Start by marking “Die Illuminati-Papiere” as Want to Read:
Die Illuminati-Papiere

Die Illuminati-Papiere

Is history a vast conspiracy? A cosmic joke? Discover the truth - maybe - in the long-awaited new edition of Robert Anton Wilson's classic cult bestseller The Illuminati Papers. Created as a vehicle to amuse and enlighten, the story of the Illuminati has attracted devoted readers world-wide, who have found in it a perfect metaphor for our times. This edition has a new intr ...more
220 pages
Published October 6th 2002 by Rowohlt Taschenbuch Verlag GmbH (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Die Illuminati-Papiere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Illuminati-Papiere

Mark
May 19, 2015 Mark rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mondo-spybot
Say what you may about his "discipleship" of Aleister Crowley and Timothy Leary, Wilson was actually quite prescient about the role the NSA and other surveillance agencies might play in the future (now the present day) America. While laughably taken to be "paranoid rants" in the early 80's, it appears in hindsight that Mr. Wilson could somehow see the totalitarian future. This book does give you a few ideas as to how to reset your "mammalian programming" so that in most things social, you're mor ...more
David Schwan
Mostly wild conspiracy based speculation. The author did shine in the some of the books reviews included--in those there was a surprising amount of insight which made me look at the author being reviewed in a different light. Otherwise most of the book reads like bad stream of consciousness writings of a psychotic person.
Kevin Pinnell
Sep 11, 2016 Kevin Pinnell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A first-time reader of Robert Anton Wilson might be a little confused as to what is actually happening because this is a collection of essays and interviews. The essays are compiled by the aliases of the author from previous works, so a beginner might wonder, "Who are all of these strange people with strange biographies?"

If you are looking for some philosophical insight or a deconstruction of how we view the world through our ego-lenses, I hereby pronounce this book to be solid gold. If I had to
Matt
May 23, 2014 Matt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 14-2
****An Apology ***
(a la Socrates; a Defence; and a preliminary apology to Bob for having the pretense to write such a thing).

**Integral Theory & Ken Wilber is where I'm coming from, since I find that body of work most comphrehensive. seemingly absurd terms might very well be technical terms from that work.

R.A.W's 8 circuit model of consciousness, transmitted to him by none other then Timothy Leary, needs defending for a few reasons. 1) technical philosophers & scientists will at once se
Chris
Jun 22, 2008 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, blazing head-banger of an introduction to various aspects of RAW's thought, comprised of quick & discrete essays written pseudonymously, expanding on some of the themes from the Cosmic Trigger series and his other works like Prometheus Rising and Coincidance. I especially recommend "Ten Good Reasons to Get Out of Bed in the Morning" and "Coex! Coex! Coex!" (which further reinforces my belief that RAW was just as good a reader of James Joyce as many of the more canonical experts on J ...more
David
Jun 05, 2014 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was too short! As usual, Robert Anton Wilson fluctuates between a highly intelligent, very serious tone, and comical nonsense. But he always keeps you wondering, is it true?
Tobias
Aug 05, 2016 Tobias rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, occasionally illuminating supplement to RAW's loopier fiction. Particular good complement to SCT. His section on the RICH economy makes the whole book worthwhile.
Tasha
Sep 06, 2015 Tasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Poor RAW hasn't got far enough out of his own reality tunnel to quite grasp the nuance of feminism, but other then that it's a great pseudo philosophical exercise.
Jovany Agathe
One of my favorite book.. Thank you Bob..
Chelsea
Aug 30, 2007 Chelsea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been reading this book off and on since I got it at the beginning of 2006. I kept it in my car and when I went to have coffee or lunch somewhere and I didn't have homework, I'd pull it out and read one or two of the "articles".

In short, I loved it. All of it. I love this man and his thoughts. Its perfect blend of intellectual stimulii and dry, sardonic humor makes me want to SMI2LE. =)
Kaela Hildebrand
im really enjoying his clear statements that promote the importance of gaining intelligence. I also like that he changes ideas around each 30 pages or something. its nice to be fucked with and prodded at while being educated in a distant but such personal form.
Micelle Miseracorde
I read this years ago and can't remember much about it, other than it was the first I'd ever heard of Finnegan's Wake.
Blue Dogstar
Mar 21, 2013 Blue Dogstar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Learn to program yourself to realize your potential. A mindblowing book designed to make your think.
Will
Mar 13, 2010 Will rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
trying WAY too hard. not very funny and not very though provoking....bleh.
Chad Oldham
Dec 09, 2009 Chad Oldham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More great essays by RAW. coex!coex!coex! is worth the price of the whole book.
Julian
Feb 10, 2016 Julian rated it it was amazing
Awesome, as always. Another view on all those ideas of RAW
Leondis Jones
Apr 30, 2012 Leondis Jones rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of the stupidest books I ever read.
Alan Culler
Jan 05, 2008 Alan Culler rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Illuminatus theory...
Del
Dec 12, 2008 Del rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A cute, lighthearted book for those who loved the Illuminatus Trilogy and want it to go on. Borrow it from a library or a friend, unless you're a die-hard RAW fan.
Essi
Jan 15, 2014 Essi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
True RAW material.
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Estephan'E Coalhan
Estephan'E Coalhan marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Juan Tomas
Juan Tomas rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Sarah K
Sarah K marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2016
Claus Brinker
Claus Brinker rated it it was ok
Sep 18, 2016
Seon
Seon marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Matthew Risk
Matthew Risk marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Ivanco Sekulovski
Ivanco Sekulovski marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
  • The Deep Zoo
  • Sinister Forces-The Nine: A Grimoire of American Political Witchcraft
  • Incredibly Strange Music, Vol. One
  • Deep Politics and the Death of JFK
  • Leviathan (Illuminatus 3)
  • Principia Discordia ● Or ● How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her: The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger
  • What Is Man?
  • On Mysticism
  • The Secret Team: The CIA & its Allies in Control of the United States & the World
  • The Collected Writings Of Ambrose Bierce
  • The Various Lives of Keats and Chapman: Including The Brother
  • Our Right to Drugs: The Case for a Free Market
  • I Burn Paris

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Robert Anton Wilson became, at various times, an American novelist, essayist, philosopher, polymath, psychonaut, futurist, libertarian and self-described agnostic mystic. Recognized as an Episkopos, Pope, and Saint of Discordianism by Discordians who care to label him as such, Wilson helped publicize the group/religion/melee through his writings, interviews, and strolls.

He described his work as an
More about Robert Anton Wilson...

“It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.” 72 likes
“Anyone in the United States today who isn't paranoid must be crazy.” 66 likes