Start by marking “Beginnings: Liberation (Love is Always Write)” as Want to Read:
Beginnings: Liberation (Love is Always Write)

Beginnings: Liberation (Love is Always Write)

3.03 of 5 stars 3.03  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  19 reviews
My mother looked at my eyes in the mirror – one last time in a lifetime of never meeting my gaze, never letting me look directly at her face. The snakes of her hair hung limply, unmoving. She had removed her veil for this last visit, but lay turned away.

“You’re not a Gorgon, my boy. Not even half. But when I die – beware. Power doesn’t disappear, it changes and moves. Be c...more
ebook, Online Fiction, 32 pages
Published June 13th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Beginnings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beginnings

Nic
Part of Love is Always Write - Volume 1
Nor really a story I could get into but I imagine it would be appreciated by fans of mythology. It all seemed superficial, touching on too much for a short story. The journey to rid the curse took up most of the story with little romance although there is a ménage sex scene at the end.
Penumbra
This story is based on a prompt of a stone statue of two men. The author turned the prompt into a story of Eleftherios, the son of Medusa, who after his mother dies is cursed with her affliction of turning people to stone. The two people he turns to stone are his lovers, Nikandros and Vasilios. In order to find a way to reverse the curse, Eleftherios must first visit Delphi. After that he goes on an adventure with the information to 'the source.'

I liked this story because I like mythology. The n...more
Pete W
The non-sex part of this, to me, read like a Mythology textbook. This is not a criticism, just how I felt.

Ms. Ebulu did a good job of expounding on Medusa myth. I wish that Hephaestus would have a small role in this since the main character was a blacksmith. But all in all, it was an enjoyable read. The heaviness and the slight melancholy portrayed in the story was done well. The speech sound older style that suit the period as well.
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
It’s always fun and interesting to see how someone’s imagination takes root based on inspiration from a photo. I enjoyed the Greek mythology incorporated into this story – very fitting for the picture. Menage (m/m/m) also happens to be a favorite of mine, so that was a pleasant addition to the story. Very nice overall!
Julesmarie
I'm a fan of Greek mythology, so this was a fun one for me. Like someone said in the comments, this was like Greek god fan fic, but it was such a hoot to read. I thought Ms. Ebulu did a fantastic job crafting a story that fit the photo and the prompt.
Victoria
3.5 - Nice story. I liked the interpretation of the photo. Thank you Alessandra Ebulu, for donating your story, time and talent.
Helen Peter
Wow! Really enjoy this version of the story. Would really like more of the threesome.
Ayanna
It's not bad, but at the same time, quite odd/awkward.

The ostensible features are there, but the cultural aspects aren't quite right. It's like everyone is LARP'ing this story out, except all of the western hints make it seem more like cultural appropriation than anything.

I'm not exactly an expert in ancient Greek culture, but people being disgusted by public male kissing? I thought Greece was all about the male-love and women were pretty much for the convenience of breeding. Not to as far an ex...more
Alessandra Ebulu
Sep 25, 2012 Alessandra Ebulu rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
Okay, so of course my review of this book will be completely biased. I wrote it after all. But I had fun writing this story. I love Greek mythology. From the crazy gods and goddesses who have their human flaws, arrogance and pride, to the mortals who had to fight for their own survival and turn out stronger because their gods were to busy immersed in their own lives to care. Eleftherios had to fight for a change for himself and his lovers, and he started the chain of events that would eventually...more
CB
A really interesting short story and the author takes great liberties with the use of fiction and retelling of the stories of the Gods and Medusa. I found it very entertaining, and sexy!

I will be looking for more from this author!
Saskia
Apr 15, 2014 Saskia rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
The part I surely won't forget so soon about this short story is the mental image of Eleftherios' lovers turned to stone in a rather compromising position!
Lila Hunter
An interesting take to Medusa's story.
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
I'm not really a Greek Mythology fanatic -I seem to be one of the few on goodreads :(- but I do appreciate and like Greek Mythology, I just don't actively seek out and read them, or read books based on them. So, though I am familiar with Medusa, this was kinda an odd book for me. To be honest, I wasn't really feeling the whole mythology thing too much, and even after Athena explained herself, I didn't really like her.

The menage was totally hot though, haha.
Kendra
Interesting concept of using the Medusa curse and how it affected the next generation. A little bland at times for me and I would have liked a little more back story (I didn't feel really connected to the lovers of the MC) but overall it was a good read.
Adara
I enjoy Greek/Roman mythology, so this one was right up my alley. It felt complete and was a quick read with an interesting message/concept built into it. Enjoyable.
Girlgeorge
This was just ok for me. Not exactly my cup of tea but I did enjoy the Greek gods aspect and the twist on the Medusa tale.
Rachel
Dec 31, 2013 Rachel marked it as owned-to-read
*free on ARE
Ida
Ida marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Cara
Cara added it
Sep 23, 2014
Steph Moyer
Steph Moyer marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Patricia Dugan
Patricia Dugan marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Toni (U.A.C.)
Toni (U.A.C.) marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Blood Raine
  • Firsts and Forever
  • In Dreams (Love is Always Write)
  • The Luxury of Vengeance (Love is Always Write)
  • Shadow Dance
  • Meet Me At Midnight (Love is Always Write)
  • Hi, Honey (Love is Always Write)
  • Our Song (Love is Always Write)
  • Exception
  • Coming Home (Love is Always Write)
  • A Magnetic Couple Dilemma
  • To Keep a Smile
  • Playing With Shadows (Love is Always Write)
  • At What Cost? (Love is Always Write)
  • A Pharaoh's Promise
  • Skin or Scale (Love is Always Write)
  • My Lord's Judgment
  • The Next Step (Love is Always Write)
For as long as she can remember, Alessandra Ebulu has always had her nose buried in a book. The characters appeal to her, and it is not uncommon to find her talking to the various characters in her head—, both the ones she has read about and the ones she has created. When not reading or writing, Alessandra can be found watching movies, sitting in front of her laptop (watching animes, reading manga...more
More about Alessandra Ebulu...
Binding Ties Seeing Lagos Saved by a Demon A Second Chance Reprisal