Start by marking “Turning the Tables” as Want to Read:
Turning the Tables

Turning the Tables

What Happens in Vegas . . .

Rita Rudner’s offbeat and on-target humor has won her rave reviews, passionate fans, and a record-setting, headlining show on the Vegas strip. Now she unleashes her hilarious take on Sin City in this comic romp filled with gambling, strippers, double-crossing exes, swingers’ conventions, magicians, and everything else that’s supposed to stay in
Published August 29th 2006 by Shaye Areheart Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Turning the Tables, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turning the Tables

Heather
Dec 21, 2007 Heather rated it liked it
i'd have given this 4 stars if the writing were more smooth. the first third of the book is a bit choppy in terms of dialogue and sentence structure. however, things really perk up before long, both in style and humor quotient. i like rudner's take on vegas. it's ridiculous, and certainly worth skewering, but it's full of real people with very real motivations for what they do. i really appreciated how she wove in those motivations, along with the asinine.

this is a quick, breezy read and it def
Doris Jean
Oct 07, 2014 Doris Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, wit-humor, memoir
A clever, funny, entertaining author. I smiled a lot and admired her wit. It was also peripherally informative about the machinations of the entertainment industry and life in Las Vegas.

Natalie
Jan 16, 2012 Natalie rated it liked it
This was a hard one to rate. I think it deserves more of a 2.5 star rating...it was a fun read, simple, light, and fast but it also didn't have a real deep plot, the characters at time one dimensional, and the dialogue silly in parts. Overall, however, it was still a book that kept me reading and for that I will give it 3 stars.
Jim
Jul 23, 2007 Jim rated it liked it
Rita Rudner was one of my favorite 80s comediennes discovered on an HBO special 'Women of the Night'. I thought she was very clever in her approach to humor, and adored her. I still adore her, even if she is working full-time in Vegas now. This book was fine, but pick up "Naked Beneath My Clothes" for a better read.
Judy
Feb 28, 2009 Judy rated it liked it
I received an autographed copy from Rita Rudner when we saw her in Las Vegas a couple of years ago, but only recently got around to reading it. Some parts were quite a riot! All in all, very "Vegas," and very Rita!
Julie
Mar 27, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
It read like an Hour TV drama. The characters were likeable not real deep. The persons who are wronged get righted and you can feel that by the third chapter. Perfect for a plane ride or a long car ride.
Pat
Sep 10, 2011 Pat rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the story. Not quite as funny as Rita's "Tickled Pink". But she is surprisingly a fun writer! I am especially fond of the happy ending tales. Here it is!
Big Daddy
Dec 27, 2013 Big Daddy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: basement
Funny light read
Recommend it as a weekend read or vacation read
Lots of lol chuckles

I will read more of her stuff
Betsy
Jul 19, 2007 Betsy rated it liked it
Rita is a comedian who can write. Kind of a rarity. This book was a pleasant diversion.
itpdx
Oct 19, 2015 itpdx rated it it was ok
Pretty silly and a bit raw. Probably would make a raw, fluffy mid-range movie.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Monica Matthews
Monica Matthews marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
Laura Rosin
Laura Rosin marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Nicole
Nicole added it
Apr 30, 2016
Stephen
Stephen marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Robert Scott
Robert Scott marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Jane
Jane rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2016
Steven Harbin
Steven Harbin marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Michele Heryford
Michele Heryford marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Tracy Empson
Tracy Empson marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Vickie
Vickie added it
Mar 07, 2015
Goose
Goose rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2015
Myra Becker
Myra Becker rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Andrea Schulte
Andrea Schulte marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Magda Narima
Magda Narima marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Rita Rudner is an American comedienne, writer and actress.

Rudner and her producer husband, Martin Bergman, wrote the screenplay of the film Peter's Friends, in which she also acted. She is the author of the best-selling I Still Have It; I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It, Naked Beneath My Clothes, and the novels Tickled Pink and Turning The Tables. She has written several screenplays with her hu
More about Rita Rudner...