Start by marking “No Fault of His Own” as Want to Read:
No Fault of His Own

No Fault of His Own (Love is Always Write)

Dear Author,
He says he can't believe that I would fall in love with someone like him but I'm the one who is in awe everyday that he loves me. I know we both have our faults but together we are perfect. The only thing that would make us better is if he says "Yes" when I ask him to marry me.

Photo Description: Two guys lying in bed together. The bed has striped sheets, mostly
Published May 24th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about No Fault of His Own, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Fault of His Own

Yvonne
May 29, 2012 Yvonne rated it liked it
It's a little tricky to write a story with an established couple & it's as short as this one. You don't really get the back story to get to know them. I was a little worried with the start (view spoiler) but it settled into a nice story after. It felt very hetero norm as in one character seemed to be playing the stereotypical wife & the other the breadwinner/ ...more
Shelby
Super sweet story about realizing how much someone means to you. Jesse and Ryan are an adorable couple and definitely in love. This is just a slice out of their life as they face a new challenge together and take the next step in their lives.

While the direction this story was going to go was pretty clear from the beginning I really enjoyed how it was handled in the short. The setup to Ryan's collapse was kept short and to the pertinent information and let this meat of the story be about Jesse's
MLE
Jan 10, 2013 MLE rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
Didn't feel like much of a love story to me especially the way Jesse treats Ryan in the beginning. It felt borderline abusive to me. I found Ryan to be a little too complacent, and too understanding of Jesse's temper. It felt very much like a traditional m/f romance in the very stereotypical sense of the word, and Ryan was every bit the "little woman." Not to my taste.
Wendy Ann
May 29, 2012 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
Oh my gosh, this story was just so sweet! I could totally feel the connection between Jesse and Ryan, and the angry part only came about because of the deep love and concern they shared for one another. The story took an unexpected turn and I really appreciated that the author dealt with a sensitive health issue – a dose of reality wrapped up in a huge helping of wonderful! Loved this one!!
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Cute story. I just never felt like I got a sense for who the characters were. Also I hate sex in the start of a story. I see it at least had a purpose here for the story later, a minor one but still better than no purpose for the story IMO.
Jenny Wood
Sep 21, 2016 Jenny Wood rated it liked it
Kind of cheesey dialogue, but a very sweet short story.
Lorenz S
Mar 19, 2015 Lorenz S rated it liked it
There are stories that are written in the simplest of words yet the emotions run so high you cannot help getting overwhelmingly affected. In the case of Sara York's No Fault of His Own, we get both the simplicity of diction and the emotions of the two main characters; however, the affectation fails to cut deep into the core. Ms. York manages to grasp an accurate interpretation of two human beings' innerworks in a relationship as such where a reader could say "Yeah, that's probably how I'd react ...more
Miriki
I like the premise a lot, just couldn't get into the writing. There was just too much tell and not much show IMO. And it was over the top at the end, I don't think anyone actually cry over (view spoiler), yes it's a dangerous illness but not as deadly as (view spoiler), people just have to learn to live with it.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Aug 11, 2014 Jo * Smut-Dickted * rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, liaw-mm-group
This was a cute little story. I thought it was a great glimpse into the way normal ordinary folks live..particularly when one is unsure of the relationship. Not that I'm not ordinary..but this was low angst and I'd def. read more by this author.
Katy Beth Mckee
Ryan feels like he hasn't been doing his part and is unsure of Jesse. Jesse seems to be kind of harsh and doesn't seem to have a clue how to express his feelings. But a medical crisis give them the chance to express their true feelings and head toward a commitment both really want.
melek
Ryan has been very tired alway sleepy. Jesse is been working hard jesse has abit of an temper but not in that way. Things get clearer why ryan been the way he is and why jesse been working hard ,and leads to an proposal.
Sara
That was cute and sweet. I liked Jesse and Ryan. My first reading from the author and I am sure I will try more in the future.
Sadonna
Aug 07, 2012 Sadonna rated it liked it
Sweet and romantic story that features a crisis. Interesting characters that I'd like to read more about.
GlamLawyer
Oct 16, 2014 GlamLawyer rated it did not like it
I really can't get into stories where gay men are written like whiny teenage girls. Also the first sexual encounter in that story just gave me a bad feeling.
Arthur
May 25, 2012 Arthur rated it it was amazing

Quite sweet, and the financial issue feels realistic to me. Just too many I love you, I think.
Jade
Jade rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Marcy
Marcy rated it it was ok
Oct 31, 2015
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2013
Jaime
Jaime rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Courtney Brockberg
Courtney Brockberg rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2013
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Seiran
Seiran rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2012
Kiki
Kiki rated it it was ok
May 29, 2012
Neko
Neko rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2012
Breann
Breann rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2015
Sharita Lira
Sharita Lira rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2013
  • Hi, Honey
  • With This Ring
  • An Ocean Apart
  • Hard Ride
  • His True Nature (The Forestry Series, #1)
  • Sin
  • Bed of My Chevy
  • Underwater Secrets

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 147 books)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • Magick's Cucumber
  • For Those Who Wait
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Soulmates
  • With This Ring
  • Predators
  • Roses in the Devil's Garden (Fallen Rose, #1)
  • Time Enough