Start by marking “Kiss and Makeup” as Want to Read:
Kiss and Makeup

Read Book

Kiss and Makeup (Love is Always Write)

Dear Author,
Ted is a special effects make-up artist who hopes to win an Oscar for his work on a big budget sci-fi movie. He spends four hours each morning transforming action-hero superstar Lenny Golden into an alien warlord. His greatest achievement would be to transform Lenny into his lover before filming ends.

This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's "
Published June 30th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Kiss and Makeup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss and Makeup

Posted at Hearts on Fire Reviews

Len Golden is a famous actor. Ted Aaronson is a make-up artist. His latest job is to get Len ready for an upcoming sci-fi movie. Ted knew Len from 10 years before when he was still Lenny Goldberger and only acted in high school plays. Ted was a geek who was positive no one noticed him.

As the two men fall in love with each other, old doubts and insecurities resurface and Ted soon realizes that even famous actors are not always as sure of themselves as they appear t
Ted is a special effects make-up artist, now the proud recipient of an Oscar nomination. His current work is with the superhot movie star, Lenny Golden. Ted and Lenny first met ten years ago, and though Ted has had a crush on Lenny since then, he would have never expected it to be returned.

A little misunderstanding at the beginning, but otherwise an uncomplicated story. It was okay.
Richard Derus
May 18, 2013 Richard Derus rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.9* of five

The Book Report: A novella of love found, opportunity grabbed, and cute nebbish nabs heartthrob for a happily ever after.

Ted is the makeup artist you want for your f/x heavy film. He's 27, he's gay, he's peaking...and he's alone in life.

Len is the actor you want for your action flick. He's 29, he's a wall of muscle, and mirabile dictu he can oh man can he act, as Ted's about to find out.

These boys met cute 10 years before, in regional theatre, and being clueless tee
Shira Anthony
Jun 13, 2012 Shira Anthony added it  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't tell you what a blast I had writing this story! I spent some time researching Hollywood makeup techniques before I started writing. So cool. I watched a bunch of episodes of "Face Off," a ton of YouTube vids, and read lots of articles about making prosthetics and even using a straight razor. (Yes, a straight edge razor can be DAMN sexy!) The character of Ted is loosely based on a contestant on "Face Off," - I'll let you guess which one.

Who'd have thought slathering blue silicone goo over
[image error]

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Five.

This was a really a sweet and simple short story. The author did a great job of incorporating the picture and it was enjoyable to read, had me smiling with Ted's little nerdy insecurities even though we could tell Len was really into him. The only complaint is that there was a HUGE time jump that distances you a little from the characters since there's such a big growth and change in their relationship th
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Simple. Cute. Short. Free.

It's a simple feel good story with some nice characters. I probably would have liked it more of it was longer. I'm not a fan of Long time jumps (view spoiler)
This was such a sweet story and the sex scenes were real hot. Lenny is a big star, Ted is the makeup guy for a sci fi movie. They meet when Ted is doing Len's makeup and, well, I can't say more without spoiling it. But Ted thinks Len's straight, so he doesn't expect anything to happen. It's an easy read and of course I wish there were more. It has a sweet ending, too.
A Girl Has No Name
A sweet short read about Ted - a make up artist for movie productions - and Lenny - a famous actor. Ted and Lenny have met several years ago, when Ted was still a shy and withdrawn emo kid. The young make-up artist is sure that Lenny can't remember him, but the moment he sees Lenny again he realizes that he still has the hots for the beautiful actor. Working on his very extravagant make-up, Ted is constantly touching Lenny and he is desperatly trying to hide his attraction. Contrary to Ted's bel ...more
Jan 29, 2016 Otterpuss rated it liked it
This was an alright read. Nothing special and a tad on the unbelievable side but ok.
Pamela Su
Mar 19, 2014 Pamela Su rated it really liked it
Amusing short story about a Hollywood makeup artist and movie star. It was a pretty hot pairing.

I just found it a bit weird to have Len be possibly up for an Oscar for what sounds like a sci-fi movie.
Dec 27, 2012 Natalija rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Absolutely wonderful, and the plot was new and refreshing! I'll definitely be checking out other books by the author.
Kim Alan
Jul 11, 2012 Kim Alan rated it really liked it
This was sweet and yummy. I really liked how Lenny remained so boyish and unspoiled despite his huge success.
Jul 01, 2012 Virginia rated it really liked it
This was adorable! Love hot guys and geeks stories. Very well done short for the LIAW event.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Jul 05, 2012 Cecilia Rodriguez rated it really liked it
Great feel good story. Very sweet.
Oct 19, 2016 Ayanna rated it really liked it
This was adorable and sweet and I really liked it and it was great and stuff.

