Start by marking “Not Just the Greek's Wife” as Want to Read:
Not Just the Greek's Wife

Not Just the Greek's Wife (Greek Tycoons #8)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  355 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Ariston Spiridakou had one reason and one reason only for marrying Chloe: he needed a biddable bride to provide the requisite heir. Yet three years later Chloe's status as good Greek wife is a distant memory—and her defiance has had her cast out of Ariston's life.…Infuriatingly, Chloe now finds herself at Ariston's mercy—but his help comes with a wicked price: the unyieldi ...more
Published September 18th 2012 by Harlequin (first published September 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Not Just the Greek's Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Just the Greek's Wife

HR readsNstuff
Dee
3.5 Stars

I did enjoy this one but will say that I felt like I had read it many times before. It is the classic case of Greek girl married off by her father to rich man as part of a business deal.

Chloe always felt that Ariston never had feelings for her and thought he was gonna divorce her after the time that the business contract allowed him to do so, so she flew the coop first. They did divorce and spent 2 years apart but then her father's company was sinking so she went to Ariston for help. H
willaful
Monroe's ping-pong conversations really spiral out of control in this book, to mix a metaphor:

"She shook her head, but her thoughts refused to settle as they spun endlessly around one simple fact. 'I don't understand how you could know.'

'I found your pills.'

'In my jewelry armoire?' But he never went through her things.

Only he must have. At least once.

'Yes.'

'Why?'

'Does it matter?"

'Maybe it shouldn't... but I feel like it does.' If he had never trusted her and had spied on her, that put their ma
Jenny
First Lucy Monroe book I hated. It was extremely dull and boring! The romance was nowhere to be found. Endless conversations about business and money which I didn't get or even care to understand. The characters were one dimensional, lacking depth and complexity. I didn't care about their reactions or their emotions. Talk about cardboard characters... Still can't believe this is a L. Monroe book!
3houd
I honestly don't know how to begin to describe how bad this book was.
I really dislike how these novels took a huge downfall. They used to be a good guilty pleasure, not really useful but certainly a good time spent. But now it's guilt with no pleasure at all. I feel guilty wasting my time and money on them.

This novel was stupid to say the least. Both leads were horrible. The text was filled with narration, and when there's no narration it's the same conversation over and over again.

I cant fatho
Steamywindows♥♫
Vashti
This was a better read for me than some of her recent HP offerings .But,this book had something lacking for me.I did not really connect well with these characters and their love scenes were more like clinical sex scenes.The first part of the book just felt so cold and I thought that the later part was trying to be more of a romantic read,but missed.Still,a better read for me than as previously stated.
Hollie
I loved reading this story! It had everything that I love about Lucy Monroe's books! A super Alpha male, a heroine who was in love with her man..and a conflict that took her away from him.Lucy knows how to write great love stories with Happily Ever Afters that make me feel great after reading them.
Lemon
Okay, so I know that this is supposed to be a romantic book, but is it bad that instead of feeling "romanced" I just laughed out loud?
Sara  HarlequinJunkie

Reviewd by: HarlequinJunkie Romance Reviews

Not Just the Greek’s Wife: I really enjoyed this re-union story by Lucy Monroe. It was a great read minus the revenge / angst factors you except to find in re-union stories.

Ariston Spiridakou and Chloe got married as part of a business deal, an arranged marriage with contracted terms of three years. Their marriage fell apart due to misunderstanding and mistrust on both their parts.

Fast-forward two years and Chloe and Ariston re-unite when Chloe approach
JiEun
This was my first book by this author, and so far, I am interested in reading more from her. What I liked about this book is that you are able to see how Chloe changed since her divorce from Ariston. She may have once been the typical spineless and young Harlequin Presents heroine, but by the time this book starts (after Chloe and Ariston have already divorced), she has made her own life. Not too much, because these books always seem imbalanced in that the girl is always wildly in love with the ...more
Stephanie
Amy Mckinney
Lucy Monre never fails to deliver! NOT JUST THE GREEK'S WIFE is a fantastic read. Ariston Spiridakou had married Chloe as part of an arranged marriage. He married her for a heir and after three years of marriage and several misunderstandings they divorce. It is two years later and Chloe enters back into Ariston's life for her sisters sake. Passions still run high between the two and they enter into another arrangement and this time they are both playing for keeps
Ladyacct
I actually adore it when the heroine develops a back bone in these HP books and this one did - took a couple of years but she did!!!!!!!

The hero was no one's fool but did make assumptions about the heroine which when he discovered was untrue he had an arrogant time of apologizing.

I found the ending to be really quick but it was a good book one which I think I will reread so it's a keeper.
Annie Burrows
Sometimes when you read one of these "revengeful" ex-husband stories from HMB presents series, I lose sympathy with the hero, because he makes too many assumptions. But in this story, Lucy Monroe made the hero intelligent enough to spot where he'd made mistakes, and moderate his behaviour, so that it was far easier to understand why the heroine was so in love with him.
Jennifer  E
3.5 stars > I really wish goodreads would offer a half point rating.

A quick and easy read with the typical formulaic story but it's a formula I happen to love. Add in the fact that the hero is Greek - I'm there! Lucy Monroe is one of my favorite authors to read. I love the fact that she still writes for Harlequin Presents. The first series I read after deciding I wanted to read more "adult" books in my youth.

The sitch is that Ariston & Chloe were once married however it was an arranged

Paula Legate
I really enjoyed this sappy romance. Ariston, and Chloe had entered into a marriage as a business deal. Chloe walked away three years later, because of misunderstandings. Now three years had gone by, but the chemistry, and passion is still there burning between the two. The First meeting they had after the separation, lead to a hot steamy office encounter.

