Start by marking “Video Kill” as Want to Read:
Video Kill

Video Kill

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  255 ratings  ·  55 reviews
It is the best script Erik Neilsen and Tony Rocca ever wrote. They call it Video Kill, a shocker about a psycho who videotapes beautiful actresses as he murders them. But when the killings really happen, Erik and Tony must race to keep the video killer from finding more victims!
Mass Market Paperback, 294 pages
Published March 1st 1989 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Video Kill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Video Kill

Terri
This was an excellent read. I suspected almost everyone and was close to the end before I knew who really did it. As much as I love Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swenson books she has a real flair for the more serious murder mysteries.
Amy
I am a fan of Joanne Fluke's Hannah Swensen series, so when I saw this one listed in the library's catalog, I thought I would give t a try. This is quite a bit different from the cozy mysteries I am used to reading from Fluke. This book was originally written in 1989 and then re-released in 2013.
I thought it was an interesting concept. A pair of screenwriters are trying to sell a screen play about a serial killer that videotapes the murders and leaves the tapes behind at the murder scenes. The s
Sheila Beaumont
I found this to be quite an entertaining read. The copyright date on it is 1989, so it was written before Ms. Fluke's Hannah Swensen culinary cozies, but apparently it was updated before this printing, as the characters use DVDs and flash drives.

The story may be too tame for those who enjoy serial-killer thrillers and too violent for those who read only traditional cozies. I enjoy the whole range of mystery/thriller fiction, from cozy to hard-boiled and action thrillers, so it worked out just fi
Aura
I picked this up at the library because I was looking for serial killer books from a women's POV and the back copy paints this book as being about two women investigating a helping catch a serial killer.

False. Advertising.

One of them doesn't show up until halfway through and the other is almost terminally stupid. Neither one could even generously be considered a main character. (ie. someone who drives the story) Really this book is about their husbands and it’s a darned good thing teh menz are
Kerry
This is a serial murder who is recreating Hitchcock scenes for each murder. At the same time, two film writers are trying to sell a movie idea with a similar premise. I really did not enjoy the book. I didn't find it very "thrilling" and it had a lot of corny dialogue. Plus the characters were kind of all over the place and no one was very likable. I will say that the murderer was actually unpredictable, it was definitely a twist at the end, but that didn't make up for the rest of the book.
Nancy
This wasn't the kind of murder mystery I have come to associate with Joanne Fluke, from her Hannah Swenson mysteries. I did go into this reading, knowing it wasn't going to be a cozy book, like the other Joanne fluke books I have read. This is a serial killer murder mystery. I read the Hannah Swenson books for something light, after reading a dark book.

The video killer is making movies of murders he is committing, that he has taken from Alfred Hichkcock movies. The author throw suspicion on two
Julie Barrett
Video Kill by Joanne Fluke
Wanted to read this book because I've read many other mystery/cooking books by her and loved them all.
This one is a lot different and deals with the movie industry. Learned so many background things by reading this book.
The real killer has photographed all the murders and now the movie industry is remaking them for the tv screen. Many of them are fashioned after Alfred Hitchcock shows.
Book follows Mr. Brother who is an accomplished person who films scenes-he also has a
Sarah Adamson
Wow - scary dark mystery from the author of so many great, light and fun cozies!!
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book and it is a lot darker than my usual reads. What a page turner and what fantastic twists!! I will definitely be reading more but will remember not to read them alone in the house - far too scary!
Great writing and wonderful relationship explorations.
Thanks Joanne for another great one!
Lauren Marlene Jones
This novel is well written, but disappointingly predictable at the end. Joanne Fluke has created a compelling set of characters and an intriguing story. The ending is a let-down because I could see it coming long before I got to it. Otherwise, I recommend this book for a lively and quick read, good for beach or travel reading.
Gerri Balter
I was very disappointed in this book. I knew it was not part of the Hannah Swensen series. I still hoped I would like it. I didn't. I was bored because the pace was too slow. I didn't care about any of the characters and I disliked the violence.
Allison
I found this to be a very captivating read. However, I knew who it was right from the beginning. Maybe I've watched too many Hitchcock films and watched too many episodes of Criminal Minds, but it seemed obvious. Didn't discourage me from finding out how everything went down, though!
Christie
Amazing book, so different from her Hannah series but so great. Could not put it down. It had me guessing the whole way through as to was the killer.
Geri
Pretty good. The lies Tony was telling everyone had me so stressed out. Everyone had there suspicions but no one would communicate. Ugh.
Pamela
I thought I knew "who did it" over a half dozen times. I had to keep changing it as the story unfolded. Sometimes back and forth.
LB
This is definitely a Joanne Fluke book... very wordy and descriptive with a thousand characters. It was a decent book, though very obvious who the killer was. A good idea. (view spoiler)
Janine
I enjoyed this novel. It is quite a departure from her 'Hannah' books.
Sherri
Feb 17, 2015 Sherri added it
Totally different than her Hannah Swensen Series. A good read !
Mary Dearden
Even though I like this author, this book was not believable at all.
Cindy
Real good for one of Fluke's earliest books. The story kept me turning the pages!
Susan
Totally unbelievable in virtually every plot line.
Corinna L. Swanson
Couldn't put it down!

