Start by marking “Deadly Sexy” as Want to Read:
Deadly Sexy

Deadly Sexy

Though her Lexus may be broken down on the California freeway, Jessi Teresa Blake is no damsel in distress. Rich, smart, and beautiful, JT, or "Lady Blake," as she is called, is one of the toughest sports agents around. She's negotiated megabucks contracts for every superstar in the business, and only the most confident of men can match wits with her. Men like Reese Anthon ...more
Published October 30th 2007 by Avon (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Sexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Sexy

new_user
Jan 07, 2009 new_user rated it liked it
Shelves: racially-diverse
Deadly Sexy is another romance suspense title from Beverly Jenkins and takes place at the same time as Dangerous/Sexy. Either can be read first, but it's inevitable one will compare the two books.

First, Deadly Sexy is a little more plausible than Dangerous. A sports agent getting caught up in some bad business is always more believable than a super secret government agent with super dogs, especially the way Jenkins tells it, with the suspense taking a clear second place to the romance.

In fact, I
KBeautiful1
Dec 31, 2013 KBeautiful1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a magnificent ride this book took me on. My very first read by Beverly Jenkins and will not be my last either.

Oh man without giving anything away. But everything that could happen, happened. You never felt lost, the story flowed like a river and it was just brilliant.

JT and Reese are magnificent. Their chemistry was off the charts and did not feel forced. I loved the Anthony Men; Pops, Bryce and Jamal (Those 2 are called Pinky and the Brain LOL!!!)

There was hot romance, murder, intrigue, su
Michele Wesley
Apr 17, 2015 Michele Wesley rated it it was amazing
The Lady Blake is a strong female character that I instantly connected with. The romance was of the hot, grown, and sexy variety with enough drama to keep you turning the pages. This was a Goodread.
Shawnette
Jul 19, 2007 Shawnette rated it it was amazing
Roadside Assistance With A Sexy Twist

WOW...in "Deadly Sexy, Mr. Reese Anthony provides the kind of roadside assistance, that I would be WILLING TO WAIT on ALL day. A man of many talents and a TRUE gentleman to boot. Thoroughly enjoyed the old fashioned courting he was giving Jessi. Ms. JT Blake is an independent woman that knew how to take care of herself, and was definitely handling her business well. Ms. Jenkins put the two of them together on the 5, and from that point on the SPARKS were FLYI
Joy
I just read this from my shelf and didn't know of its description. This is the first book I've read where the main characters are African-American, but I'm no stranger to life as a sports agent.

I enjoyed it since I'm a fan of murder mystery with romantic suspense. I also liked the subject of family since JT's and Reese's respective families are a close-knit bunch.

JT Blake is a kickass agent and her clients are topnotch. She's not exactly a damsel in distress since she knows about car trouble, bu
Tennille Springle
Sep 20, 2016 Tennille Springle rated it really liked it
I love the way Beverly Jenkins weaves characters from her historical fiction novels to her more contemporary ones! Deadly Sexy has interesting action, strong male and female characters and they are fun as well.
Verna Samuel
Jan 12, 2015 Verna Samuel rated it it was amazing
First book for the year. And was pleasantly surprised.
Kenya (BookedUpBoss)
Oct 29, 2015 Kenya (BookedUpBoss) rated it really liked it
My first Beverly Jenkins. It was a fast paced, fun book. I shouldn't have started it so late at night because I read it all at once... Now I'm exhausted.
Karen
Oct 07, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Beverly Jenkins just won't let you down in suspense and romance. I will always be a die heart fan!!
Amaka Azie
Mar 13, 2017 Amaka Azie rated it it was amazing
I loved Reese's character...He had the perfect blend of machismo and sensitivity. And I loved JT's badass attitude and how she dealt with the self entitled athletes she represented! The suspense in the book was just enough not to deter from the romance... I loved this so much I want to give it six stars!!! I'm now a fan....I'll be buried in more Beverly Jenkins' books in the coming weeks...
Pamela Devereux
Sep 05, 2014 Pamela Devereux rated it it was amazing
New author to me. From the very beginning, you are picked up and taken on a ride. Reese falling for JT at first sight. Airplane flights & phone calls just to stay connected to her. I love that he said he wants to court her. Flowers & cherries from Michigan. Dinner & sight seeing.Love that Reese's brothers & father are giving him grief about calling to have cherries delivered at 3 am. Reese is also helping the police look into a murder. He used to work for the police in Detroit. M ...more
Kazen
Jan 29, 2016 Kazen rated it liked it
I don't read much romantic suspense but I'm up for anything by Jenkins, and I'm glad I gave it a try. The bad guy is obvious from the beginning so the suspense is more about seeing what lengths he'll go to.

