Start by marking “And Then He Said I'm Beautiful” as Want to Read:
And Then He Said I'm Beautiful

And Then He Said I'm Beautiful (Love is Always Write)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  257 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Dear Author,
He finally had Jared right where he wanted him - tied up with no help in sight. They had been together for months now and he was tired of Jared always being the top. Turnabout is fair play after all...

Photo Description: He finally had Jared right where he wanted him - tied up with no help in sight. They had been together for months now and he was tired of Jared
Published May 18th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about And Then He Said I'm Beautiful, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about And Then He Said I'm Beautiful

Jenn
Kind of speechless. Yes, it has some typos and editing issues but it also has one of the most painful, honest and real fights and discussions between two people I've ever read. Like I'm all ooo this hot & odd & ice cream to holy fuck my eyes are burning why are you making me CRY?!? I've had that EXACT conversation. It was just...gahhhh...sniff. But then it gave me warm fuzzies and snuggles and wet & messy blowjobs and I'm all grinning like a fucking ass. Loved.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
The tags on the story had me reluctant to read it, but I'm so glad I did!
Really emotionally intense for a short story.
I was sure Jared was an asshat, and he might still be, but he made me think he was good for Casey by the end of the story.
Nina
I JUST LOST MY ENTIRE FUCKING REVIEW.
IT WAS ONE OF THE FUCKING LONGEST I'VE EVER WRITTEN.
IT WAS EVEN GOOD, I SWEAR.

OH, GOD, PLEASE, END MY MISERY.

---

-five minutes later-
What happened? I'm stupid happened.
I opened an epub file on Mozilla while I was writing my review on the GR review page. Mozilla makes you go back to the previous page when you open an epub file, but I didn't think about it because, as I said, I must be mentally challenged or something. And I know it sounds like I'm just usin
Heather C
4.5 Stars

I was really worried about reading this freebie ALL because of the "non-exclusive" tag, but things weren't really as they seemed. I really hated Jared in the beginning...but I also really didn't care for Casey either. Jared was an asshole and Casey was whiny and complaining. But somehow the author was able to get me to love them both in the end. Jared was able to redeem himself and Casey finally stood up for himself.

I thought this story was well written and believable; some guys are ju
Vio
The smouldering passion between Jared and Casey is a sexy feast and they certainly know how to turn up the heat. Oh yes, I was delighted with Casey, who turned the tables on Jared and gave him a bit of his own medicine, too bad he didn't stick with the plan and make it more torturous for Jared who deserved so much more for his oblivious, asshole attitude. It all works out fabulously and I loved the relaxed, comfortable feel they had for each other its a great start to a new and better relationsh ...more
Simsala
3,5 stars

One man with the emotional intelligence of an ameba.
The other starving for affection.
Big hug for both if they can make it work...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions

I liked this a lot. I really did, surprisingly. The writing was real good even though there were some typos but it's free! And when he grabbed the vanilla ice-ream I thought it was some kind of sexual toy but turned out to be just ice-cream! Still I should look up and see if there are flavored frozen sex toys called ice-ream, if there isn't the author should copyright the title ASAP because it's funny.

I was able to forgive Jared's assholism because he was more of just the obvious inconsiderate a
MiʂħүJѻ
Break up scenes always get to me and this one was no different. I cried. In two different places. There was so much hurt and pent up frustration in such a short story. And the sex was pretty hot too. Although there wasn't a lot of character development, there was enough for the story to carry the emotional punch the author intended. And after all that drama? A happy ending. Awww. 3.5 stars.
Gigi
I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb to say that this story has one of the best M/M romance fight (verbal, not physical) scenes I have ever read. Ugly, heart wrenching, romantic, arousing, devastating and incredibly sad. I fucking loved it!
Emma Sea
Dec 29, 2013 Emma Sea rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Emma Sea by: Aimee, Trix
Adorbs! Hot sex! Ice cream!

I would have liked a bit more groveling. I think I am more vengeful than I care to admit.
Akansha
3.5

For a short story, this one packs quite a punch. Don't get put off by the blurb, it's very misleading. Fully realized and distinct characters, and a super charged/emotional intensity definitely make it worth a read. The characters don't really change nor did I expect them to, Jared still remains an asshole and Casey might be a pushover too but by the end of the story they manage to communicate what they both want out of the relationship and work something out that's best for them. Also, it'
Elspeth
My friend said that Jared needed to go play in traffic.

I raise that, and say both of the main characters need to go swimming, in January Atlantic waters, fully clothed, with rocks in their pockets!
MLE
Dec 29, 2012 MLE rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
No offense is intended to the author by the following.

Dear Jared,

Please go play in traffic.

Sincerely,
me
Sara
Goodness! This was amazing. Yeah, I say that a lot when it comes to what I read but I am very picky about what I spend my time on and this was more than worth it.