I've read quite a few of Joanne Flukes books. This is by far the best! I can't wait to read Joanne's next book!
Arow
I was torn when rating this book. I really wanted to give it 3.5 stars as I loved the concept of the story and the characters were fun but I just felt that some portions of the story were over told while other parts I wanted to hear more about. I also didn't like how quickly the novel ended...so much time was spent building up the suspense of 'who done it' I just thought it was a bit anti-climactic.

But I love Joanne Fluke's writing style and the way you immediately understand the characters so t
Debbie Sato
Couple of interesting twists..
Amy Cox
This was just awful. She's written better books than this.
Cyndi
Great build up but the ending was too rushed.
Jeannette
It was very easy to spot the red herrings in this book but was still a good read.
Katie
This was a good thriller. I was looking forward to what I thought was a new book from a great cozy writer. This is not a cozy - this is a reprint of a book published in 1989. I get really annoyed when publishers do this. I had read it years ago but didn't recall the title and it said it was a May 2013 publication. While technically true I guess I don't think it was technically true - I prefer to spend my money on new books, not reprints of ones I have already read.
Kim
It was a good book.
Katey
When I read all of Joanne Fluke's dessert mysteries to date, I figured I would read everything she has written. This book came a long time before her dessert recipes, and it was different. A killer decides to kill off female actresses who look very much like the actresses in Hitchcock films. He has them reenact the murder scene of a specific film, and then he murders them the way he thought it should have been done. He has personality problems.
Cindy
I have loved Joanne Fluke's cozy mysteries. I could not wait to read her new book. I loved it! Someone was killing actresses by imitating Alfred Hitchcock movies. Actresses, screenwriters, the police detective and his ex-wife work together to solve the crime. I thought the characters were well developed, the plot was original, and the mystery moved fairly quickly. I would love to read another book in this series.

• Consequences
  • The Master and the Muses
  • Father's Day Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery, #10)
  • Playing God
  • A Counterfeit Betrothal/The Notorious Rake (Waite, #2-3)
  • Spirit Seeker
  • Murder of a Wedding Belle (A Scumble River Mystery, #12)
  • Night Resurrected (Envy Chronicles, #6)
  • Temporarily His Princess (Married by Royal Decree, #1)
  • A Promise for Miriam (The Pebble Creek Amish, #1)
  • Invisible Sun (Hell's Cross, #2)
  • Sinner's Heart (The Hellraisers, #3)
  • Anything but Sweet (Sweet, Texas, #1)
  • The Complete Diabetes Organizer: Your Guide to a Less Stressful and More Manageable Diabetes Life
  • The Official Zombie Handbook- The Ministry of Zombies
  • The Wanting Heart
  • Sweet Little Lies
  • When Good Bras Go Bad (Myrtle Crumb, #2)
Like Hannah Swensen, Joanne Fluke grew up in a small town in rural Minnesota where her neighbors were friendly, the winters were fierce, and the biggest scandal was the spotting of unidentified male undergarments on a young widow's clothesline. She insists that there really are 10,000 lakes and the mosquito is NOT the state bird.

While pursuing her writing career, Joanne has worked as: a public sch
More about Joanne Fluke...
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) Fudge Cupcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #5) Strawberry Shortcake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #2) Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #8) Blueberry Muffin Murder (Hannah Swensen, #3)