Start by marking “Sands of Thyme” as Want to Read:
Sands of Thyme

Sands of Thyme (Delectable 0.5)

3.24  ·  Rating Details  ·  225 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
Official Description: Burke Williams wasn’t planning on a vacation, but when his sister hands him a plane ticket and a packed suitcase the day after he finished a high-pressure programming project, he has little choice but to hop on the plane and go. Never in his wildest dreams did he imagine a gay beach resort like Cockatoo. For a guy more at home with a hard drive than h ...more
Published June 15th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Sands of Thyme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sands of Thyme

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Why is this tagged first time? They weren't butt virgins. I hate when inaccurate tags are used.

A cute story. Started off a little slow for me but still a sweet free read.

Well sweet if you overlook that Staff is a complete stalker and thief and liar.

(view spoiler)
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Jun 16, 2012 Mandy*reads obsessively* rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, short
Cute story and I really liked Burke, his insecurities and feeling out of his depth at the resort.

(view spoiler)
Virginia
Cute story. I liked Burke much more than Staff, though. Didn't quite understood Staff's need to try to (view spoiler)
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Eight.

This was good. Creative idea, and branched out from just a normal two-guys-meet-at-a-resort thing. The sex was steamy but there were a few times they seemed to be in impossible positions (lying face-to-face while Staff is fingering him but then all of a sudden he's licking Staff's dick?) Overall I liked it, but I gotta be honest, Staff's actions on the whole did not endear me to him at all. (view spoiler)
Jan
Dec 17, 2012 Jan rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, food-in-fiction
I read this after enjoying Brand New Flavor so much. I wanted to try another book by EM Lynley and a freebie seemed like a no-risk way.

This was another fun book about two guys who meet and fall for each other, and neither really knows much about the other, just that they want to get to know each other better. The pressure of being at the resort was used very well. Burke thinks he has to pair up but he's not sure about how that's going to work. H doesn't want to be slutty, but then he's offended
Christopher
Feb 15, 2016 Christopher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
I really liked how this story played out. Staff was an interesting character. Still can't believe one of the character's name is Staff in this. It just made me laugh so many times. Especially during one of the sex scenes.

Three thumbs up for safe sex conversations btw. I'll borrow my boyfriend's hand so that actually works.

I really believed the connection between Burke and Staff by the end of this. It made me really happy. Clever title too.
Riayl
Oct 06, 2015 Riayl rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, romance
Stafford is a creepy stalker and a thief. A real chef wouldn't need to steal someone else's recipes, and I just don't understand how either MC thought this was an acceptable thing, especially the stalking aspect. Like it is somehow not creepy, sleazy, or invasive because he's gay and only after her recipes?

Obviously not my thing.
Penumbra
Cute story about two men who meet at a gay resort. Burke and Staff are the main characters in this story. I liked Burke with his insecurities and his desire for something more than the casual hookup. I had trouble with Staff though. He was easy going, but I wonder about a man with questionable ethics that he would spy on another chef. He also easily lied to Burke and seemed to want to take control over the relationship on how fast it went and where it went. Staff's behavior kept me from liking h ...more
Dre
I give it 3.5 stars. I really liked it, and there were some funny parts, I just didn't necessarily feel the chemistry between Staff and Burke through the entire story. And I never know how to feel about snooping cuz I see both sides. Burke came off a little crazy for snooping when he only knew Staff for a few hours, and then stalking him into the woods and confronting him. Just seemed a little childish, but it's a short story, so I guess it all had to be squeezed in somehow, so I'll give it a pa ...more
Victoria
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
3.5 - Sweet story. Burke and Staff were cute together. Thank you E.M. Lynley, for donating your story, time and talent.
Helen Peter
Sep 06, 2012 Helen Peter rated it really liked it
Sweet and too short, wish it were longer.
Anke
Jun 15, 2012 Anke marked it as to-read
soon
Shira Anthony
I SO enjoyed this short story - it's got all the elements I love, too: mystery, an exotic locale, hot guys, hot sex. Of course, I love anything by E.M., so it's not a huge surprise.

