Die Illuminati-Papiere

Die Illuminati-Papiere

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  573 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Is history a vast conspiracy? A cosmic joke? Discover the truth - maybe - in the long-awaited new edition of Robert Anton Wilson's classic cult bestseller The Illuminati Papers. Created as a vehicle to amuse and enlighten, the story of the Illuminati has attracted devoted readers world-wide, who have found in it a perfect metaphor for our times. This edition has a new intr...more
220 pages
Published October 6th 2002 by Rowohlt Taschenbuch Verlag GmbH (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Die Illuminati-Papiere, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Die Illuminati-Papiere

Matt
****An Apology ***
(a la Socrates; a Defence; and a preliminary apology to Bob for having the pretense to write such a thing).

**Integral Theory & Ken Wilber is where I'm coming from, since I find that body of work most comphrehensive. seemingly absurd terms might very well be technical terms from that work.

R.A.W's 8 circuit model of consciousness, transmitted to him by none other then Timothy Leary, needs defending for a few reasons. 1) technical philosophers & scientists will at once se...more
Chris
A quick, blazing head-banger of an introduction to various aspects of RAW's thought, comprised of quick & discrete essays written pseudonymously, expanding on some of the themes from the Cosmic Trigger series and his other works like Prometheus Rising and Coincidance. I especially recommend "Ten Good Reasons to Get Out of Bed in the Morning" and "Coex! Coex! Coex!" (which further reinforces my belief that RAW was just as good a reader of James Joyce as many of the more canonical experts on J...more
David
This book was too short! As usual, Robert Anton Wilson fluctuates between a highly intelligent, very serious tone, and comical nonsense. But he always keeps you wondering, is it true?
Jovany Agathe
One of my favorite book.. Thank you Bob..
Chelsea
I have been reading this book off and on since I got it at the beginning of 2006. I kept it in my car and when I went to have coffee or lunch somewhere and I didn't have homework, I'd pull it out and read one or two of the "articles".

In short, I loved it. All of it. I love this man and his thoughts. Its perfect blend of intellectual stimulii and dry, sardonic humor makes me want to SMI2LE. =)
Kaela Hildebrand
im really enjoying his clear statements that promote the importance of gaining intelligence. I also like that he changes ideas around each 30 pages or something. its nice to be fucked with and prodded at while being educated in a distant but such personal form.
Micelle Miseracorde
I read this years ago and can't remember much about it, other than it was the first I'd ever heard of Finnegan's Wake.
Blue Dogstar
Learn to program yourself to realize your potential. A mindblowing book designed to make your think.
Will
trying WAY too hard. not very funny and not very though provoking....bleh.
Chad Oldham
More great essays by RAW. coex!coex!coex! is worth the price of the whole book.
Leondis Jones
This was one of the stupidest books I ever read.
Del
A cute, lighthearted book for those who loved the Illuminatus Trilogy and want it to go on. Borrow it from a library or a friend, unless you're a die-hard RAW fan.
Essi
True RAW material.
Blossom
Blossom marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Envuelto
Envuelto marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
  • Incredibly Strange Music, Vol. One
  • William S. Burroughs, Throbbing Gristle, Brion Gysin
  • Leviathan (Illuminatus 3)
  • What Is Man?
  • Undoing Yourself: With Energized Meditation and Other Devices
  • Principia Discordia, Or, How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her: The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger
  • A Child Again
  • The Eye in the Triangle: An Interpretation of Aleister Crowley
  • I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me: Emblems from the Pentagon's Black World
  • The Rise of the Fourth Reich: The Secret Societies That Threaten to Take Over America
  • The Book of the Unknown: Tales of the Thirty-six
  • Not-Knowing:  The Essays and Interviews of Donald Barthelme
  • Sex and Rockets: The Occult World of Jack Parsons
  • The Manufacture of Madness
  • Liber Kaos
  • The Holy Books of Thelema
  • Tastes of Paradise: A Social History of Spices, Stimulants, and Intoxicants
  • Silencing the Past: Power and the Production of History
Robert Anton Wilson became, at various times, an American novelist, essayist, philosopher, polymath, psychonaut, futurist, libertarian and self-described agnostic mystic. Recognized as an Episkopos, Pope, and Saint of Discordianism by Discordians who care to label him as such, Wilson helped publicize the group/religion/melee through his writings, interviews, and strolls.

He described his work as an...more
More about Robert Anton Wilson...
Prometheus Rising Schrödinger's Cat Trilogy (Schrödinger's Cat, #1-3) Cosmic Trigger: Die letzten Geheimnisse der Illuminaten oder An den Grenzen des erweiterten Bewusstseins Quantum Psychology: How Brain Software Programs You & Your World Masks of the Illuminati

“It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea.” 58 likes
“Anyone in the United States today who isn't paranoid must be crazy.” 53 likes