Start by marking “Heart of Slate” as Want to Read:
Heart of Slate

Heart of Slate (Love is Always Write)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  142 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Dear Author,
He's had a hard road, recovering from a painful drug addiction, and has found the best way to put his worries behind him is riding his beat up Suzuki motocross bike through the red Georgia mud. He doesn't realize that his new best friend Danny appreciates more about him than the way he jumps dirt piles and races him through the trails. And he'd never admit-- ev
Published June 2nd 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Heart of Slate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heart of Slate

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Jun 21, 2012 Bubbles Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions rated it really liked it
Shelves: free, m-m
Really cute. Wish it had been a little more flushe out. Kind of jumpy at end.

It's like an apple sundae. We have the carved out apple but are missing the delicious ice cream filler. We get a gist of the story, the healthy apple but what I really wanted was the sweet filling (longer and more detailed)

I'm really tired maybe I shouldn't try to make deep analogies

What happens when these guys have their first fight? The mc doesn't seem like he'll be able to handle it. yeah I want more
Arthur
Jun 21, 2012 Arthur rated it it was amazing

I really enjoyed this story. Aaron was a drug-addict that resorted to all kind of things ((view spoiler) to pay for a fix. Yet, we were not served with angst fest which I don't doubt in the hands of some m/m authors would have been. Not to say that he didn't have a breakdown episode, because he did. Yet, it's not dragged. Both MCs are sympathetic characters who have traumatic experience and being with each others is good for them.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*
Sweet short.
I liked the addiction aspect and the friends to lovers theme.
The gfy sort of went off without even a hiccup, but that's ok i guess.
Monique ~ Sinfully
Aug 23, 2012 Monique ~ Sinfully rated it really liked it
Review to come...
Ami
Jun 21, 2012 Ami rated it liked it
While it's nice that Aaron's 'dark days' are not written in details (as sometimes do in this type of story, to milk out emotion), but I'm bored easily when it seems that after Aaron discovers his attraction to Danny, it all just leads to sex.

The GFY is going smoothly and suddenly there's the happily ever after. It's a common thing to read, and for me it's easily forgettable among all of those other stories with similar friends-to-lovers theme.
Sandra

FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Four.

This was so sweet and cute! I was thinking the ending was going to be too quick and unsatisfying, but the way they jumped ahead a little in time and the end made it so we could get a HEA and not just a HFN. Things went very smoothly considering it was a gfy from Aaron's perspective, but I didn't mind the lack of angst. And considering how amazing and supportive Danny was, I though it was appropriate, that one scene had me tearing
Katy Beth Mckee
May 25, 2015 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Aaron is finding happiness with his friendship with Danny until he looses his good luck charm. It really throws him but Danny comes through and he finds out that somethings are better than a good luck charm.
Courtney
Jan 06, 2016 Courtney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Alright. So, the writing was fine, but the diologue just didn't do it for me. The saving grace of this story was Aaron's background. I liked learning about all of his struggles and I was definitely rooting for him to overcome them. His love for Danny wasn't super apparent from the short story, but this probably could have been really good if it was longer.
Penumbra
A short gay-for-you fic between two motorcross riders, Aaron a recovering drug addict and Danny who's gay. Danny supports Aaron at an emotional low point and their relationship grows from there.

The one point I had trouble with was a negative flashback that Aaron had with a drug dealer as Aaron was going to give a blowjob to Danny. But then Aaron quickly recovers from the emotional damage of the previous incident and is able to complete the act with Danny. I find it hard to believe Aaron had such
Otterpuss
Aug 12, 2015 Otterpuss rated it it was ok
A cute story but hardly any back story or character description.
Lila Hunter
A really sweet story. Lots of potential for a full lenght novel.
GlamLawyer
Sep 15, 2014 GlamLawyer rated it really liked it
Beautifully written and so good... :)
Wendy Ann
A beautiful story of demons conquered, friendship and love! You can’t help but feel the “awww” factor come out during this story – it had such a feel good element to it when Aaron and Danny bonded over past trouble, Danny came to Aaron’s rescue when he needed it most, and mutual attraction flared to a warm and cozy outcome. Not too much angst – really just right! Loved it:)
Davina
Sep 01, 2012 Davina rated it really liked it
simply sweet for a short story. sometimes its the littlest things that keeps us together when one's fighting to overcome a rough life. or someone doing something that lets one see beyond and accept changes for the better.
Kallie
Sep 24, 2013 Kallie rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars...I took a half off out of pure selfishness because the story ended. How dare you play with my heart author!! :-) Kidding.
Nova
A lovely short story about best friends becoming lovers!

I liked the first part more than the second. :)
Melanie~~
Sep 05, 2014 Melanie~~ rated it it was amazing
Very good. Really enjoyed the strength and intensity of this story and the beginning of this relationship.
garnetyuna
This story was so sweet.
Victoria
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
3.5 - Short and sweet :) Thank you Trinity Lee, for donating your time and talent.
Aug 31, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Cute story. Not enough depth and character building to get me really invested tho.
Marolyn
Jun 11, 2012 Marolyn rated it really liked it
Really sweet story, thanks
Kindle Alexander
Jul 24, 2012 Kindle Alexander rated it really liked it
I'm a fan!
Brittney Bower
Brittney Bower rated it really liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Rita Gilbert
Rita Gilbert marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
  • Stay With Me
  • Heartstrings
  • Screwing the System - online short
  • Lead Us Not
Trinity Lee started off reading and writing slash fiction. Her weakness for bad boys on motorbikes began when she read SE Hinton's The Outsiders as a teenager. She now lives at the beach and divides her time between working as a computer programmer and writing erotic romance.
More about Trinity Lee...

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 147 books)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • Magick's Cucumber
  • For Those Who Wait
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Soulmates
  • With This Ring
  • Predators
  • Roses in the Devil's Garden (Fallen Rose, #1)
  • Time Enough