Start by marking “Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)” as Want to Read:
Survive the Night (Lost-Inc., #1)
Read Excerpt

Survive the Night (Lost-Inc. #1)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  17 reviews
After losing everything, Della Jackson tries to begin again as an investigator. But she can't forget the past…and neither can someone else. Someone who won't let anyone—even Della's best friend, former special operative Paul Mason—stand in the way. As Della is stalked and those closest to her are targeted, both Della and Paul realize there's only one way to survive. They e ...more
Published October 2nd 2012 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Survive the Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Survive the Night

Lisa Phillips
This author is a great addition to the Love Inspired writers. Her first LIS book is gripping and kept me turning pages.
Lots of twists, turns, and no way you could be sure who the stalker was until the end!

Trying not to put in any spoilers here, but the ending was satisfying for the characters but WIDE OPEN for more books to come. I loved that. Life is rarely tied up in a neat bow at the end.

Had a little trouble distinguishing between Paul's sister Maggie and the Lost Inc team leader Madison-now
Michelle
Lost, Inc.
Book 1

In the first of three books, we meet Della Jackson who currently works for an organization who work at finding lost people. She is best friend's with a man who helped her through the most tragic events of her life - the death of her son and marriage. And he's not leaving her again when she starts being attacked.

It's interesting that we've almost stepped into the middle of the mess when the book starts. Della and Paul are very close friends, and possibly in love with each other. D
Jill
Love Inspired Suspense Lost Inc. Series Della/Paul/boss--Madison I have read several books in the series. It would be good to read them all at one time to follow the characters that appear in all of the books. When this one is over, I am fairly sure that the main villain has not been caught. "Blue Shoes" must be someone they know or see often. I can't figure it out! Guess I will have to wait for the next book.

Della's son was killed. The poem she uses to calm her mother's heart is quite good for
Alexis
What a great author to add to the Love Inspired series'. This is a great book! I noticed some grammatical errors through out it, but hey, I got the book for $4.75 so I really can't complain! The characters are absolutely wonderful. She has such a knack for accurately portraying how people think, what they are feeling, and why they are feeling it. She really takes you to the depths of some of their souls.
The plot line is really good, it definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat most of the ti
Janny
Why is it that when life becomes unbearable, we blame God for not being there? Grief did exactly that to Della. I loved learning who she was and her journey to understanding that God is in everything and only He know where we are supposed to land. Della's journey with finding her way back to God came through a terrible ordeal, yet she was not alone, her friends came and gathered to her to help her through the nightmare. Paul most of all, I love that Vicki gave Della a godly man to help her reach ...more
pauline
Survivors the night (lost,ink,book,1)

The book was good, but I realized I read this book some other time, and I choose to read something new at this time.
Sandra
My retired parents & I all loved Vicki Hinze's Survive the Night as well as the rest of the Lost Incorporated series. Survive The Night had us on the edge of our seat from the beginning & I loved the character's. Della & Paul both work though their pasts as they try to keep her & those she cares for alive. Inspirational, romantic suspense at it's best.
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book through the Readers Only Group at BookFun.org in exchange for my honest review. All opi
Christy
I love the staff and authors at LoveInspired reads/books. They use all the elements to create an enjoyable, intriguing story (a little romance, Faith, and a lot of suspense and challenges). Most LoveInspired books I have read have great, but for some reason this book done nothing for me. I couldn't focus and skipped around a lot. However, because of its intriguing title and synopsis will keep the book and try again sometime. I want to give Ms Hinze another chance at another time.
Debbie Heaton
In Hinze’s inspirational romantic suspense, Della Jackson is in the process of rebuilding her life after losing everything—her son and her husband. But the past isn’t easy to forget for her—or someone else. Della is being stalked and those closest to her are the targets. Her best friend, former special operative Paul Mason teams with Della to face their worst fears so they can survive what is yet to come.

An interesting installment to the Lost Inc. series.

Linda Ortiz
"Survive the Night" by Vicki Hinze was a great book and storyline. Della Jackson, who lost everything tries to start again as an investigator. Della is being stalked and her best friend, former special operative, Paul Mason tries to protect Della. This story is about overcoming scars from the past, healing, and loving once again. I received this book for review from The Book club Network Inc. This is a great website for readers.
Sharee
I received this book from Bookfun.org in exchange for my honest opinion. I really enjoyed Survive the Night. It was suspenseful from beginning to end. Each time I thought I was ready to stop reading for the night, there would be something drawing me to read just a little bit more. A very enjoyable book that makes you want to read the rest in the series.
John Hanscom
Somewhere between 3 1/2 and four. Pretty good for this type of book. It was a little difficult to believe [SPOILER ALERT] that two different "bad guys" would be operating at exactly the same time without any apparent coordination, but perhaps this will be resolved in the next installment of te series.
Nina
Jun 11, 2013 Nina added it
Survive the Night by Vicki Hinze
This was so good, loads of action, really wonderful characters, spice and a great read. It's the first in a series called Lost Inc.,the next one being Christmas Count Down, which I've started, and yes, it's even better!!
Melenia Gibson
Just finished the book "Survive The Night" by Vicki Hinze. Good, Quick, Easy read. Good topic for some extra thought, although I was unhappy with how things ended. Not a suprise considering it is part of a series.
Katelyn Shear
W. O. W. Very suspensful!! Twists and turns all throughout!!!!
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Lost, Inc.
Category: Inspirational Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Lost, Inc.
Category: Inspirational Romance
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Wenona
Wenona marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2015
Linda Berg
Linda Berg marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Keisha
Keisha marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Melissa Todt
Melissa Todt marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2015
Megan VanderStel
Megan VanderStel marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2015
Jenn Fowler
Jenn Fowler marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Lisa Crenshaw
Lisa Crenshaw marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Kathie
Kathie added it
Jul 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 22, 2015 04:25AM
  • Dangerous Melody (Treasure Seekers #2)
  • Stalker in the Shadows (Sonoma, #3)
  • Danger on the Mountain
  • Lone Star Protector (Texas K-9 Unit #6)
  • Scent of Danger (Texas K-9 Unit #5)
  • Dead Wrong
  • Ricochet
  • Trail of Lies (Texas Ranger Justice, #4)
  • The Rookie's Assignment (Fitzgerald Bay, #2)
  • Treacherous Skies
  • Critical Condition
  • The Detective's Secret Daughter (Fitzgerald Bay, #3)
  • The Lawman's Legacy (Fitzgerald Bay #1)
Vicki is the award-winning author of 30 novels, 4 nonfiction books and hundreds of articles. She's recognized as an author and as an educator by Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World.

Vicki mentors writers through her Writers' Zone program and has for well over a decade.

Currently she's writing faith-affirming thrillers and inspirational romantic suspense. Her latest releases are SURVIVE T
More about Vicki Hinze...

Lost-Inc. (3 books)
  • Christmas Countdown (Lost-Inc., #2)
  • Torn Loyalties (Lost-Inc., #3)
Forget Me Not (Crossroads Crisis Center, #1) Deadly Ties (Crossroads Crisis Center, #2) Mind Reader Not This Time (Crossroads Crisis Center, #3) Beyond the Misty Shore (Seascape Trilogy, #1)