Start by marking “Here, Kitty, Kitty” as Want to Read:
Here, Kitty, Kitty

Here, Kitty, Kitty

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Emma Vernon loved the home she'd made with her husband Max and cat Billie on the edge of the Adirondack Forest Preserve. Surrounded by the wild beauty of ancient woodland and crystalline lake, she could almost forget her father's violent death on nearby Ten-Acre Island. But something is terribly wrong on the island, something that will bring back the horror of that shatter ...more
Published June 7th 2000 by St. Martin's Press (first published July 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Here, Kitty, Kitty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Here, Kitty, Kitty

Donna
I gave it three stars because it was an interesting read, but as a "horror" book it's a miss. I'd class this more as science fiction than anything else - I didn't find anything in there I'd say was an element of horror. Granted, a couple of people get killed, but that alone does not a horror story make.
I still want to read The Changeling Garden, the other book by this author, but I'll be going into it with very different expectations now :)
C.
It is my pleasure to describe Winifred Elze’s wonderful book: “Here Kitty Kitty” from 1996. It touches on horror without being frightening. It also grazes science fiction, grounded in a present day setting that feels normal. It is one of the best books I’ve read, with a uniqueness that is refreshing, memorable, and appealing to anyone favouring these genres. I put off reviewing it a long while, not due solely to chameleon categorization. I want to do this novel justice.

‘Emma’ and her cat ‘Billi
Kelly
Jewel Nelson
3.5 to 4 stars. I liked this book, there are parts told from the cats point of view which made me think of my cats and wonder. But this cat can see breaks/circles/portals from the present to the past in the atmosphere, and wonders why her humans don't react the same way. I found no horror in this book, but lots of interesting science fiction thoughts, and fantasy elements.
Barks & Bites
HERE KITTY, KITTY is a thoughtful novel about the beauty and the cruelty of nature and left me with both a feeling of hope, wishing the author's world of was possible, and a feeling of sadness knowing in reality it probably isn't. Parts of the story were a bit hard to stomach, the author paints vivid and painful images of the brutality of man and nature but they make the story all the more powerful. Being owned by a cat myself, I can vouch for the authenticity of Billie's character, her scenes w ...more
Penny
very dissapointed! The book touts that it is full of terror. Not even a drop of terror could be found. would not recommend to anyone.
karen
karen added it
Mar 28, 2014
fran_g
fran_g marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2013
Alex
Alex added it
Dec 16, 2012
Amanda Kruckenberg
Amanda Kruckenberg marked it as to-read
May 25, 2012
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
May 16, 2012
Melody
Melody marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2012
Horror Aficionados : Winifred Elze 1 5 Dec 05, 2011 07:39PM
The Changeling Garden The Borgia Prince Ghosts of Proctor's Theatre If Only The $83.20 Cat and Other Stories