Start by marking “Zombie Zora (Zora Baker #1)” as Want to Read:
Zombie Zora (Zora Baker #1)

Zombie Zora (Zora Baker #1)

19-year-old Zora Baker lives in an era after a zombie virus has infected the world. It is more of a coming of age story than a zombie story although zombies are prevalent throughout the story. The story centers on young Zora and her fellow army buddies (a survivor rescue team) who after separating from their squad are now on an adventure to reunite with them and her ...more
Paperback, 1, 223 pages
Published May 10th 2012 by Createspace (first published April 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zombie Zora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zombie Zora

Kami
May 09, 2012 Kami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This wasnt too bad of a zombie book. There was pleanty of action and and even a little "romance later on. Well maybe romance isnt the right word, maybe "nookie" would be a better term.

In the beginning I didnt like Zora all that much. She froze when she was really needed, and then she was annoying and irritated me. Later I liked her better. She is extremely strong willed and often asked questions or pushed her advantage when she was supposed to fall in line. Part of me cheered her on another part
Lori
May 17, 2012 Lori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good solid debut novel. Also a solid zombie novel. Zora was a strong female lead that wasn't unbelievable. She froze in action sometimes and she wasn't a supermodel. Just an average girl that kills zombies. The writing was good but could be a little choppy at times. The zombies were real zombies (always a plus for me) and there was a little romance and plenty of surviving and death to go around.
Neal
Oct 10, 2012 Neal rated it really liked it
I think zora zombie is a great well thought through book. The writer uses foreshadowing to establish intrigue and suspense well and avoids a mechanical plot. The plot line is direct first person so we are little parallel activity which enrich the book, but Zora's perspective is interesting and her character is nicely developed as are many of the others.
She began her role as a soldier before the story starts and we Seeger identity develop as the book progresses.
Nice setup with interesting quest
Genie
Sep 18, 2012 Genie rated it really liked it
Zora is a very tough girl that is trying to survive in a zombie infested world. The book was pretty full of action and fast paced. Zora gets separated from her little brother and has to fight her way back to him. Small (tiny) romance or maybe that's to big of a word for what it was.... More like hook up, but hey in a world where zombies could eat you for lunch how much of an attachment should you form with someone, right? Either way it was an enjoyable read:-)
Carlie
Aug 28, 2012 Carlie rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombielovin
I enjoyed this zombie book. Zora was a challenge to say the least. Sometimes I loved her and sometimes I wanted to strangle her. Her sidekicks of Brittany and Jones were outstanding. I loved these two most. The story was enjoyable. I finished it and look forward to the next.
Faye
Sep 04, 2012 Faye rated it really liked it
Shelves: apocalypse-now
Really liked this zombie packed novel. Plenty of action and gore to satisfy all zombie apocalypse fiction lovers. Looking forward to the next in the series.
Kim
Jul 15, 2012 Kim rated it it was amazing
I downloaded this book and read it at one sitting.. dreams were full of zombies! What more could you want from a zombie book???!!!??

Nathan
Feb 18, 2013 Nathan rated it really liked it
This book caught me completely off guard. With most other zombie books and short stories I have read the author assumes you know just about everything to do with "their" zombies. That can leave a bit of confusion as you go, wanting to go back a few times to try and figure it our, or just settling with lack of know. This book however leads you through that mystery, as if you are there right along side Zora as she discovers the mysteries in her new world. Her escapade to get back to her brother ...more
Shelley Deuso
Apr 29, 2013 Shelley Deuso rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. I like that this book is a zombie type and is also from the viewpoint of people in the military and not people running from the military which seems to happen often in these types of stories. I absolutely cannot wait to start the next in the series. I hope the second is as great as the first. I also recommend for anyone who loves reading about the whole apocalyptic stuff like myself.
Nycole
Apr 10, 2013 Nycole rated it really liked it
One of the better self published type books I have read. Very minor editing/spelling errors (a rarity). Liked the main character, Zora, but found the Zee Zee aspect a bit much at times, but I guess that is similar to life...you don't usually like everyone ALL the time. Looking forward to reading more.
Sue Williams
May 04, 2013 Sue Williams rated it really liked it
This was a great read I couldn't stop.had to continue right up to the end.if your into end of the world mixed in the zombies then this is the book.
Casey Harvell
Sep 05, 2013 Casey Harvell rated it it was amazing
Great zombie filled novel. The characters were great and realistic, and the story action packed. I will undoubtedly be finishing the rest of the series.
chucklesthescot
Zora has become part of an army zombie fighting unit which conflicts with her desire to protect her younger brother, the only surviving member of her family. When their army base is overrun in a coordinated night attack, they are forced to flee in trucks, aware that the zombies are now able to plan and ambush. Now the scattered survivors need to get to a secure army base and safety.

