Start by marking “The Cowboy's Claim (Cowboy Cafe, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Cowboy's Claim (Cowboy Cafe, #2)

The Cowboy's Claim (Cowboy Cafe #2)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  12 reviews
No self-respecting cowboy wants to be a rich girl's dirty little secret. That's why Nick Benson left Grady Gulch, looking for greener pastures even as his heart was breaking. Little did he know that the beauty he left behind was carrying his child, a son. Or that his wealthy lover would be abandoned by her family because of their forbidden affair.Now Nick has returned, and...more
Paperback, Harlequin Romantic Suspense #1723, 224 pages
Published September 18th 2012 by Harlequin

To ask other readers questions about The Cowboy's Claim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cowboy's Claim

Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in Carla Cassidy's Cowboy Cafe series. Nick Benson has returned home and discovers his ex-girlfriend, Courtney Chambers, waitressing at the Cowboy Cafe. It's not too much longer he finds out he has a son. Courtney already had her heart broke by Nick and certainly isn't going to set herself up for round two. But her son needs a father and Nick wants to be there and prove he can be a better father than his father had been.

A good continuation of the series. There are still unresolve...more
Susan
Good book. Nick has come back to Grady Gulch to help out at his family's ranch. His sister was killed in a car crash a couple years ago, his oldest brother is in jail for attempted murder and his other brother is drowning his sorrows in drink. He was surprised to see his ex-girlfriend working in the cafe as a waitress and even more surprised to find that she had a son and that the baby is his. He wants to be a father to his son, but doesn't know if he can deal with Courtney again. When another w...more
Steamywindows♥♫
A very nice little read, the plot involved a big misunderstanding, which the author wisely did not overplay. A very cute toddler, who wears cowboy pj's and loves his daddy's cowboy hat! I felt there were a few plotting issues, with some secondary characters issues " left hanging". (I.e. Mary, who ownes the dinner where the heroine works alludes to having a past that would get in the way of something with the local cop). All in all, a good lovers who are estranged but still love each other story.
Diana
Nick and Courtney were lovers at one time but hadn't seen each other in years. Nick comes back to Grady Gulch to help out the family and runs into Courtney who has been keeping a secret from him. There have been some murders in town and Courtney is being targeted by someone that brings here and Nick closer together. I have read some of Carla's books in the past and I greatly enjoyed this story. I recommend this book highly.
Renee Entress
4.0 big Super stars

I recommend this book.
If you have not read Her Cowboy Distraction I would recommend reading that book first.

Courtney Chambers works as a waitress at the Cowboy Café in the town of Grady Gulch, Oklahoma.
Two years ago Courtney and Nick Benson were together and in love for about 6 months. Then his sister died in a car accident and he left town. He ran away without a backwards glance at his family or Courtney.
Little did he know he left Courtney a little piece of himself when he...more
PAM WILLIAMS
Good reading

Good reading

I enjoyed the book. I love reading books in a series to see how the different lives intertwined. the author did a good job
Julie
Easy reading.
Amanda Sheila
Not exactly my favorite.

I find Nick pretty careless and annoying. Mostly because he blamed the heroine for not telling him about the baby, when he's the one who left without words. I was like, look at the mirror, mister! And the murders in the city's not exactly helping with the plot. Could be better.

But overall, cute story. But it's bur enough to be my favorite though I find it pretty good. :)
Tia
I actually had been waiting to read this novel since the first novel in the series was so good. I actually thought this one was good but I can't say I was too impressed with it, certain parts bored me unfortunately. Others kept me on the edge. Overall it was decent.
Emily Higgins
Nick Benson returns to Grady Gulch to help his brother with the family ranch. He finds out that his former girlfriend had his son while he had been away. There is a lot of fence mending to do, with misunderstandings on both sides. A quick, feel-good read.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Cowboy Café
Category: Suspense
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2014
Mary Rogers
Mary Rogers marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Chantell Westcott
Chantell Westcott marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Crystal Brown
Crystal Brown marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Theresa Day
Theresa Day marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Shirley Felts
Shirley Felts marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Ashley Jett
Ashley Jett marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Cowboy with a Cause (Cowboy Cafe #3) Just Joe (Harlequin More Than Words) Broken Pieces Are You Afraid? Paint It Red