Start by marking “Texas Wild (The Westmorelands, #23)” as Want to Read:
Texas Wild (The Westmorelands, #23)

Texas Wild (The Westmorelands #23)

Megan Westmoreland needs answers about her family's past. And Rico Claiborne is the man to find them. But when the truth comes out, Rico offers her a shoulder to lean on…and much, much more. Megan has heard that passions burn hotter in Texas. Now she's ready to find out….
Published October 2nd 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Texas Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texas Wild

Diana
Dec 02, 2012 Diana rated it liked it
Another wonderful edition to an ever growing group of determined men, intelligent women and the mates who love them.

Rico and Megan were a good fit for each other. The addition of a family mystery keeps this series exciting and moving forward. I do wish there had been a little more romantic scenes between them, showing their bond forming.

And I was disappointed they have taken the couples off the covers. It was a nice change to see an African-American couple on predominately Caucasian genre.
Arlena

Author: Brenda Jackson
Published By: Harlequin
Age Recommended: Adult
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5

Review:

"Texas Wild" by Brenda Jackson another one of her romantic mystery Westmoreland's novel...another Texas, Colorado, Georgia and Montana Westmoreland Clan Saga...the continuation series...

This wonderful romance was of:

Megan Westmoreland (heroine)...known as 'Iceberg Queen' (Megan)?...
She was a anesthesiologist who had hired Mr. Claiborne to trace her family roots...getting information about
Susan
Sep 18, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book. Megan has taken over part of the family's search for information about one of their ancestors. Rico is a private investigator she hired to help her. He is also a family member by marriage and incredibly attractive. When she first meets him at a family wedding she is immediately attracted to him. When she invites herself along on one of his investigation's trips, he lets her know that he's attracted to her also and plans to act on it. During their trip some interesting things about her ...more
Lynetta
Family Ties

Highlighting Westmoreland men makes for better story telling. In Texas Wild Megan Westmoreland finds her happy ever after with Rico Claiborne. Rico's sisters (Jessica and Savannah ) are married to Westmoreland men. This is definitely keeping it in the family.
LaTonya
Feb 08, 2013 LaTonya rated it it was ok
This was an okay read from Brenda Jackson. The story felt really rushed to me and I'm over most the women being virgins. I wish she would change up her storylines a little and let some of the women be in control (like in Seduction, Westmoreland Style) and be more experienced. This book was just okay for me as I was expecting more since I hadn't read anything from her in a while. This book was also a very quick read that I could've finished in one day if I hadn't been busy. What I did really like ...more
Tammy Benton
Jul 30, 2016 Tammy Benton rated it it was amazing
This novel Texas Wild by Brenda Jackson. Omg she has did it again this book is about Rico Claiborne and Megan Westmoreland story she hired Rico to find out about her great grandfather Raphael Westmoreland to see if she had anymore relative out their in Texas. This book had Passion, desire.,Love making scenes to scorched you into flames. Megan was extremely attractive to Rico it was electric you could feel it. They meet at Micah and Kalina wedding three month before he couldn't stop thinking abou ...more
Angelia
Dec 29, 2012 Angelia rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own, pbs-grab
It's been a while since I have read and enjoyed a Westmoreland story.....I can truly say that this was a really good read......haven't really loved any of the Denver Westmoreland's book since the first two.....but Megan and Rico's story was a nice little read.....some things could have been done differently but as we have come to learn with Ms. Brenda in the Westmoreland's there are not many unexpected surprises......
Denise Palma
Sep 08, 2015 Denise Palma rated it it was amazing
Whew!! Another book to add to my favorites and Rico is definitely on that list! I am determined to read all the Westmoreland series so I can get ready for Bailey and Bane stories. Keep them coming Brenda! :)
Debbie
Oct 24, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
Read on Kindle. But posted it as a paperback since I couldn't find a Kindle version to post. I really love this series. I wasn't too sure I was going to like this one at first but it picked up pretty quick.
Kimberly
Oct 29, 2012 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2k12-4th-quarter
Rico and Magen's story was hot and steamy.
Margaret
Mar 12, 2014 Margaret rated it liked it
A brand-new Westmoreland family novel from New York Times bestselling author Brenda Jackson

Megan Westmoreland needs answers about her family's past. And Rico Claiborne is the man to find them. But when the truth comes out, Rico offers her a shoulder to lean on...and much, much more. Megan has heard that passions burn hotter in Texas. Now she's ready to find out....
Ladysatel
Jan 26, 2016 Ladysatel rated it liked it
Shelves: brenda-jackson
Another chapter in the life of the Westmoreland family. Megan Westmoreland asks Rico Clairborne to find out more about her great-grandfather Raphael.

