Start by marking “The Frog Prince (We Both Read - Level 1-2)” as Want to Read:
The Frog Prince (We Both Read - Level 1-2)

The Frog Prince (We Both Read - Level 1-2)

3.99  ·  Rating Details ·  2,106 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
This delightful adaptation shows the meaning of true friendship and the importance of keeping promises.
Published September 1st 2001 by Treasure Bay (first published 1812)

To ask other readers questions about The Frog Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Frog Prince

Wuthering Heights by Emily BrontëThe Age of Innocence by Edith WhartonJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëEmma by Jane AustenPride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Devil in a Blue Dress
85th out of 165 books — 36 voters
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollLittle Women by Louisa May AlcottThe Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix PotterThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank BaumA Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Best Victorian Children's Books
45th out of 60 books — 33 voters

More lists with this book...

John Yelverton
Mar 06, 2012 John Yelverton rated it liked it
A silly story that is more for little girls than little boys.
Anthony Mitchell
This story was a classic tale of the ugly frog who turns into a handsome prince. This time instead of a kiss from a pretty girl,it was acts of kindness for three straight days that lifted the evil curse from the frog and changed him back into a prince.
My Response to this story was very lukewarm and thus my 3 star rating. This story was very predictable and less dark than some of the other Grimm fairy tales.
"Open the door my princess dear,Open the door to thy true love here! And mind the words
Zach
Dec 06, 2015 Zach rated it liked it
Shelves: traditional-lit
Even though the book "The Frog Prince" by Sindy McKay isn't my cup of tea, I actually thought the story was really interesting. I had the opportunity to read this one of the kids I used to babysit. The story has a very nice and calm plot and is very relatable to young readers. The ending of the story really made my friend happy when the frog turned into a prince. Then following that event the princess and him lived happily after. This book is defiantly a good read for younger readers.
Natalie
Jun 27, 2014 Natalie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, kid-books
This was great. My page had maybe 3 paragraphs and the kid page had roughly 4 lines. When the kid page had a harder word, like princess, it was only after I'd used it so it was fresh in his mind.

I just put 4 more of these on hold at the library. They come in different levels but this level works well for where we are :-)
Allison
This is a traditional fairy tale about a young prince, vanity and finding the true beauty in people. This story takes place long ago and it brings the reader to a place of magic and wonder. This would be a good story to incorporate in younger grades, but the moral can transend through all grades.
☪♥Magic Love Wonderland☯♥Love☮
"The Frog Price" is one of the most known and popular tales by the Brother Grimm's.

This tale follows a young pricess who was playing with her favourite plaything, a golden ball, when it fell into a fountain.
But when she looked into the fountain, it was so deep that she couldn't see the bottom of it.

While crying for her loss, a frog came out of the water's fountain and asked her why she weeps so bitterly..
When she replied, he said to her that he will give it back to her for a promise to stay at
Ashley Correll
Feb 07, 2010 Ashley Correll rated it really liked it
This story is about a princess who drops her golden ball down a well. A frog offers to get it for her if she in return will let him be her bestfriend and do EVERYTHING she does. She agress and the frog gets the golden ball. The princess runs to her castle leaving him behing. The frog soon after shows up at the castle wanting in. The Princess doesn't want to, but her dad (the king) says you must keep a promise. Disguested, the Princess lets him in and the frog starts to do everything she does. In ...more
Brianna
This is not the exact book that I read, but I couldn't find it listed. The thing I would like to focus most on is the main character of the princess and her portrayal. I found it interesting that this book seemed to deviate from the normal theme of what a typical fairy tale princess should be. Most other princesses are supremely beautiful, as is this one, but they are also incredibly kind. This is something that this princess is not at all. She does exhibit the normal damsel in distress way abou ...more
Vanessa West
Nov 22, 2013 Vanessa West rated it liked it
The Frog Prince by Jacob Grimm and Sindy McKay is a spin-off of the Princess and the Frog. This folklore story is intended for the young reader and is different than the classical one which was illustrated very well. Instead of the frog having to be kissed he has to have the princess be nice to him so he can turn back into a prince. The theme of the book are keeping promises which the princess doesn’t do a good job at first, the evil magic that turned him into the frog, and happily ever after. O ...more
Erica Roberson
Feb 07, 2012 Erica Roberson rated it liked it
This book was similar to the frog prince story I had heard growing up. It fits all of the stereotypical fairy tale qualifications. The love is between the prince and princess. The Villainis the wicked witch. The magic/ surrealism is included when the prince was enchanted by a witch. The frog changed from frog to human. The lesson or moral is you must always keep your promises.
And, of course, the happy ending is they got married and lived happily ever after.
Navita
Dec 29, 2011 Navita rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Katsumi
Jul 17, 2012 Katsumi rated it liked it
Shelves: bedtime
This particular version of this Grimm tale is out of print and a bit difficult to find but it is well worth the search as the illustrations are great. The tale of the Frog Prince sticks to the original quite well, which is refreshing, but the illustrations truely make this book. If you can find it, this is one that you might well want to add to your collection.
Kera Price
Apr 08, 2013 Kera Price rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
i used to love this story when i was a child but now I'm a adult i can not understand something? when the frog changed into a prince he got married to the princess but when he was a frog she treated him bad but they got married(O_O). was reading this to my son :].... book was The Complete illustrated stories of the brothers grimm (edition published 1984)
Neil Nicholson
This book can be used to talk about fairy tales which usually include some type of talking animal. In this version of the story, the prince does not want a kiss. He just wants to eat from the princesss plate and sleep on her pillow. The story ends with a happily ever after. I would recommend this book for kindergartners and 1st graders.
Hannah
Jan 25, 2012 Hannah rated it really liked it
I liked it because it's a classic. I have heard it many times before. The illustrations were very nice. I really like the approach it takes in teaching children to not take people at face value. Rather, it is important to get to know a person based on their qualities and not solely their appearance.
Tiny Mendoza
May 08, 2013 Tiny Mendoza rated it really liked it
When I was a kid, we have a boxed set of fairy tales and one of them was The Frog Prince. I used to hate reading this! The illustrations of the frog used to gross me out and I would lose my interest easily and grab another book to read. Harhar. I never read the full story until now!
Walida
Nov 14, 2013 Walida rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this retelling of the Princess and the Frog in this story. The illustrations were nice. I liked the moral of the book it shows the meaning of true friendship and the importance of keeping promises. I would recommend this for K- 3rd grade.
Maneden
Jul 19, 2011 Maneden rated it liked it
It was refreshing to read this take on the princess & the frog. I am assuming it is the original. Either way, the ending was very interesting.
Kari
Sep 28, 2011 Kari rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1st-reader
While I don't think the illustrations or writing is anything great, I do like this concept of an adult reading page and a child reading page.
Mckinley
Aug 09, 2011 Mckinley rated it really liked it
Told from the frog's point of view, it's a bit of a different story. Well done. Twists and turns.
Manogna
Feb 23, 2013 Manogna rated it liked it
This book was okay but not awesome.I don't think I loved it.Should be improved.
Aug 18, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, magic
I have heard this tale so many times but I wanted to finally read the original
Laura Sims
Dec 04, 2012 Laura Sims rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book would like to see more.
Theresa
Aug 01, 2012 Theresa rated it liked it
a twist on the old story
Linda
Aug 23, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
interestingly deceptive.
Prashansa
Apr 30, 2011 Prashansa rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-corner
Fine!
SNIGDHA KHANNA
SNIGDHA KHANNA rated it it was amazing
Ina
Ina rated it it was amazing
Rose Talladen
Rose Talladen rated it really liked it
Meirah Johnson
Meirah Johnson rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2016