They agreed to marry again, based on business. This time around they couldn’t hide the love that shined. Ariston was a tentative, and caring
Maura
Traci
Really enjoyed this HQN story from Lucy Monroe. The hero was my favorite sort: Uber-Alpha and the heroine was actually able to think for herself without continuously throwing issues up to the hero.

I would definitely recommend this book for readers of all levels--whether you're a Lucy Monroe fan or about to become one. The author writes equally well in both the contemporary and historical genres.

Again, this is a quick, enjoyable read and I would recommend to anyone!!!
Danielle
HÜLYA
ÜÇ yıl önce boşanan Chloe ve Ariston'un hikayesi biraz durağan bir hikaye idi..Bir yanlış anlama ve iletişimsizlik yüzünden sona eren bir evlilik..Fakat Ariston ne yapıp edip karısını tekrar kazanmaya karar verir..Karısının yumuşak kız kardeşine olan bağlılığını kullanır..Kız kardeşinin yuvasını dağılmasını istemeyen Chloe Ariston'un teklifini kabul etmek zorunda kalır..
Yinede okurken zevk alınabilecek bir ikinci şans romanı idi..
Becky
Really liked the dialogue and heroine's maturity, as well as the communication between the H and h once it started. But other women in the 2 yrs while trying to gain the means to blackmail his wife back to him? Instead of just showing up to talk and find out whether his divorce papers or failure to declare his love (in fact, declaring he would not love her) caused her to leave, especially in light of his knowledge that she loved him? Just not consistent with the supposedly happy marriage where h ...more
Tia
Takis was the wisest one in the whole novel. It was a good read. I felt the emotional flow and beauty of the story. However in some aspects it seemed to be lacking. It was a good happy ending though.
Brenda (b)
I have this soft spot for Harlequin romances and Lucy Monroe's in particular. This one was exactly what I was looking for to read today. I liked Chloe and Ariston was wonderful.
Marcy
Lucy writes alpha males in a way that you can still love them. Their hard outer shell hides their soft, gooey insides.
Penny Watson
3.5 stars? Why am I addicted to these crazy tycoon books? HELP ME!!!!!!
Janet Lombardi
Was a great story.
Sheila Schwartz
Not Just the Greek's Wife (Harlequin Presents) (Kindle Edition)
I am a voracious reader of romances and I never fail to buy Ms. Monroe's newest releases!! Her "Not Just a Greek's Wife" is full of emotional dialogue that grabbed me and thrust me into Ariston and Chloe's world! They are a couple who come from dysfunctional families and with agenda's of the own and lack of communication they divorce! With family pressure they remarry amid distrust and misunderstanding yet with all Ms. Monroe's books
Brandy
Nov 20, 2012 Brandy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
This book managed to overcome two things that aren't my favorite events in books. First, this is a reunion story with a divorced couple, and those are hard for me to believe most of the time. Second, the divorce resulted in large part from a series of secrets and miscommunication that could have been avoided if the people had just talked to each other. Seeing that both Chloe and Ariston were willing to admit some fault and had matured during their time apart helped me get past the secrets they'd ...more
Donna
A sweet tale of second chances. Greek Tycoon Ariston Spiridakou married Chloe 5 years ago in an arranged marriage to provide an heir. Chloe falls in love with Ariston but comes to realize he doesn't believe in love. Through a series of misunderstandings she walks out after 3 years and he still has no heir. Now its 2 years later and Chloe’s family once again needs Ariston's help to save the company and Chloe is asked to intercede on their behalf. Seeing Ariston again is harder and easier than she ...more
  • Playing the Greek's Game (What His Money Can't Buy #2)
  • After the Greek Affair
  • Forgotten Daughter (Bad Blood, #7)
  • Sold to the Enemy
  • Princess From The Shadows (The Santina Crown, #6)
  • The Lone Wolfe (Bad Blood, #8)
  • Jewel in His Crown
  • The Riccioni's Pregnancy / Bayi Keluarga Riccioni
  • Flirting With Intent (The Wests, #1)
  • The Dangerous Jacob Wilde (The Wilde Brothers, #1)
  • The Tycoon's Bride
  • For Pleasure...or Marriage? (Models & Millionaires, #1)
  • The Final Price
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • Breaking the Sheikh's Rules
  • Heiress Behind the Headlines
  • Craving the Forbidden (The Fitzroy Legacy #1)
Award winning author Lucy Monroe had her first book published in September 2003. Since then she has sold more than 50 books to four publishers and hit national bestsellers lists in the US and England. She writes sexy category romance for Harlequin Presents including her own ongoing mini-series, The Royal Brides. If you prefer a longer book, but want to keep it steamy, try her Mercenary trilogy or ...more
More about Lucy Monroe...

Greek Tycoons (8 books)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Ultimatum (Greek Tycoons #1)
  • The Greek's Innocent Virgin (Kouros Brothers Duo #1; Greek Tycoons #2)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Petronides Brothers Duo #1; Greek Tycoons #4)
  • The Latin Lover (Petronides Brothers Duo #2; Greek Tycoons #5)
  • The Shy Bride (Traditional Greek Husbands #1; Greek Tycoons #6)
  • The Greek's Pregnant Lover (Traditional Greek Husbands #2; Greek Tycoons #7)
Moon Awakening (Children of the Moon, #1) Ready Moon Craving (Children of the Moon, #2) The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Petronides Brothers Duo #1; Greek Tycoons #4) Willing