From this simple request comes two outcomes. Megan falls hard for Rico and they learn some startling facts about Raphael from a person who knew him.

A good read from the author Branda Jackson.
Tamara Dixon
Aug 04, 2014 Tamara Dixon rated it it was amazing
I Love the Westmoreland Series, and enjoy this book greatly. A couple fine love uncovering a family secret. Not only do you get you a love story, but more clues into the family big secret. Like all Brenda Jackson’s Westmoreland Stories it is love at first sight, and passion that drips off the pages. Another great read for your enjoyment!!
Angela
Jul 30, 2014 Angela rated it it was amazing
Mrs. Jackson has done it again by bringing us another powerful passionate and provocative story.
Megan and Rico gave new meaning to the words let's get wild. Looking forward to the next Westmoreland to get
bit from the love bug.
Darnell Glover
Wow as usual Brenda Jackson was on fire. Is it just me or are these books getting hotter. I liked the thread that there may be another group of westmorelands out there.
Arnissa Burnett
May 09, 2015 Arnissa Burnett rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing

Now I want to find out what happened to Raphael Westmoreland. Great story page to page. Can't wait for the next Westmoreland to fall in love.
Ada
Aug 01, 2014 Ada rated it it was amazing
Sin duda es una de las series Harlequin más lagar pero maravillosa que he leído, se superan se supera... ansiosa por leer a los gemelos
Teresa Scott
May 29, 2014 Teresa Scott rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this one. If was a little out of her character, but I enjoyed the fact that there was no breakup. That was getting a little too predictable.
Kim
Nov 13, 2012 Kim rated it liked it
This was an ok read. It did take quite a while for Megan and Rico to get together. I was hoping it would have happened earlier on in the book, and some of the build up could have been taken out. Once they did get together they were pretty hot. Their love scenes were very steamy, and a few things that happened in the bedroom between them was a bit unexpected and a welcome surprise. The whole Raphael mystery is getting a little anti climatic for me. It seems like we will have to read 10 more Westm ...more
Toni
May 09, 2015 Toni rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Megan Westmoreland and Rico Claiborne are a hot couple. I really enjoyed their story.
Deena
Nov 13, 2012 Deena rated it it was ok
I'm a big Brenda Jackson fan and have read almost all of her books, but this one just didn't do it for me. It was way too short and it just seemed rushed and like something was missing. I've read all of the Westmoreland series and it all seems to be running together for me; when other couples were mentioned, I found myself struggling to remember what the storyline was. Then again, I've always preferred the Madaris series because there is always more to the storyline. I did like Meghan and Rico, ...more
Cassandra Baker-Durham
Dec 07, 2012 Cassandra Baker-Durham rated it really liked it
This book was a trip..... they kept making a referenced to " getting wild" which got on my nerves after a while. Megan Westmoreland an anesthesiologist hires Rico Claiborn ( the brother of Jessica and Savannah) to dig up information on her great-grandfather.It was an ok read for me, although Rico did declare that he wanted her really early in the game, which was a little weird for me. But it was an ok read, I cant really complain about the story because I thin with Brenda Jackson we know what to ...more
Rhea Alexis Banks
Oct 30, 2012 Rhea Alexis Banks rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone that enjoys romance or familial dramas
Recommended to Rhea Alexis by: the author
Texas Wild by Brenda Jackson is another installment of the Denver Westmoreland Clan saga. This one is surrounding Megan Westmoreland and she is seeking information about her family, especially her great-grandfather Raphel Westmoreland. To this end, she hires a private investigator, Rico Claiborne to find such. While doing so, she learns a few other things about life as well. Ms. Jackson has told a story that is engaging and awakening in many ways and we get to experience it all. I give it 4.5 st ...more
Nancy Crocker
Jan 30, 2013 Nancy Crocker rated it liked it
This was my first Brenda Jackson read. The story was good. The attraction was Great. Loved how the Hero Rico was there for the Heroine Megan when needed. The love scenes were Amazing!!!

