Start by marking “The Darkest Midnight in December” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Midnight in December

The Darkest Midnight in December (Soldiers of the Sun #1)

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  16 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
The year is 1930, and something is hunting infants and young couples in Economy Village, PA. When a local priest begins to suspect a demon may be the culprit, the sheriff calls in a team of Soldiers from the Sun. Caleb, Agni, Temple, and Li specialize in demon hunting, but they can't rule out an old religious sect as the true culprit. Prejudice, distraught parents, and ang ...more
Published May 30th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Midnight in December, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest Midnight in December

Kathy
Feb 07, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Jana has a fine voice, and writes a fairly hot sex scene. I would be very interested in a more detailed, deeper look into the universe she's created here, an Earth that's not exactly our own (likely set in the 30's, around the Depression, but it's not OUR Earth, since demon hunters are well-known and accepted... as are the demons themselves!).

Nicely done.
JJ
Jan 04, 2016 JJ rated it liked it
This book was provided free in exchange for a fair and honest review for Love Bytes. Go there to check out other reviews, author interviews, and all those awesome giveaways. Click below.
 photo 11014879_970988406253334_3984928259579074216_n_zpsm8c6semk.jpg

Caleb and Agni are demon investigators who are also lovers. The book starts at the beginning of a case involving missing babies. When Caleb and Agni question the families and the neighbors where the incident took place, they start to find clues to a possible suspect. The demon who is the most likely culprit appe
Kira
Sep 10, 2015 Kira rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Denardo's "The Darkest Midnight in December." The setting, a 1930s era alternate universe where demons are real and demon hunters go out and hunt them down to keep the populace safe, is fun! The characters are very likable, I think Temple is my fave, and they all come from a variety of different backgrounds, which is nice. Since this is a M/M story, naturally the guys are lovers.

All in all, a fun, tasty read! I found once I had picked it up, I couldn't put it down! So i
Brandilyn
Jan 09, 2016 Brandilyn rated it liked it
Reviewed for Prism Book Alliance

I am at a bit of a loss as to what to say about this series. Honestly, if I hadn't needed to read book three, I don't think I would have progressed past book one. I certainly wouldn't have progressed past book two.

For full review see Prism Book Alliance http://www.prismbookalliance.com/?pos...

Susan
May 31, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2013
This was fairly short but I enjoyed it a lot. It's an historical, paranormal story about 4 demon hunters who end up in a small town just before Christmas. It read a little bit like an introductory story so I'm hopeful that there may be more to come about these 4 men.
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Judy Stone
Judy Stone marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Eloreen Moon
Eloreen Moon marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Estefany
Estefany marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Zane Kage
Zane Kage rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Kestrel
Kestrel rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Driima
Driima added it
May 30, 2015
Wara
Wara added it
Feb 15, 2015
M'rella
M'rella marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Kim W
Kim W rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2014
Mary
Mary rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Val
Val rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2013
Breedcentosette
Breedcentosette marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2013
~RMG
~RMG marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2012
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Dreamspinner Press: The Darkest Midnight in December by Jana Denardo 1 8 May 30, 2012 05:58AM
Jana Denardo's career choices and wanderlust take her all over the United States and beyond. Much of her travels make their way into her stories. Fantasy, science fiction, and mystery have been her favorite genres since she started reading, and they often flavor her works. In her secret identity, she works with the science of life and gives college students nightmares. When she’s not chained to he ...more
More about Jana Denardo...

Soldiers of the Sun (3 books)
  • Snowbound