Start by marking “Bed of My Chevy” as Want to Read:
Bed of My Chevy

Bed of My Chevy (Love is Always Write)

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  149 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Dear Author,
When my boyfriend left, I thought the worst part was my broken heart. Then, I came home and found he’d taken my dog. Weeks later, my ex called to tell me Dragon had escaped. Months passed before I got a call that his microchip had been scanned at a local veterinarian’s office. I went to pick Dragon up from the clinic, and I almost forgot what I went for when I
Published May 26th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Bed of My Chevy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bed of My Chevy

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Vet says he's always wanted a truck... Well why doesn't he buy one? Especially if he makes house calls and stuff. And his own driveway sounds like it needs a truck to get down.

Why wouldn't they shut the door while having sex? Having the dog bark and jump on the bed during is not sexy, IMO

Some how mc goes from not wanting another relationship at the beginning to meet the vet and immediately going home with him. Fuck once and after he says he wants more than sex... Okay when did that happen since
Gwengwel
1.5 stars (for the dog)
The story start with Mc saying that he doesn't want to date and five minutes later, he is lonely and want/need someone.
The writing is simplistic and mechanic (not sure how to explain it better than that).
End-up skipping the story to read the ending.
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume One.

I don't even know what to say. First of all, one of the most annoying things in the world is someone who is so insecure they constantly say negative things about themselves, even when they haven't really done anything to warrant it. SO unattractive. Also annoying, someone so cocky they say things like "I know who I want and I don't take no for an answer." Umm, seriously?!

This story couldn't decide what it wanted to be.
Adara
Dec 31, 2012 Adara rated it it was ok
Writing style didn't appeal to me much. The main character felt all over the place and wishy-washy. What little we see of the ex makes us wonder why Carson ever liked him. What little we see of Carson makes us wonder why Alec, the vet who finds his dog (that the ex took when they split), likes him. I think this is one story which might have benefitted some from flashbacks to help us get to know the MCs better. Without that, it's basically "lust at first sight, but we used to know OF each other i ...more
jules0623
Sep 22, 2012 jules0623 rated it it was ok
Shelves: relationship-m-m
A bit messy. Plot all over the place.
GlamLawyer
Aug 27, 2014 GlamLawyer rated it did not like it
I can't finish that one. It started good and then it was all over the place and I seriously had trouble to see something like a real plot. Also some part were just odd. (view spoiler) ...more
Kendra T
Mar 27, 2013 Kendra T rated it liked it
Shelves: short-story, mm, anthology
Cute story and premise but I felt like there were a ton of holes in the story. I would have liked a few more details. One thing that did bother me was the return of the ex. He left, got married, and then all of a sudden shows up but we don't really know why.
Shelley Chastagner
May 27, 2015 Shelley Chastagner rated it really liked it
Not terribly long but has plenty of substance. I enjoyed Carson's inability to keep his inner monologue, well...in. Alec's bluntness was refreshing. Instead of pages of dancing around one another and misunderstandings, Alec just jumped right to the heart of the matter. This would be a great full length book.
Adult read
CB
May 23, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
A cute free story. The Love Is Write series is very entertaining. This is the 3rd story I've read about the picture and the stories are all so different it makes them even more entertaining.
Katy Beth Mckee
Aug 29, 2015 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Cute pet story of things being lost and found.
Lila Hunter
Sweet and funny.
Heather
Nov 18, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, m-m, ibooks
Cute little story!
Wendy Ann
I can’t help but love a man who loves animals. Alec seemed to be not only a caring veterinarian, but also a caring and loving man with a great sense of humor and heaping ton of patience. Carson seemed a little scatterbrained, but hey, he loved Dragon and that made him a king in my book! I really liked these two together and only wish Carson would have been a little more firm with the ex. Very nice story!
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2012
Cute, short story. I liked the characters. The plot itself was clever. I think the overall execution could have been better. There are some plot holes and I was lost in a couple of spots. The best part is the confrontation with Leon. I still enjoyed the story and think the author has a lot to give:)
melek
Dec 27, 2015 melek rated it really liked it
CarsonS ex left him and took his dog And then he gets an call from the vet that they found his dog. When he gets there. He meet Alec the vet which they used to know each other in school. They fall for each other. It was a swet story like always want more.
Nic
Feb 12, 2013 Nic rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, free, dritc-liaw
Love is Always Write - Volume 1
Loved Alec, the nerdy guy at school who becomes the gorgeous vet. Loved Dragon the dog. Glad that Carson got his man after being hurt by his past lover. Nice short story.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5-4*
Dragon is great! :)
The MC's were cool too, sort of a reunion story, but like with most of these LiAW stories I wanted just a little but more! :)
LutaWolf
May 31, 2012 LutaWolf rated it it was amazing
So sweet it could give me a toothach added with some kick ass characters makes for a hot chocolate watching the rain fall amazing read!
Girlgeorge
Decent enough story with a very happy ending. Nice to see a guy with self esteem issues every once in a while
Victoria
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it liked it
Sweet story. Loved Alec :) Thank you Megan Slayer, for donating your time and talent.
Lexi Ander
May 29, 2012 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
Can't go wrong with a dog named Dragon and his secret nija moves. Good short story.
D
May 26, 2012 D rated it really liked it
Shelves: a-humorous-read
Great Saturday morning-cup of coffee read. Enjoyed it.
Virginia
Cute read. Loved Alec sticking up for Carson.
Peggy
May 28, 2012 Peggy rated it really liked it
Awwwww, what a cute short dog story.
Elena
Elena rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Erica
Erica rated it it was ok
Jan 15, 2016
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
  • In Dreams
  • Telling Jase
  • Safe
  • Close Encounters
When she's not writing the stories in her head, Megan Slayer can be found luxuriating in her hot tub with her two vampire Cabana boys, Luke and Jeremy. She has the tendency to run a tad too far with her muse, so she has to hide in the head of her alter ego, but the boys don't seem to mind.
When she's not obsessing over her whip collection, she can be found picking up her kidlet from school.

She enjo
More about Megan Slayer...

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 147 books)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • Magick's Cucumber
  • For Those Who Wait
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Soulmates
  • With This Ring
  • Predators
  • Roses in the Devil's Garden (Fallen Rose, #1)
  • Time Enough