Bob Knight: The Unauthorized Biography

Bob Knight: The Unauthorized Biography

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Brilliant, intimidating, charming, or profane, Coach Bob Knight is an enduring contradiction who has long fascinated and repelled basketball fans, for whom he has provided as much to dislike as to respect. "Bob Knight: The Unauthorized Biography" is the first comprehensive biography of Knight, one of the most successful and controversial coaches in the history of American...more
Hardcover
Published February 7th 2006 by Simon & Schuster

Glenn Stern
There are several books about Knight, including the classic "season on the brink" and Knight's own rose-colored autobiography. This version is probably my favorite. The authors did alot of research and talked to even obscure former players, and the result is a book with many new insights into the coaching legend. Who knew that Pat Knight told his teammate and friend Pat Graham off, after Graham refused to support Texas Tech.

The only remaining book on Knight needs to be written by his first wife...more
Mike Dargan
After 35 years of following Bob Knight's career, I've discovered that while he's a bully, liar, and, according Zang Auerbach, "an asshole," his friends and supervisors are worse. Craven cowards, sycophants, spineless, etc. How can a University president allow himself to intimidated by a coach? Anyway, time to move on.

My barber gave me this book the last time I was in for a haircut. I have to return it in the morning and he'll probably have his own assessment for me.
Mike
First book I've read on Knight, so I learned a lot. I agree with one of the reviews I read that this book does a good job of compiling from previous bios and articles, and updating the story through his first few years at Texas Tech. But the writing's not "great," and if I was more motivated I'd read Feinstein to get more of the story and more analysis.
Ismael Schonhorst
Ismael Schonhorst marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Mcclure
Mcclure marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Mckinley Melson
Mckinley Melson marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2014
Warrior
Warrior marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Jon
Jon added it
Apr 19, 2013
Avery Birchard
Avery Birchard marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Enrique Del Castillo
Enrique Del Castillo marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2013
Candi
Candi marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2012
Ms. Dalbec
Ms. Dalbec marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2012
Lostoctave
Lostoctave marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Dbasch17
Dbasch17 marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2011
Da Bears!: How the 1985 Monsters of the Midway Became the Greatest Team in NFL History Talking Irish: The Oral History of Notre Dame Football If I Knew Then What I Know Now-- So What? True Blue: The Dramatic History of the Los Angeles Dodgers, Told by the Men Who Lived It The Fire Inside: Firefighters Talk About Their Lives