Casey, you poor thing! I was worried for you form the moment Jared said to untie him. What the hell was going to happen and what the hell was going on between the two of you? You were, let's face it, pretty hot with the whole "I'm talking and you are going to listen even if it's because I tied your ass to a chair," business. I just wan
Virginia
M/M free novella that has incredibly strong emotional intensity. Casey has fallen for Jarrod and wants their relationship to become more serious. He doesn't think Jarrod wants that and Jared hasn't been exactly helping his chances. Lots of misunderstandings when you're at that early stage of a relationship and scared to express your feelings. A big fight ensues and the author did an amazing job with the intensity level and showing the feelings of both guys. Very raw.

I was worried at first I woul
Edina Rose
This is a case of "maladie d'amour" or being "sick with love" for someone. It's not healthy. The only remedy is to act crazy, because your normal, non-crazy self is just too lovesick. This is what Casey did, and it worked.

Cute story, though Casey appears a bit too wimpy.

Trix
Dec 24, 2012 Trix rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Trix by: akansha
Great short story. Gladly giving this 4.5 stars.

The blurb really doesn't do it justice. There are intense emotions being delivered between the characters and a wonderful way to present the background of their story as well as what led to their argument.

(view spoiler)
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume One.

I gave this 2 stars instead of 1 because it was well written. I gave this only two stars because I don't think I could hate any two people more. Jared was an ass. What he said at the end totally contradicted his previous behavior. "I didn't realize I had to not sleep around, and actually go out with you more than just for sex, and introduce you to my friends for you to know I care about you..." Umm... how the hell else
Wendy Ann
This story redeemed itself for me near the end. Jared is one of those characters you really love to hate. He seemed completely full of himself and couldn’t seem to be bothered with paying attention to anyone else, least of all the person he should have treasured most – Casey. The character development was very good and the storyline was interesting, I guess I just like my men to be a bit more devoted to each other equally. Different and probably very true to some real life relationships – nice j ...more
Ann
Jan 04, 2014 Ann rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: shorts
Man, this was good. I couldn't stop reading once I started and I didn't even like the MC's all that much. It's one of those though where the characters are so perfect for each other, in all their f'ed up glory, that you have to see how it ends.
Nic
Dec 30, 2012 Nic rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: liaw, free, mm
Part of Love is Always Write - Volume 1
Good for a quick read freebie however I didn't really warm to the characters, particularly Jared who was selfish and relatively unapologetic for his behavior.
Tammy
I really enjoyed this story. Casey and Jared have been seeing each other for months. Jared treats Casey like a casual fuck and Casey wants more. After Jared forgets plans they have made(again) and goes out with someone else (again), Casey finally breaks. He ties Jared up to force him to listen. I loved Casey - my heart broke for him. The author did a good job of fleshing out the characters in a short amount of time. My only complaint (and its actually a compliment) is that I wanted more. I would ...more
Adriana
Awwwwwwwwww, this is sweet (in a BDSM kind of way??)!!
Jared is a persuasive jerk but he is hot and I don't care... he can sweet-talk me any day, Casey is cute and a little clueless (view spoiler), the sex is hot :D, and the story is free.
My only problem (view spoiler)
LauraZu
Jan 13, 2014 LauraZu rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
3.8 STARS

Have to say this was a really captivating story. For being a shortie I think all elements were put on the table. There were no confusions or information overload and neither did I feel like I have too little information.
The fight scenes was one of the best I've read, Casey's pain and hurt reflected on words, Jared's understanding at the end. I thought it was extremely well executed and heartbreakingly perfect.
Also, the smokin' hot near violent scenes.. *swoons* there's something about
Kendra
I really liked this story. After so long together with no strings attached, the darn string got knotted and the unattachment wasn't enough anymore. Lack of communication brought us to great scenes of working through issues and seeing each other for who they are, as individuals and as a couple.
Sandra
I didn't/couldn't connect with either character. Jared is a total a$$ and Casey is not much better. Not for me, this one.
Dan
Kinky hot thanks Nallus!
Stephanie
This is somewhat of a contradictory review as I really enjoyed reading this story. And I liked several aspects of it. But the excuses given by Jared for *forgetting* his dates with Casey were unrealistic and I just couldn't accept them which made me not like him at all, even at the end. (view spoiler) ...more
  • In Over His Head
  • Just Be
  • Stuck on You
  • Beyond Duty (Beyond Duty, #0.5)
  • Lead Us Not
  • Goodbye Phillip
  • Close Encounters
  • In Dreams
  • Dirty Play

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 147 books)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • Magick's Cucumber
  • For Those Who Wait
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Soulmates
  • With This Ring
  • Predators
  • Roses in the Devil's Garden (Fallen Rose, #1)
  • Time Enough