Start by marking “Alaska” as Want to Read:
Alaska

Alaska

Whether spotting a moose stopping traffic in Anchorage or exploring Alaska's stunning glacier-lined coast by cruise ship, the Last Frontier is sure to exceed all expectations. Complete with 3D mapping, extensive hotel and restaurant selections, guided walks and evocative photography, this is the most colorful and comprehensive guide to Alaska on the market. Let "DK Eyewitn ...more
Published October 16th 2006 by DK Publishing (Dorling Kindersley)

To ask other readers questions about Alaska, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alaska

Rebecca Huston
Nov 02, 2010 Rebecca Huston rated it it was amazing
I simply love the DK Eyewitness travel books -- so useful, so compact, so much information. I'm planning a trip to Alaska next year, and I want to have as much data as possible to make the trip as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, hence the book.
Astrila
Nov 28, 2009 Astrila rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone interested in Alaska
Recommended to Astrila by: Me
Shelves: read-non-fiction
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides are THE best guides ever! For anytime, for anywhere, THESE are the books you need! Awesome, portable size, awesome info, and great picts all included.
Monica
Alaska is stupendous. I found the book when I returned home and will enjoy it as a memento of a trip of a lifetime.
Cassandra
Jan 08, 2009 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
When in Alaska you must take a dog sledding ride - when it is snowing! It was quite the experience. The sled driver allowed me to drive the sled - it was awesome. It was incredibly cold, but honestly I believe this trip to be one of my most favorite trips. We took a helicopter and landed out on the glaciers - it was beautiful. It really reminded me of Superman's homeland! Took me back ;)
Sharon
Oct 27, 2015 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: travel
Great pictures and descriptions! It helped with the pre-planning of our trip, and I took it along as a guide to the sites we were seeing. I love DK Eyewitness Travel Guides and have used them for other locations.
Sandybear76
Jul 31, 2013 Sandybear76 rated it liked it
Shelves: travel
I used this 2006 guide for my recent trip to Juneau, AL. I actually got it at the Friends of the Juneau Library bookstore. Although it was slightly out of date (mainly prices had changed), it was still helpful. great photos!

DeAnne Wolfgram
Jul 14, 2012 DeAnne Wolfgram rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a beautiful resource for my inner passage cruise and excersions during a vacation with my husband where we also celebrated a friend's 50th birthday in September 2007.
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2011
A Yvonne Allred
A Yvonne Allred rated it really liked it
May 04, 2014
Kerry
Kerry rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2011
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2014
Jayme
Jayme rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2011
Brad
Brad rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2015
Elinor
Elinor rated it really liked it
Sep 11, 2016
Claudia1812
Claudia1812 rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Dano
Dano rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2014
leslie spero
leslie spero rated it it was amazing
Dec 19, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2012
BeverlyDiane
BeverlyDiane rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2009
Tim Edgerly
Tim Edgerly rated it really liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Raquel
Raquel rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2015
Janet Neil
Janet Neil rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2014
Wendy Nielsen
Wendy Nielsen rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2015
Sherry
Sherry rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2009
Thomas Julian
Thomas Julian rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
May 04, 2013
Faye
Faye rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Branden Beachy
Branden Beachy rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2010
Janel Cox
Dec 20, 2016 Janel Cox rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite
I love the pictures in the DK travel guides. I don't find them quite as helpful in terms of trip planning as some of the others, but once you have all the hotels etc. planned, these guides are wonderful for descriptions of the sites.