Start by marking “Critical Condition” as Want to Read:
Critical Condition

Critical Condition

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  115 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
EVERYONE'S AT RISK There's a murderer in the hospital, and nurse Tara Peterson is determined to prove it. With mysterious deaths in the cancer ward, anyone could be next. But no one wants to believe her...except for undercover agent Zach Davis. The murderer wants Tara's suspicions silenced, permanently. To protect Tara, Zach lets her in on his secret, and unwittingly into ...more
Published October 2nd 2012 by Love Inspired (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Critical Condition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Critical Condition

Katy Lee
Nov 26, 2012 Katy Lee rated it it was amazing
This is Sandra Orchard’s third novel in her Undercover Cops series, and I when I saw the cover, a little bit of the peace that autumn offers descended upon me like the fluttering leaves themselves. But I will say peace was not the feeling I received while reading it—at least not at first.

Sandra packs every page with twists and turns, emotional highs…and more highs, and a story that equated to a medical thriller romance that felt like The Fugitive meets luuve. Best of both worlds, in my romantic
Melanie
Oct 04, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-books
Review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1AGPVT9...
Review on my blog (to be posted 10/6): http://christianbookshelfreviews.blog...

Critical Condition is the third book in Sandra Orchard's Undercover Cops series and a great addition. Having read the first two books prior to this one, I can say that I am loving this series and hope it doesn't end with this book. One thing I particularly like (besides the fact that the cops are undercover) is that some of the previous characters appear in thi
John Hanscom
All genres are somewhat formulaic, but this one was written with a template. In addition, it was not well written - one example [among many]: toward the end of the book, the female protagonist is returning to wrk and is to put her daughter in the work-provided day care. She and the male protagonist show up at her work, but there is no child. A few pages later, it was as if the author realized the child was necessary for the plot, and inserted that the female protagonist had arranged for her sist ...more
Judine Brey
Jul 13, 2016 Judine Brey rated it liked it
Tara and Suzie are a charming mother-daughter combination that would be capable of winning any man's heart. Zach's heartfelt love for his late wife is a key to this novel and the pair coming together. That said, there are certain issues, like parenting disagreements that should be more effectively resolved by the end of the novel.
Katherine Moss
Feb 25, 2016 Katherine Moss rated it it was amazing
Another great one ... sort of toggles between medical thriller and cop novel ... not to mention the role of God in the plot.
Lisa Jamieson
Mar 09, 2013 Lisa Jamieson rated it it was amazing
In her book Critical Condition, Sandra Orchard captures the essence of a tender heart longing to love again. While trying to unravel the sinister schemes of two tragic hospital murders, undercover cop Zach and nurse Tara secretly find themselves caught between waves of romantic tension, fear and questions about who can be trusted. With a gift for pacing, Orchard kept me engaged and curious from front to back. The relationship between Zach and Tara’s toddler daughter was so endearing, I often for ...more
Paula Rose
Oct 02, 2014 Paula Rose rated it it was amazing
Review of CRITICAL CONDITION by Sandra Orchard http://wp.me/p4qNzl-c4
Genevieve Lewis
Feb 26, 2015 Genevieve Lewis rated it it was amazing
I was surprised to the end. Enjoyed this book very much.
Wendy Sparkes
Mar 01, 2014 Wendy Sparkes rated it really liked it

#3 Undercover Cops

A great finish to the series.

#1 Deep Cover by Sandra Orchard #2 Shades of Truth by Sandra Orchard
Misty Dietz
May 04, 2013 Misty Dietz rated it really liked it
I don't typically read faith-based books, so this was an interesting departure for me. I really enjoyed Zach because he was the typical protector I look for in a hero, but he also had a softness and vulnerability to his character that felt authentic. I also enjoyed the medical element of this book which was also a first for me.
Dorel
Jan 28, 2013 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Sandra Orchard book I read. The storyline was a great suspense romance. I loved Tara & Zach as a couple. I loved Tara's daughter she is so cute & adorable. That is so evil to kill off patients in the hospital, the killer got what they deserved. I would definitely read more book by Ms. Orchard great job.
Betti
Sep 18, 2012 Betti rated it it was amazing
A wonderful mix between suspense and romance! As clues were suitably vague, the author had me guessing who the villain was right up till the end. It certainly wasn't who I expected! Learning to live without lost loved ones, is difficult for us all, I am sure, and it is no different for the hero.
Jennifer Shirk
I have to say this was one of the best Love Inspired Suspenses I've read in a long time. I couldn't stop turning the pages! I had to find out who the killer was and why. Great suspense, sweet romance, and a great Christian theme too.
June
Dec 16, 2012 June rated it really liked it
I've waited for "Dak's" story. Turned out pretty well. Another great Sandra Orchard story. Hard to put down. Kept me captivated to the last page.
Mollie Borden
Oct 19, 2013 Mollie Borden rated it really liked it
Was a good read that had me guessing the true villain up to the reveal. Will definitely read other faith-based books by Sandra Orchard.
Jill
Apr 27, 2013 Jill rated it liked it
Love inspired suspense Undercover Cops series Hospital nurse Tara Peterson. Zach/cop Suzie/daughter

Glenda Parker
Sep 22, 2012 Glenda Parker rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Her characters were authentic and the action kept you on the edge of your chair.
Harlequin Books
Rita
Jan 27, 2013 Rita rated it it was amazing
Wanted more..
Linda Dunn
Linda Dunn rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Heather Kinder
Heather Kinder marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2016
Tera Joiner
Tera Joiner marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Delta
Delta marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
SensBaby21
SensBaby21 marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Joni Ranum
Joni Ranum marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Emily Barrus
Emily Barrus rated it liked it
Jun 24, 2016
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
Jean Sommers
Jean Sommers marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Samantha Hutchins
Samantha Hutchins marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Love Inspired Books: LIS Giveaway Today Only 3 10 Oct 10, 2012 10:38AM
Love Inspired Books: Goodreads Giveaway 3 7 Sep 12, 2012 01:58PM
  • The Doctor's Defender (Protection Specialists, #3)
  • Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
  • Danger on the Mountain
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • No Way Out
  • Ricochet
  • Standing Guard
  • Lost Legacy (Treasure Seekers #1)
  • The Christmas Rescue
  • Private Eye Protector (Heroes for Hire, #5)
  • Freezing Point
  • Assignment: Bodyguard (Secret Agent Series, #4)
  • Hidden in the Everglades (Guardians, Inc., #3)
  • Zero Visibility
Sandra leaps off the garden trails of her herbal-researcher-turned-amateur-sleuth (Port Aster Secrets) series, to the museum corridors of her plucky FBI art crime agent Serena Jones, in A Fool and His Monet.

When not plotting crimes, Sandra plays make-believe with her grandchildren or hikes with her hubby along the escarpment, near their home in Niagara, Canada.

Her novels have garnered numerous a
More about Sandra Orchard...