Burke is just sweet and naive enough that you want to take him home in your suitcase and tell him "it's going to be okay, hon." Staff is just mysterious enough that you want to love him, and yet something holds you back until you figure the whole mystery out. Without spoiling, the ending was sweet and funny. Oh, and
Sarah Shaw
Did not enjoy this. One day I will read the rest of the series and hope it isn't as bad as this. I could not get behind the MCs. They bored me. I hate giving low reviews. But sometimes it has to be done!
Tj
Mar 19, 2015 Tj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute-sweet
Cute sweet freebie. It needed a few more details. I'm still a little hazy on the reason for Staff's "bird watching" but he was very sweet and loving toward Burke.
Vallie
Mar 18, 2014 Vallie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spicy-hot, mm, short
Cute short. Will definitely not remember it in a few days, but it was free and quick. It's not like you can waste too much time reading 40-something pages. Recommend!
Lucy
Mar 01, 2014 Lucy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was cute but something about Staff just didn't work for me. He does some not cool things (the recipe, the condoms) and just didn't come across as a great guy.
Kaseka
Surprisingly adorable, considering its setting is a gay resort most patrons are visiting for no-strings sex. Given such an atmosphere, it was fun to follow the story of two outsiders who (very obviously) didn't fit in with the resort's typical clientele. I loved both main characters, and the ways each tried to protect himself emotionally for fear the other was one of those patrons only wanting sex. I loved watching both men "geek out" about their passions, and enjoyed the way Lynley revealed eac ...more
Sadonna
Mar 21, 2014 Sadonna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pdf, free, mm, contemporary, series
Oh I enjoyed this! I liked the setup and the premise and I so felt for Burke! I know what it's like being on projects and working 20 hours a day for months on end - at the end, it feels like you are just not all together and have a hard time acting "normal" again.

Staff is a good guy as well and I liked his approach with Burke. I would love to see what happens when they get back to the real world ;)
Katy Beth Mckee
Mar 07, 2014 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series-books, m-m
Resort Fun

Who would have guessed that being forced to go on vacation to a gay resort by your sister could turn out so well.
Emma L Smith
They both had stupid names. They both acted completely out of character at really weird times. I still don't understand the dynamic between the two of them. BUT. It was short and sweet and oddly endearing.
Conanran
May 28, 2015 Conanran rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lyndac
Cute, sweet & short story.
Sheilad37
May 06, 2014 Sheilad37 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute
Fff
3,5 Stars

A free short story, sweet, sunny and fun.
Carly
May 31, 2014 Carly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining and Fun!

A comedic adventure with lots of laughter, a bit of mystery, and sexual chemistry that sizzles!

Sands of Thyme is a short story that is well written and a perfect choice for an afternoon pick me up.

The characters left me smiling long after I'd finished reading. A lighthearted offering, Lynley is quickly becoming one of my favorite storytellers.
Wendy Ann
I haven’t come across a book yet that involved the main characters meeting at a gay vacation resort, so that was definitely different and the fact that it was a meddling sister who initiated it was cute. I liked Burke’s character – a little bit geeky and awkward and imperfect. I’m not exactly sure how I feel about Staff – I’m a little disappointed in his questionable ethics. Together, these guys were great and I did enjoy the story.
Stephanie
Feb 07, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
I thought this story was sweet. And I loved the setting. And Burke was adorable, in his geeky, shy way. But Staff was so unlikeable! He turned out to be (view spoiler)
Marinieves Cordero
Burke Williams and Stafford Nelson meet on vacation. Burke is sent by his sister to the resort and Stafford is staying due to a cooking competition.

This is cute short story to start the series.
Goodreads Librari...: Trouble editing series for a title 3 22 Nov 27, 2013 08:15AM
  • Kiss and Makeup
  • In My Sights
  • Baby, Cuff Me One More Time
  • Safe
  • Disciplinary Action
EM Lynley writes gay erotic romance. She loves books where the hero gets the guy and the loving is 11 on a scale of 10. Her Precious Gems series is best described as “Indiana Jones meets Romancing the Stone”—only gayer. The Delectable series is Gay Romance with Taste.

A Rainbow Award winner and EPPIE finalist, EM has worked in high finance, high tech, and in the wine industry, though she'd rather
More about E.M. Lynley...

Delectable (8 books)
  • Brand New Flavor (Delectable, #1)
  • Lighting the Way Home (Delectable, #2)
  • An Intoxicating Crush (Delectable, #3)
  • Gingerbread Palace (Delectable #4)
  • An Extra Helping of Gingerbread (Delectable)
  • Spaghetti Western (Delectable #5)
  • 12 Courses (Delectable #6)