Start by marking “The Price of Retribution” as Want to Read:
The Price of Retribution

The Price of Retribution

3.01 of 5 stars 3.01  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  13 reviews
To Tarn Desmond family is everything. So when powerful tycoon Caspar Brandon all but destroys her sweet sister, Tarn is determined to make this notorious playboy pay.Caz is intrigued by the pure beauty of the new girl in his office—no one has ever said no to him before, and if anything that's just doubled his ruthless desire for her!

As Tarn sinks deeper into her deception,
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2885, 192 pages
Published October 2012 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Price of Retribution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Price of Retribution

Verity
Initially, I took a peek @ the last few pages & put it on hold cuz it didn't seem that appetizing but boy was I wrong. Anotha good 1. Endearing hero, silly twit of a heroine, eyebrows-raising plot based on a drug-dealing, mentally unhinged, stalkerazzi relative being locked up in Pityville. All ingredients make a riveting read. SC ain't exactly spring chicken anymore & I cherish every tasty concoction, good or bad. What stood out was that in an age where skyping, texting, emailing & ...more
willaful
This started out great, a rare revenge romance in which the heroine is the one out for blood. Tarn sets out to seduce and humiliate Caz, to avenge the foster sister he used and discarded. Of course, she winds up in love with him too... but as we see as the book begins, she carries through with her plan anyway.

It quickly becomes clear that Tarn's sister is a liar and that she is an idiot, which didn't really bother me at first, since aren't revenge plots inherently pretty stupid? And Craven wrot
RLA
I love the revenge trope… and I love Sara Craven books. This book only needed pages and I was pretty sure I would like it! Add in the fact that this is a reverse revenge plot (heroine wanting revenge against the hero) makes it even better. What a book this is.

The prologue being ‘now’ and the story then recapping what had happened is a neat little trick to really hook you in right from the start.

Sara Craven weaves a tale that is full of emotion, mystery, passion and betrayal. The POV is a little
Tia
This novel was pretty screwed up and the whole conflict was based on a girls 'facts' when they weren't facts at all, the girl has just simply lost her mind and became delusional. I couldn't believe the heroine could be so smart but such a fool. I felt horribly bad for the hero because he went through things he didn't deserve at all. The book kind of annoyed me and the ending was sickly sweet.
JiEun
This book was rather dull and boring.

Tarn is an independent British girl living and working in New York. She was fostered by her aunt and uncle, originally because they thought they couldn't have children of their own. Then along came their golden daughter. Uncle continued to love and support Tarn so after his death, Tarn felt that she was responsible for her aunt and cousin. Her cousin tries to commit suicide because she alleges that her rich fiance Caz dumped her. Cousin is currently hospitali
Anushka Rampersad
it was OK,rather predictable.
Shanelle
I hate it when a book starts with the end. I managed to wade my way through the first three chapters or so and then decided to cut my losses and turn to the last chapter. Boring in the extreme. My apologies to the author, but she has done much better.
Shallowreader VaVeros
I'm not sure what to make of this book. It reads like a greek tragedy. melodrama, angst and a chorus of voices acting as the female protagonist's conscience. I will need to process the book for a bit longer before I write more.
Katherine
really bad storyline. its like trying to get the readers emotional but failing miserably.
Acathla
I gave up after about 50 pages. And I really struggled to get that far.
Harlequin Books
Category: Classic Romance
Dalyia
extremely boring ..
Wan-Foong Loh
Wan-Foong Loh marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Shants Ram
Shants Ram marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2015
Ila Mahapatra
Ila Mahapatra marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Duni
Duni added it
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Rachna Misra
Rachna Misra marked it as to-read
Savitri Ramnarine
Savitri Ramnarine marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Dr Sajitha
Dr Sajitha marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Anushree
Anushree marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Tseten
Tseten marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Sugar
Sugar marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Meenakshi Singh
Meenakshi Singh marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Eloisa Capulong
Eloisa Capulong marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Shara
Shara marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Gargi
Gargi marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Priya
Priya marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
  • The Unfaithful Wife
  • Kholodov's Last Mistress (The Diomedi Heirs, #2)
  • The Replacement Wife
  • A Night of Living Dangerously (Mills & Boon Modern)
  • Strangers in the Desert (The Al Dhakir Brothers #1)
  • What Happens in Charleston... (Dynasties: The Kincaids #2)
  • Just One Last Night
  • Temptation
  • The Cost of Her Innocence
  • A Spanish Awakening
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
  • The Judas Kiss
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
  • After the Greek Affair
  • Woman in a Sheikh's World (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #2)
  • Sheikh Without a Heart
202248
Anne Bushell was born on October 1938 in South Devon, England, just before World War II and grew up in a house crammed with books. She was always a voracious reader, some of her all-time favorites books are: "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, "Middlemarch" by George Eliot, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë, "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell and "The Code of the Woosters" by P. G. Wodehous ...more
More about Sara Craven...
The Innocent's Surrender Wife in the Shadows Comparative Strangers Ruthless Awakening Innocent on Her Wedding Night