Start by marking “The Darkest Midnight in December” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Midnight in December

The Darkest Midnight in December (Soldiers of the Sun #1)

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The year is 1930, and something is hunting infants and young couples in Economy Village, PA. When a local priest begins to suspect a demon may be the culprit, the sheriff calls in a team of Soldiers from the Sun. Caleb, Agni, Temple, and Li specialize in demon hunting, but they can't rule out an old religious sect as the true culprit. Prejudice, distraught parents, and ang ...more
Published May 30th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published May 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Midnight in December, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest Midnight in December

Jana has a fine voice, and writes a fairly hot sex scene. I would be very interested in a more detailed, deeper look into the universe she's created here, an Earth that's not exactly our own (likely set in the 30's, around the Depression, but it's not OUR Earth, since demon hunters are well-known and accepted... as are the demons themselves!).

Nicely done.
Caleb and Agni are demon investigators who are also lovers. The book starts at the beginning of a case involving missing babies. When Caleb and Agni question the families and the neighbors where the incident took place, they start to find clues to a possible suspect. The demon who is the most likely culprit appears to have a connection to a religious group that hates fornicators. While they pursue the case, Caleb and Agni never waste an opportunity to be together.

Though I liked the mystery aspec
I thoroughly enjoyed Ms. Denardo's "The Darkest Midnight in December." The setting, a 1930s era alternate universe where demons are real and demon hunters go out and hunt them down to keep the populace safe, is fun! The characters are very likable, I think Temple is my fave, and they all come from a variety of different backgrounds, which is nice. Since this is a M/M story, naturally the guys are lovers.

All in all, a fun, tasty read! I found once I had picked it up, I couldn't put it down! So i
This was fairly short but I enjoyed it a lot. It's an historical, paranormal story about 4 demon hunters who end up in a small town just before Christmas. It read a little bit like an introductory story so I'm hopeful that there may be more to come about these 4 men.
Bailey marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Judy Stone
Judy Stone marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Eloreen Moon
Eloreen Moon marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Estefany marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Driima added it
May 30, 2015
Wara added it
Feb 15, 2015
M'rella marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Karen Berzins
Karen Berzins marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Alicia marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Breedcentosette marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
-RMG marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2012
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Dreamspinner Press: The Darkest Midnight in December by Jana Denardo 1 8 May 30, 2012 05:58AM
Jana Denardo's career choices and wanderlust take her all over the United States and beyond. Much of her travels make their way into her stories. Fantasy, science fiction, and mystery have been her favorite genres since she started reading, and they often flavor her works. In her secret identity, she works with the science of life and gives college students nightmares. When she’s not chained to he ...more
More about Jana Denardo...

Soldiers of the Sun (3 books)
  • Snowbound