Start by marking “Sex and Drugs: A Journey Beyond Limits” as Want to Read:
Sex and Drugs: A Journey Beyond Limits

Sex and Drugs: A Journey Beyond Limits

Both Sex And Drugs are fascinating and dangerous subjects in these times. First published by Playboy Press, Sex And Drugs is the definitive work on this important and controversial topic. "Here is a Genius with a Gee!" Brian Aldiss, The Guardian.
Published April 1st 1988 by New Falcon Publications (USA) (first published 1973)

To ask other readers questions about Sex and Drugs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sex and Drugs

Nick Black
Mar 23, 2008 Nick Black rated it it was ok
Robert Anton Wilson's cred is beyond my humble reach, but let's admit it: this book was thrown together to capitalize on the title. The best thing about both sex and drugs is: they're really, really easy. I wish we had another Illuminatus! instead. :/
Michael
Sep 28, 2012 Michael rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sociology students, legalization advocates, law students
Recommended to Michael by: RAW
I first read this while I was still in High School, I believe, and I would have given it at least one more star at the time. An older and more experienced person reads it today with sort of a tolerant smile, and occasional nods at how right or wrong Wilson's predictions have been, but it still has some interest.

This was Wilson's first published book, through Playboy Press, at a time when writing and editing for Playboy was his full-time job. It wasn't especially successful, nor even as controver
Bradley Bacci
Jan 02, 2014 Bradley Bacci rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful RAW read. Leave it to Bob to write an intellectual account of mystical drug use during sexual practices throughout the course of history, while simultaneously building a timeless thesis between the lines. During his chronicling of occult sexual practices and drug use, Wilson interjects personal accounts of some of his acquaintances drug experiences (though he neglects to share any of his own) during the 60's, and these stories provide a nice break from the density of drug lingo ...more
Paul
Nov 10, 2011 Paul rated it liked it
Written in the 1970s, but still sounds fresh. Case studies intersperses the main text dealing with various types of drug and their relationship to concious expansion. Plenty of cross-referencing, as usual, but Leary and Crowley feature the most.
Geoff Gander
Jan 24, 2014 Geoff Gander rated it really liked it
A fascinating overview of the history of the role of drugs in human society, and its linkage with mysticism.
Matthew
Apr 30, 2009 Matthew rated it really liked it
How could I not pick up this book and buy it and read it as a 17 year old. It's actually very informative for anyone who is thinking of trying either (or both at the same time).
Jordan Fitzgerald
Dec 14, 2015 Jordan Fitzgerald rated it it was amazing
The first RAW book that I ever read. It had such a profound impact on me that I quit being a fundamentalist.
Jack Brookes
Jack Brookes rated it it was ok
Oct 15, 2012
Phillippa
Phillippa rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2016
Ian
Ian rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2008
gepr
gepr rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Charity
Charity rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2011
Ray
Ray rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2008
Todd Leonhardt
Todd Leonhardt rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2015
Travis
Travis rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2007
Zach
Zach rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2013
Sean Michael
Sean Michael rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2013
Dada Vinci
Dada Vinci rated it it was amazing
Nov 10, 2010
Alishine
Alishine rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2009
James Porrazzo
James Porrazzo rated it it was amazing
Dec 24, 2012
Brian Blessinger
Brian Blessinger rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2008
Todd
Todd rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2013
Elguapo
Elguapo rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2008
Jason Calsyn
Jason Calsyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2010
Allan
Allan rated it liked it
Jan 10, 2014
David
David rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2007
Jim
Jim rated it really liked it
May 20, 2012
Pfayn
Pfayn rated it really liked it
Oct 06, 2010
Moonelf Frassers
Moonelf Frassers rated it it was amazing
May 29, 2016
Marc
Marc rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2008
  • Neuropolitique
  • The Eye in the Triangle: An Interpretation of Aleister Crowley
  • Simulations of God: The Science of Belief
  • Leviathan (Illuminatus 3)
  • Gandhi: A Very Short Introduction
  • Renaissance Self-Fashioning: From More to Shakespeare
  • The Happiness of Pursuit: What Neuroscience Can Teach Us About the Good Life
  • Sex and Rockets: The Occult World of Jack Parsons
  • The Evolutionary Mind: Conversations on Science, Imagination & Spirit
  • Principia Discordia ● Or ● How I Found Goddess and What I Did to Her When I Found Her: The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger
Robert Anton Wilson became, at various times, an American novelist, essayist, philosopher, polymath, psychonaut, futurist, libertarian and self-described agnostic mystic. Recognized as an Episkopos, Pope, and Saint of Discordianism by Discordians who care to label him as such, Wilson helped publicize the group/religion/melee through his writings, interviews, and strolls.

He described his work as an
More about Robert Anton Wilson...