But there just appeared to be something lacking. It started off so Great. Which is why I purchased the book. I believe it might have been how the author kept explaining who all of the Westmoreland's were. To me it just kept interrupting a really good story. I have another of her books downloaded and will give it a
Norma Smith
Sep 20, 2014 Norma Smith rated it really liked it
I love Brenda Jacksons, Westmoreland novels very much. Megan's and Rico Claiborne romance is very nice and sweet.
Karen
Nov 05, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: brenda-jackson
I knew that it was going to be love at first sight for Rico Claiborne and Megan Westmoreland. The sparks not only flew between the night that the met at Micah's and Kalina's wedding...they were off the hinges before they even made it to Texas. Once they passed the pleasantries, it was on and wild. I absolutely love them as a couple and their story was an erotic and sensual one. Another wonderful Westmoreland love story!!!!
MidnightAce
Oct 14, 2012 MidnightAce rated it really liked it
Mrs. BJ never disappoints, the Westmoreland hookups are always steamy and exiting. I like the suspense in this one and can't wait to read what's in store for the Riley Westmoreland take down and if we finally get to the bottom of the real Rapheal story. Maybe even find out why he became a drifter.
DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness
Oct 01, 2012 DivasoftheSerengeti_Lioness rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Brenda Jackson. I love the Westmoreland family and the more your read about them, the more you CRAVE~!!.. Megan and Rico's story let's you know once again, love at first sight does exist. PICK UP YOUR COPY TODAY 5++++ STARS!!
Taz Will
Jun 03, 2014 Taz Will rated it really liked it
Rico taming Megan was a hot and steamy ride for this Westmoreland. She didn't stand a chance with him but she did put up as much of a fight that she could. Can't get enough of these Westmorelands!
Camille
Jun 11, 2013 Camille rated it liked it
Shelves: just-read
This was just okay. Very short read and of course very steamy love story that was very predictable. I enjoyed it none the less. A virgin at 27, really?! Brenda must be running out of material.
  • In Bed with the Opposition (Texas Cattleman's Club: The Showdown #6)
  • The Sheikh's Claim (Desert Nights #2)
  • Behind Palace Doors (Hollywood, #3)
  • An Innocent in Paradise
  • Exposed: Her Undercover Millionaire (The Takeover, #5)
  • Honorable Intentions (The Landis Brothers, #5; Billionaires and Babies, #26)
  • On the Verge of I Do (Dynasties: The Kincaids #4)
  • An Outrageous Proposal
  • Carrying the Rancher's Heir (The Worths of Red Ridge, #1)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • Bought: His Temporary Fiancée (The Takeover, #4)
  • A Very Private Merger (Dynasties: The Kincaids. #6)
  • A Wolff at Heart (Men Of Wolff Mountain #7)
  • Behind Boardroom Doors (Dynasties: The Kincaids #3)
  • Recipe for Temptation
In 1994, Brenda Jackson’s first novel, Tonight and Forever, was released. Since then she has had more than 100 novels and novellas published (the first African-American author to accomplish such a feat) and has over 3 million books in print.

A native of Jacksonville, Florida, Brenda is the first African-American author to have a book published by Harlequin Desire and the first African-American rom
More about Brenda Jackson...

The Westmorelands (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands, #1)
  • A Little Dare (The Westmorelands, #2)
  • Thorn's Challenge (The Westmorelands, #3)
  • Stone Cold Surrender (The Westmorelands, #4)
  • Riding The Storm (The Westmorelands, #5)
  • Jared's Counterfeit Fiancee (The Westmorelands, #6)
  • The Chase Is On (The Westmorelands, #7)
  • The Durango Affair (The Westmorelands, #8)
  • Ian's Ultimate Gamble (The Westmorelands, #9)
  • Seduction, Westmoreland Style (The Westmorelands, #10)