Start by marking “The Price of Retribution” as Want to Read:
The Price of Retribution

The Price of Retribution

To Tarn Desmond family is everything. So when powerful tycoon Caspar Brandon all but destroys her sweet sister, Tarn is determined to make this notorious playboy pay.Caz is intrigued by the pure beauty of the new girl in his office—no one has ever said no to him before, and if anything that's just doubled his ruthless desire for her!

As Tarn sinks deeper into her deception,
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2885, 192 pages
Published October 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Price of Retribution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Price of Retribution

Verity
Initially, I took a peek @ the last few pages & put it on hold cuz it didn't seem that appetizing but boy was I wrong. Anotha good 1. Endearing hero, silly twit of a heroine, eyebrows-raising plot based on a drug-dealing, mentally unhinged, stalkerazzi relative being locked up in Pityville. All ingredients make a riveting read. SC ain't exactly spring chicken anymore & I cherish every tasty concoction, good or bad. What stood out was that in an age where skyping, texting, emailing & ...more
Jenny
Jan 17, 2017 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: heroine-i-adore
Wow that was intense! Our heroine wants revenge against the hero. She wants to make him fall for her and then humiliate him so as to avenge her sister he abandoned. Her plan backfires and she falls madly in love with him but she carries through with her plan anyway. Of course, Tarn's foster sister is a psychopath stalker but when the heroine finds out the truth it's far too late.

Angst, melodrama and a wonderful loving hero make this a great read. Caz is so dreamy and so forgiving, a perfect her
Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
4 stars but not completely good ones

Reading Sara Craven always makes me feel like I'm reading an old book with the mention of cellphones existence here and there just it feels more modern...

We open up with the heart-broken H practically dying of unrequited love and just when my eyes started feeling something wet at the corners... We get a X months earlier (obviously I've already forgotten how many months).

In a way I was glad because I got to know from the beginning that the H was really inves
willaful
Nov 09, 2012 willaful rated it it was ok
Shelves: revenge
This started out great, a rare revenge romance in which the heroine is the one out for blood. Tarn sets out to seduce and humiliate Caz, to avenge the foster sister he used and discarded. Of course, she winds up in love with him too... but as we see as the book begins, she carries through with her plan anyway.

It quickly becomes clear that Tarn's sister is a liar and that she is an idiot, which didn't really bother me at first, since aren't revenge plots inherently pretty stupid? And Craven wrot
Kiki
Dec 13, 2016 Kiki rated it it was ok
What Tia said. And also how the fuck do you fall in love with someone who you believe has so callously broke your sisters heart?
RLA
Sep 15, 2012 RLA rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the revenge trope… and I love Sara Craven books. This book only needed pages and I was pretty sure I would like it! Add in the fact that this is a reverse revenge plot (heroine wanting revenge against the hero) makes it even better. What a book this is.

The prologue being ‘now’ and the story then recapping what had happened is a neat little trick to really hook you in right from the start.

Sara Craven weaves a tale that is full of emotion, mystery, passion and betrayal. The POV is a little
Tia
Aug 07, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok
This novel was pretty screwed up and the whole conflict was based on a girls 'facts' when they weren't facts at all, the girl has just simply lost her mind and became delusional. I couldn't believe the heroine could be so smart but such a fool. I felt horribly bad for the hero because he went through things he didn't deserve at all. The book kind of annoyed me and the ending was sickly sweet.
Dalyia
Aug 10, 2012 Dalyia rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2012, harlequin
extremely boring ..
Karen
A reversal in the revenge trope as this time the heroine is out for revenge and just as the hero is wrong re just about everything, she is too - she is fed lies from a psycho relative. What annoyed me was the fact that she actually carried out her revenge plan. Who does that? We might all think about it but that behaviour in itself seems pretty unhinged to me. The hero is lovely, much too good for her, in my opinion.
JiEun
Oct 12, 2012 JiEun rated it did not like it
This book was rather dull and boring.

Tarn is an independent British girl living and working in New York. She was fostered by her aunt and uncle, originally because they thought they couldn't have children of their own. Then along came their golden daughter. Uncle continued to love and support Tarn so after his death, Tarn felt that she was responsible for her aunt and cousin. Her cousin tries to commit suicide because she alleges that her rich fiance Caz dumped her. Cousin is currently hospitali
Shanelle
Nov 09, 2012 Shanelle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I hate it when a book starts with the end. I managed to wade my way through the first three chapters or so and then decided to cut my losses and turn to the last chapter. Boring in the extreme. My apologies to the author, but she has done much better.
Shallowreader VaVeros
I'm not sure what to make of this book. It reads like a greek tragedy. melodrama, angst and a chorus of voices acting as the female protagonist's conscience. I will need to process the book for a bit longer before I write more.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: What Every Woman Wants
Category: Classic Romance
Michal D
Aug 19, 2014 Michal D rated it it was ok
it was OK,rather predictable.
Katherine
Aug 22, 2012 Katherine rated it did not like it
really bad storyline. its like trying to get the readers emotional but failing miserably.
Radhika
Mar 11, 2015 Radhika rated it liked it
Tara is out for revenge for her lil sister who claims tycoon Caz destroyed her life. Tara is on the warpath to destroy Caz life . Will she succeed or not!
Acathla
Sep 09, 2013 Acathla rated it did not like it
I gave up after about 50 pages. And I really struggled to get that far.
LLCSpokane
LLCSpokane rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2012
Mitza101
Mitza101 rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2013
boogenhagen
boogenhagen rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2012
Caro
Caro rated it did not like it
May 05, 2014
Charan
Charan rated it it was ok
Sep 15, 2012
Kala
Kala rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2014
Ankita
Ankita rated it liked it
Dec 12, 2016
priya iyer
priya iyer rated it did not like it
Jun 15, 2017
Avisha Beeharreea
Avisha Beeharreea rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2013
Gigi
Gigi rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2013
Geovis
Geovis rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2014
Nic
Nic rated it it was ok
May 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Unfaithful Wife
  • Desire
  • Kholodov's Last Mistress (The Diomedi Heirs, #2)
  • Just One Last Night
  • Playing by the Greek's Rules (Puffin Island, #0.5)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • Exquisite Revenge
  • Marriage Behind the Facade (The Al Dhakir Brothers #2)
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • Proof of Their Sin
  • Theseus Discovers His Heir (Kalliakis Crown #2)
  • A Devil In Disguise
202248
Anne Bushell was born on October 1938 in South Devon, England, just before World War II and grew up in a house crammed with books. She was always a voracious reader, some of her all-time favorites books are: "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, "Middlemarch" by George Eliot, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë, "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell and "The Code of the Woosters" by P. G. Wodehous ...more
More about Sara Craven...