The heroine JT is strong and knows herself thoroughly. I love that she doesn't feel incomplete without a man, to the point that she's worried falling in love will compromise the life she's made for herself. Likewise, Reese is happy with how things are going and will only get remarried if he fi
Joyce Hudson
Jan 13, 2016 Joyce Hudson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: beverly-jenkins
Haven't read a Beverly Jenkin's book that I have not enjoyed immensely. Had this book in my collection since 2007 and I finally got a chance to read it and it was great.
Loved the mystery, techie geeks, the love that Reese had for JT (Jessi) from the very beginning of the meeting on the 5 with the sharing is his cherries, purchasing and having them delivered to her the next day along with flowers, let the courtship began.
Enjoyed knowing that Jessi Rose Clayton and Griffin Blake are the distant re
Jessi
JT Blake, also known as "Lady Blake," is one of the top sports agents in the business. So it's no surprise that one of her competitors has messed with her car. What is a surprise is the fine looking man who picks her up. It comes as a shock that Reese Anthony isn't regularly a semi-truck driver. Instead he's a former-cop-turned-lawyer-working-for-the-football-commissioner/working for his family's multi-billion dollar industry (is that romance hero bait or what?).
Reese is working on the death of
Cherry-Ann
Dec 26, 2012 Cherry-Ann rated it liked it
Marcia Braxton-Wilds
I've read (I think all) of Beverly Jenkins' books and have never ever been disappointed.

Her plots are clear, characters are realistic and so interesting and clever. When I finish one of her books, I begin searching for the next one. Are the love scenes hot? You bet. Do they cause you to hold your breathe? Yes. Do you wonder if they will become boring? No indeed. And would you like to experience the kind of love she writes about? Yes, you would. And if you already have it or have had it, what cou
Chris
May 31, 2013 Chris rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
JT is a sports agent and one tough lady.
Reese is an ex-cop, lawyer, and owner of a trucking company.
They meet and the sparks fly.

This is the first book I have read with black characters. If the author had not been black, I would have questioned some stuff written as being racist. For example, the characters often refer to each other and themselves as "brother" or "sister".
"What's a brother got to do..."
"You are one fine sister..."

To me, a white person, that seemed very stereotypical. I did not t
Deena
Nov 02, 2012 Deena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved, loved, loved the book and really loved that the book had a soundtrack - featuring Frankie Beverly and Maze! Pure perfection!

As other reviewers have said, this book was definitely grown and sexy. Reese was such a romantic and JT, like her sister Max, was a badass chick! Love those Blake girls! This book had it all - romance, suspense, intrigue - it was a real page-turner. Great cast of characters, too; some appalled, some shocked and some were just a trip. I had to force myself not to devo
Veronica (Roni)
Mar 10, 2011 Veronica (Roni) rated it it was amazing
This was definitely a great read. Danger, suspense and a powerful romance. Jessi is a powerfully written character that I would love to see again. Reese is the lover, friend and protector of many womens dreams. Their blossoming romance takes place right in the midst of a hater's (Garrett) plan to make it to the top. Unfortunately, Jessi is where he wants to be and he'll stop at nothing to take what she's worked so hard for and with help from a love seeking, misguided lover, he almost succeeds. B ...more
Latesha
Jessi Teresa Blake aka Lady Blake, JT a great sports agent whose just as tough as one of the guys, Well Mr Bobby Garrett did not like or understand why all the FootBall players choose her as representation, Everyone should come to him because be is the man!!

JT finally meets her match when she hitch a ride with Reese the Truck driver after her car was sabatoge, Reese also a former lawyer and cop is sent to investigate a murder in JT neck of the woods.

Someone is out to hurt JT and Reese wants to
Angie
Yuk
Nisi
Aug 12, 2013 Nisi rated it it was amazing
This is an all time favorite for me. I've read it several times and it never gets boring. Great lasting characters. I have yet to find a book by this author that I do not like.
Brenda Hillmon
Oct 23, 2014 Brenda Hillmon rated it really liked it
max sister. love it.
Jackie Scott
Sep 07, 2011 Jackie Scott rated it really liked it
I'm truly enjoying the romantic suspense genre. This title fit the bill perfectly. Good job Ms. Beverly.
Alicia
Feb 24, 2010 Alicia rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is a great read. I couldn't put it down. Thoroughly enjoyed the characters and the story.
Debbie
Just note what I expected, not a good read for me.
Chicki Brown
Aug 21, 2010 Chicki Brown rated it it was amazing
A fabulous, sexy, emotional romance! One of Ms. Jenkins best!
Erin Books
Apr 26, 2015 Erin Books rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. Smart, well-written, but kind of slow-moving for the first half.
Bebe20018
Aug 02, 2014 Bebe20018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good.
Carla wynn
Jun 02, 2014 Carla wynn rated it really liked it
Ma, Jenkins has done it again! I couldn't put this down until I was done.
  • Until There Was You (Graysons of New Mexico, #1)
  • No Compromise
  • She's My Baby
  • One Special Moment
  • Touch of Heaven (St. James Sisters #1; Mayne Attraction #1)
199260
Beverly Jenkins is an African-American historical romance writer. She and her family live in southeastern Michigan. Born in Detroit, she graduated from Cass Technical High School and attended Michigan State University where she majored in Journalism and English Literature.
Ms. Jenkins has written sixteen books to date and has received numerous awards for her works, including: the Detroit Free Pres
More about Beverly Jenkins...