reading larger books to see if my interest could be maintained. I wouldn't call this book overwritten exactly, though a great number of paragraphs seem excessively bulky and they reduce the pace a lot of the time, but I didn't mind that too much because I was drawn into the story. Some people might call this type of writing pointless because it does seem overdone, it does seem to go on and on without much payoff and why oh why ...more
Renee
Oct 14, 2014 Renee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh wow, I’m almost finished this book and I have to say I love it, what a journey, what a ride, what a damn adventure! I stumbled across David Rollins first book The Death Trust when I was given a pile of second hand books, took me a while to decide that I wanted to read it and I freely admit I waited too long. The Vin Cooper series takes you someplace else and will have you reading well into the night. I fully agree with another avid reader of the Cooper series, a soldier on deployment, let you ...more
Leslie
Feb 09, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vin Cooper is one lucky S.O.B. and David Rollins gave him a ride to remember in this book. I like Vin and respect him quite a bit after this latest adventure. He is a true hero, even with his smart mouth. I laughed out loud when he favorably compared the Taliban to the diva celebs (no spoiler here, read it yourself.) I also appreciated the slam on hip-hop/rap with the rhyming with m.f. comment. The jokes and levity were sparse due to the intensity of the war zones Vin was in. He thinks fast on h ...more
Davina
Oct 02, 2011 Davina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. I found it a little confusing to start with because it jumped from past to present three times but once it got into the story it was likeable. It's not my normal genre and I found it a little violent and disturbing (this from a girl who turned the movie Blood Diamond off in the first ten minutes)so I was pretty lucky I managed to make it all the way through this book. I liked Cooper as a character. There was a lot of information on weapons which meant nothing to me but I'm sure it pl ...more
Henri Moreaux
Ghost Watch is written by the Australian writer David Rollins, and let me tell you, he does a good job with this novel.

Mystery, adventure, action, dark humour all tied together in the jungles of the Democratic Republic of the Congo with the star protagonist Vin Cooper.

If you like either action, adventure, or military based fiction novels you'd be doing yourself a favour to check out not only Ghost Watch but all of the Vin Cooper books.
Christopher
Nov 09, 2010 Christopher rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot express enough how good Ghost Watch is! When reading the Vin Cooper series, I became mad at the 3rd book and now I understand why he ended it the way he did. He completely took Vin Cooper in a different direction than normal.

Vin Cooper is an Air Force Special Agent with the Office of Special Investigation. In Ghost Watch, he doesn’t perform his usual duties as an investigator but comes across interesting facts and puts it all together and figures out what is and what isn’t.

The book answ
Jim
Oct 06, 2015 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
Another good Vin Cooper novel. This one is less mystery and a lot more like a Dirk Pitt thriller with one action piece after another from Afghanistan to the Congo where most of the book takes place. Three hundred pages of out of the fire into the fire.
Kirk G. Meyer
Good read

Not my favorite as that was the first book but a great part of the series. It was lengthy in certain areas but flowed well. Not all that believable but under the right conditions I believe it could be possible. I look forward to the next in the series.
Roger
Mar 02, 2014 Roger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the story and finished it in quick time as it got me in.
James Kidd
Dec 03, 2011 James Kidd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a 3.5, maybe 3.75 book. I really enjoyed it. It gambolled along at a fair pace. It got a little repetitive in the jungle, but the characters were there, the action fast and believable. No one was so amazing like a hero from a Matthew Reilly book, so all in all, a great spontaneous pick up from the library. I have ordered two of the books (the only ones in Norfolk fact fans) from the series. This also made a v welcome diversion from Matter, which I have just gone off rather.
Adam
Feb 21, 2016 Adam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt this book brought Vin Cooper into an entirely different light. It is easily on par with the first book of the series being an action packed read. I really enjoyed the direction that Rollins took with this novel, in some places being quite brutal in it's depiction of the action.

I'm looking forward to the next two books!
Ian Pattinson
Apr 25, 2011 Ian Pattinson rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I struggled through the prologue and first chapter with a narrator/central character who proved to be racist, sexist, homophobic, arrogant, ignorant and, the worst crime of all, not very interesting. Maybe the rest of the tale, told in flashback, explains how he got to be that way, but I really don't care.
Rachel Nowakowski
Read this to the end and enjoyed it. Not one of my favourites but the story was engaging and the characters were interesting rather than loveable.
eastwood  (do you feel lucky punk,well do ya)
littered with typos spoilt the enjoyment of this book,it is quite a good story but what a shame some pages you were playing guess the word
Fivewincs
Fivewincs marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Nathan
Nathan marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2016
Dennis
Dennis marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2016
Steveo
Steveo marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Gail Yarborough
Gail Yarborough rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
David W. Bennett
David W. Bennett rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Jon Litterine
Jon Litterine marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Stephen Boiko
Stephen Boiko marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
Roni Thornton
Roni Thornton rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
  • Gideon's War (Gideon Davis, #1)
  • The Renegades (Michael Parson & Sophia Gold, #3)
  • Death Force (Death Force, #1)
  • Firefight
  • Pay The Devil
  • The Leader And The Damned
  • Hunter Killer (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #8)
  • Special Ops Exclusive (The Hunted, #3)
  • Wraith (Nick Baron 0.5)
  • A Game of Vows
  • Pride Runs Deep
  • Bunker 13
  • Undersea Prison (Stratton, #4)
  • The Cowboy's Return (The Cowboys, #2)
  • Silent Hunter
  • Darkside
  • Warrior Class (Patrick McLanahan, #9)
  • The Shadows of Power
David Rollins is a fiction author who lives in Sydney, Australia, and is best known for his series featuring Vin Cooper, a special agent in the United States Air Force OSI.

Rollins has published ten novels, which most recently includes Field or Mars, a detour into the world of a Roman legion lost in the mists of time and legend.
More about David Rollins...

Vin Cooper (6 books)
  • The Death Trust (Vin Cooper, #1)
  • A Knife Edge (Vin Cooper, #2)
  • Hard Rain (Vin Cooper, #3)
  • War Lord (Vin Cooper, #5)
  • Standoff (Vin Cooper, #6)