Start by marking “Turning the Tables” as Want to Read:
Turning the Tables

Turning the Tables

What Happens in Vegas . . .

Rita Rudner’s offbeat and on-target humor has won her rave reviews, passionate fans, and a record-setting, headlining show on the Vegas strip. Now she unleashes her hilarious take on Sin City in this comic romp filled with gambling, strippers, double-crossing exes, swingers’ conventions, magicians, and everything else that’s supposed to stay in
Published August 29th 2006 by Shaye Areheart Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Turning the Tables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turning the Tables

Heather
Dec 21, 2007 Heather rated it liked it
i'd have given this 4 stars if the writing were more smooth. the first third of the book is a bit choppy in terms of dialogue and sentence structure. however, things really perk up before long, both in style and humor quotient. i like rudner's take on vegas. it's ridiculous, and certainly worth skewering, but it's full of real people with very real motivations for what they do. i really appreciated how she wove in those motivations, along with the asinine.

this is a quick, breezy read and it def
Doris Jean
Nov 02, 2015 Doris Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, wit-humor, memoir
A clever, funny, entertaining author. I smiled a lot and admired her wit. It was also peripherally informative about the machinations of the entertainment industry and life in Las Vegas.

Jim
Dec 17, 2009 Jim rated it liked it
Rita Rudner was one of my favorite 80s comediennes discovered on an HBO special 'Women of the Night'. I thought she was very clever in her approach to humor, and adored her. I still adore her, even if she is working full-time in Vegas now. This book was fine, but pick up "Naked Beneath My Clothes" for a better read.
Natalie
Jan 16, 2012 Natalie rated it liked it
This was a hard one to rate. I think it deserves more of a 2.5 star rating...it was a fun read, simple, light, and fast but it also didn't have a real deep plot, the characters at time one dimensional, and the dialogue silly in parts. Overall, however, it was still a book that kept me reading and for that I will give it 3 stars.
Judy
Feb 28, 2009 Judy rated it liked it
I received an autographed copy from Rita Rudner when we saw her in Las Vegas a couple of years ago, but only recently got around to reading it. Some parts were quite a riot! All in all, very "Vegas," and very Rita!
Julie
Mar 27, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
It read like an Hour TV drama. The characters were likeable not real deep. The persons who are wronged get righted and you can feel that by the third chapter. Perfect for a plane ride or a long car ride.
Pat
Sep 10, 2011 Pat rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the story. Not quite as funny as Rita's "Tickled Pink". But she is surprisingly a fun writer! I am especially fond of the happy ending tales. Here it is!
Big Daddy
Dec 27, 2013 Big Daddy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: basement
Funny light read
Recommend it as a weekend read or vacation read
Lots of lol chuckles

I will read more of her stuff
David Butler
David Butler rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2013
Corie
Corie rated it it was ok
Sep 26, 2011
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2013
Andrea Frazier
Andrea Frazier rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2011
Hoopoes
Hoopoes rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2012
Myra Becker
Myra Becker rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was ok
Sep 29, 2013
Randy Waite
Randy Waite rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2016
Kimberly Busbee
Kimberly Busbee rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2009
Keilah Dimpas
Keilah Dimpas rated it it was ok
Mar 19, 2012
Goose
Goose rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Kristian Birch
Kristian Birch rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2014
Kylie
Kylie rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2010
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2013
Kim-Lost-In-A-Book
Kim-Lost-In-A-Book rated it really liked it
May 24, 2009
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Elissa Patterson
Elissa Patterson rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Jane
Jane rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2016
Melyssa Fratkin
Melyssa Fratkin rated it liked it
Oct 17, 2011
Joni
Joni rated it liked it
Aug 02, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2011
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2013
Rita Rudner is an American comedienne, writer and actress.

Rudner and her producer husband, Martin Bergman, wrote the screenplay of the film Peter's Friends, in which she also acted. She is the author of the best-selling I Still Have It; I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It, Naked Beneath My Clothes, and the novels Tickled Pink and Turning The Tables. She has written several screenplays with her hu
More about Rita Rudner...