Start by marking “For Love and Honor” as Want to Read:

3.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  62 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Three military heroes . . . fighting to protect their countries, their homes, and the women they love.

For Love and Honor

In New York Times bestselling author Cathy Maxwell's The Bookish Miss Nelson, it's the duty of daring Army Captain William Duroy to escort Miss Pippa Nelson through enemy territory, bringing her safely home to England. But can he resist falling in love?

In
Published June 5th 2012 by Avon Books (first published May 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about For Love and Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Love and Honor

Amy
May 17, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
FOR LOVE AND HONOR, an anthology featuring works by Cathy Maxwell, Lynne Hinton, and Candis Terry is a touching tribute to all those who have ever worn a uniform or ever will. It's a thank you that will touch your heart and have you wishing to extend your thanks to every man or woman in uniform. I read all three stories plus the excerpts for these three authors' other works in one evening.

Reading THE BOOKISH MISS NELSON by Cathy Maxwell was like reading a teaser, a teaser that left me wanting mo
Pam
May 29, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it
This book is a collection of three stories about military men and those that love them. Cathy Maxwell writes about an English captain fighting in Regency England and the woman that captures his heart while transporting her back to England. Lynne Hinton's story takes place in Pie Town, the small town that is featured in her Pie Town series. A hometown boy is in a hospital in Germany recovering from injuries and the town that supports him. And Candis Terry’s story about a solder coming home for go ...more
Dottie
Jun 05, 2012 Dottie rated it really liked it
Three entertaining and timely tales! Taken from my review at RomanceJunkies.com:

The Bookish Miss Nelson by Cathy Maxwell

Miss Pippa Nelson is used to traveling with her father, a general, and acting as his hostess whenever she is needed. However, her father has left her at Wellington’s headquarters while he goes off on a mission, without leaving her any instructions on how she is to proceed.
With danger approaching, her father sends Captain William Duroy, as a means of punishment, to escort her t
A Tasty Read Book Reviews

All of these novellas are about the "Real" heroes who fight everyday, and give their lives to keep us safe. I say that is enough to want to grab this one up, well, the handsome officers in the stories help a little!!

I
Maura
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by JoAnne
Book provided by Edelweiss for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

This was an anthology that was a salute to the military. The three authors each wrote a story that had someone who was in the military or had served in the military at its core.

The stories were very different and my favorite was Home Sweet Home by Candis Terry. Least favorite was Letters From Pie Town by Lynne Hinton.

Home Sweet Home seemed most realistic to me in its approach. I loved how the tow
Susan

Good story. William and his men are in trouble for fighting so as punishment they are assigned to escort Pippa to Lisbon so she can be returned to England. He is not happy since it's possible he will miss the coming battle. Pippa is not happy sinc
Lisarenee
May 30, 2012 Lisarenee rated it liked it
This is an anthology containing three different short stories (novellas) about men in arms. Perfect timing with its release being right around Memorial Day. I'll break it down into three parts then give an overall rating to the anthology.

THE BOOKISH MISS NELSON by Cathy Maxwell
Historical Fiction - 1812

"You are hot-headed, Duroy. An officer under my command controls his temper. I want level heads around me. So, I'm going to have you cool your heels by undertaking a special mission." Medford place
Jun 24, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
Book rating (average of three stories)= 3 stars

The Bookish Miss Nelson by Cathy Maxwell
3 stars
I bought this anthology for Cathy Maxwell alone and while I enjoyed the short story, I think it would've been even better as a full length novel.

Letters From Pie Town by Lynne Hinton
Not generally a fan of epistolary style stories and this one didn't let you close to the characters.

Home Sweet Home by Candis Terry
Very good story...I loved the surprise aspect of the story.
Kathryn
Mar 17, 2016 Kathryn rated it it was ok
read just Cathy Maxwell
Sandy
May 15, 2012 Sandy rated it liked it
The only redeeming part of this book is the novella by Candis Terry. The first two stories were flat and boring, but I really enjoyed the story by Terry. I am looking forward to reading more by this author. Glad I picked up some of her books recently!
Carrie Felton
Jun 13, 2013 Carrie Felton rated it liked it
I like the message but the stories were not all up to par
The first story is AWESOME! Five Stars!
The second story isn't even a story. no stars. i couldn't even read it.
The third story was good but really fast and a little bit silly. four stars.
JoAnne
Jun 30, 2012 JoAnne rated it liked it
For my review on Romancing-the-Book.com click on the link below:

Mary
May 16, 2012 Mary rated it liked it
You can read my take here.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
The rating is for Candis Terry's short story "Home Sweet Home". Very happy we got Aiden and Paige's story!
Maria Proctor
Maria Proctor marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Jennifer Crampton
Jennifer Crampton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
iva
iva added it
May 04, 2016
*Jill*
*Jill* marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Lorann
Lorann rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2016
Jalaxa
Jalaxa added it
Mar 31, 2016
Sheila Reid
Sheila Reid marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Sandra Mcavoy
Sandra Mcavoy marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
CATHY MAXWELL spends hours in front of her computer pondering the question, "Why do people fall in love?" It remains for her the mystery of life and the secret to happiness.

She lives in beautiful Virginia with her children, horses, dogs, and cats.
More about Cathy Maxwell...