Start by marking “The Sheikh's Last Gamble” as Want to Read:
The Sheikh's Last Gamble

The Sheikh's Last Gamble (Desert Brothers #2)

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The winner takes all! When infamous billionaire gambler Bahir Al-Qadir is forced to protect his ex-lover, Marina Peshwah, it seems Lady Luck has finally deserted him. He's tried to forget the spoilt princess, but even the relentless heat of the desert has failed to burn the intoxicating image of her from his mind. Now he's about to discover that their passion left them wit ...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Sheikh's Last Gamble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheikh's Last Gamble

willaful
I felt that this story was trying to have its cake and eat it too. Marina is characterized as an unashamedly adventurous, sexual woman, and everyone is shocked because she has two illegitimate children from different fathers. But when it comes right down to it, we learn that she's been faking most of it and is the usual Harlequin heroine who a) forswears all other men once the hero has touched her and b) is the perfect devoted mother.

Most of the story follows the standard secret baby plotline, B
Jennie -  Webbweaver Reviews
This is the first Trish Morey romance I have read and I must say I enjoyed it immensely ! I started and finished it all in the same day as I couldn't put it down.

There are some interesting scenarios in this book. I really liked the heroine, Marina, although as an Arabian princess Marina would definitely not have been her name. I would have liked a proper Arabic name to go with the setting.
However, that aside, I liked the quiet dignity that she maintained pretty much throughout the story.

The he
Jacqueline
Second review today that GRs ate. I had a great review/rant too.

Started out strong and faded about half way through. The hero's motivations for kicking her to the curb 4 years ago were stupid and weak. I really expected her to have done at least something to cause his vitriolic reaction to her. But no.

Aslo, why can't an HP heroine ever have another child with another man after she has one with the hero? I'd like to read that book. But no. The kids were written too old for their ages.

And don't
Dalia
This is one intense read, with all the tension, the angst, the attraction & the emotional roller coaster required in a great read. TM's writing style is superb. The characters are beautifully portrayed. Marina with her strength & dignity, Bahir struggling with the demons of his past.
Penny Watson
Typical, but charming Harly with a-hole billionaire and spurned lover with the secret baby. I found this quite entertaining. There are a few little twists and turns you don't see with most of these books. One of the better quality sheikh books I've read (I can't believe I just typed that sentence).

Grade: B
Melissa Maxwell
I loved this book so much more than the first in the series. Marina and Bahir have a depth to their characters that just was not shown well enough with Aisha and Zoltan. After being captured Marina has to go home to see her children but her sister and brother in law wants Bahir to travel with her but she is still heartbroken over him and has kept a secret from him for nearly four years. Bahir does not want to be around the women he feels betrayed him. When he realizes that her son is his he is f ...more
Tawnya
Very good book. Left me wanting more from the other characters.
Verónica Silva
Oh pá...que chato, isto foi giro. O gajo era um grande parvo no inicio mas depois afinal era um homem a sofrer, que tinha agido mal e afinal sempre a tinha amado, blá blá blá...odeio quando me trocam as voltas -_- eu pensava que não ia gostar.
Eli Yanti
this book successfully made me torn between like it or hate it but overall i love this story :D
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Desert Brothers
Category: Classic Romance
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Desert Brothers
Category: Classic Romance
Jenny
Boring with no real plot! Waste of my time!
Yui
Not bad but it did bore me a little.
Zaina1023
Zaina1023 marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
chasey
chasey marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Heir from Nowhere Forced Wife, Royal Love-Child Second Chance Bride (Montana Born Brides #2) Stolen by the Sheikh Forbidden: The Sheikh's Virgin (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #3)