I didn't care much one way or the other for Zora but I didn't hate her or anything. She failed as a soldier by cont
Stephanie Lunsford
Oct 05, 2013 Stephanie Lunsford rated it it was amazing
Shelves: zombie-books
I thought this book was very good! It has plenty of action in it as well as life experiences in it. This book is about a Regular teenager & her little brother going through a zombie filled world. It takes place 2 yrs after the ZA happened. Simon & Zee get seperated w/the promise to find one another again. That's Zee's biggest goal. along the way she makes friends & enemies that may not have really been an enemy at all. She finds that it's not just killing zombies but you need to live ...more
April
Jul 29, 2016 April rated it liked it
Your life is turned upside down by the world ending. What do you do? Join the army? thats what zora does but when things really change and her brother and her are seperated it all becomes about living. Zora takes on anything anywhere and everywhere to get to her brother, the one thing still living in this world that means everything to her. What are zombies? do they actually have intelligence? how do they survive? So many questions so few answers. Zora must move on she must follow her orders to ...more
Kevin
May 19, 2013 Kevin rated it did not like it
I won this book in a giveaway quite a while ago and was excited I finally got around to reading it, seeing as I love zombie books. Trust me when I say don't read this. At first I tried telling myself there was something that could be fixed beneath it all but the constant tense changes, sometimes in the same sentence, among other things turned me off from this book. Next came very blatant sexism. Also a girl that SPOILER falls for her abusers... That's right, twice. I had to force myself to ...more
Jackie
Aug 24, 2014 Jackie rated it liked it
I am a hardcore Zombie fan and have read plenty of zombie novels. This was an interesting concept and story line. It read pretty smoothly and was somewhat enjoyable. What really threw me off was the typos I got when I read the book. I'm not sure if it was because of the version I got because I downloaded it from Amazon,but I caught at least 2 words that were off and clearly meant another word. But overall it was a goodread. I would be interested in reading the second to pick up where the book ...more
Julie Baswell
Aug 14, 2013 Julie Baswell rated it really liked it
This was a good take on a zombie apocalypse world. The only problem I had with it was how the characters' personalities would just become opposite what they were to begin with, and with no apparent reasons.
Melissa
Jan 22, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
Shelves: read-kindle
I really enjoyed the zombies and the action of fighting them but the characters I found a bit irritating.

If you enjoy zombie novels you'll enjoy that part of the novel but if you're more about the way characters behave/interact during a zombie Apocalypse you may be disappointed.
Melissa
Apr 06, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
Love the story and the characters - but most of all LOVE the strong female lead. This is a great book and I am left wanting more - can't wait to read the next book.
Dea
Dea rated it liked it
Oct 05, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
May 27, 2013
Mariya Basit
Mariya Basit rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2015
Lauren Sigala
Lauren Sigala rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2014
Shana Soto
Shana Soto rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2014
Brett
Brett rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Kelli
Kelli rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Lynne Akers
Lynne Akers rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2013
John Powe
John Powe rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2015
sheldon dixon
sheldon dixon rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Waiting to Die ~ A Zombie Novel
  • The Hungry (The Hungry #1)
  • RIZEN: Tales of the Zombie Apocalypse
  • Sunrise (The Daylight Cycle, #2)
  • Valley Of Death, Zombie Trailer Park
  • Cure (Strandville Zombie Series, #1)
  • After (The Phoenix Curse, #1)
  • Zombie Apocalypse
  • Rise of the Horde
  • Year One (Living with the Dead #1-2)
  • Zombie Tales: Primrose Court Apt. 305
  • Zombie Rehab (Impact, #2)
  • They Walk (They Walk, #1)
  • Brothers in Arms (The Becoming #1.5)
  • Sven the Zombie Slayer
  • Dead Nations' Army Book One: Code Flesh
  • The Unwashed Dead (Zombie Armageddon #1)
  • Solstice: A Novel of the Zombie Apocalypse

R.G. Richards is a lifelong Missourian who writes Fantasy/Paranormal/Romance novels. I was an enthusiastic reader of tales of foreign lands (China, Japan, Hong Kong), most of which were “borrowed” from my father’s private collection—a big James Clavell fan (Noble House,Shogun). These faraway tales provided the fertile ground which produced a rich imagination capable of spinning strange and unique
More about R.G. Richards...

Zora Baker (4 books)
  • Zombie Invasion (Zora Baker, #2)
  • Kill Happy (Zora Baker, #3)
  • Zombie Eden (Zora Baker, #4)