There was one part that seemed really oddly phrased, though. When Ted was stripping, there was all this...suspense-y ominous-y stuff built up, for some reason, and when he dropped trou, I kind of scrolled back and reread and reread trying to figure out what the big deal was. I had some pretty weird thoughts running through my head, like "OMG IS HE A EUNUCH? Not that there's anything wrong with eunuchs. Wait, it might ju
Bettye Kanady
Dec 04, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it liked it
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
Kiss and Makeup; well, since this book centers around Ted, a makeup artist in Hollywood, and Len, an "A-List" actor, I was sure there was going to be some fisticuffs involved in this story. Not huge damaging limbs or anything, but a definite argument or two. I mean, what happens in a fight with your lover, you "kiss and makeup" with really hot sex, right? Well, this story isn't really like that at all! Ted is the best makeup man in Hollywood and is increasingly distracted with the current "A-lis ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Now this is a sweet story. It's a cute guy coming out of the closet in a big way. The sex between the two men were smexy and easy to read. Lenny falling for Ted was expected and the way he came out was not all too surprising, but gutsy.

I'm still from a personal perspective confused why it is such a big to do about a person's sexual preference. I don't think it makes them any less or more of a person. Even if I guy is gay, I can still appreciate his sexy body and his abilities. It's sad to see th
Katy Beth Mckee
Ted has had a crush for years but it seems Len doesn't know he's alive.
Lila Hunter
A nice sweet story.
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Mar 14, 2016 Les Chroniques Aléatoires rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Alors que dire sur cette nouvelle ? Elle est bien écrite, très courte (normal : c’est une nouvelle !) et surtout qu’elle est mignonne comme tout.

En cinq chapitre, on apprends sur les deux protagonistes, leur relation, et le comment ils finissent ensemble. Simple, rapide et efficace. Vraiment j’ai adoré la tournure de l’histoire et le final. Un moment j’ai même pensé que Len (l’acteur méga célèbre) tendais un piège à Ted (le maquilleur) mais finalement non. J’ai bien été surprise par cela.
May 06, 2015 Arlyn rated it really liked it
I liked this short story by Shira Anthony. A good thing since I entered a few of her books into challenges before I was even familiarized with her writing style. Hot sex scenes!

Len and Ted were fun and charming. Len was a surprise and very likeable. Ted was cute, relatively in awe of the gorgeous superstar from the beginning!

By the way, both Ted and Lenny were right about the bagels! Cream cheese, lox, capers and onions, the only way to go! (Bring some breath mints though...)
Jul 22, 2012 Cindi rated it really liked it
Of the Love is Always Write stories I have read so far, this is one of my faves. I only had one issue with it and it's the same issue that others had as well (view spoiler). It didn't hurt the story as a whole but it did make me drop my rating from 5 stars to 4 as I would have loved to have seen a bit more in regards to the main characters during that time.

Overall an excellent, quick read.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
The author did a wonderful job with this story with only @9,000 words. The characters came alive, the chemistry was there and storyline was believable and different! Add in a HEA and what's not to like? Thank you Shira Anthony for doing this story for us for the LIAW event. I highly recommend it to my friends.
Lonestar Mama
Apr 27, 2015 Lonestar Mama rated it really liked it
I never know how to rate these stories! But this was a cute one, so hey... why not give it 4 stars?
Sep 05, 2014 Melanie~~ rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story about being re-introduced, growing close (thought we only get a peek at this), then (view spoiler).

Wouldn't mind seeing more about them either between the beginning and the end of this story or after the end.

Edited for autotypos (TM Apple)
I liked this story. It was cute and enjoyable. I have always been fascinated with the sci-fi make-up done for films, so having characters on both sides of it was just amazing. I would have loved to see more of these two, and I can't wait to read more of Shira's work.
Aug 05, 2012 Plainbrownwrapper rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
This is a very sweet story. I'm docking it down from 4 stars only because the story is too short to allow for much character or plot development. IMHO the basic setup and the scenes that could be included in the space allowed were very nice.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by:Nancy
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review at: Hearts On Fire Reviews
Aug 08, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-romance
A short story about Ted, a special effects makeup artist, and Lenny, an actor.

Great short story, flowed smoothly and left me really wanting more.
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
3.5 - Sweet story. Thank you Shira Anthony, for donating your story, time and talent.
  • A Competitive Edge
  • Just Be
  • Goodbye Phillip
  • Dirty Play
  • Screwing the System - online short
  • Half-Baked Promises (Castor Springs, #1)
  • In Dreams
  • Telling Jase
Shira Anthony is a complete sucker for a happily-ever-after, and rarely reads or writes a story without one. Never a fan of instalove, Shira likes to write stories about real men with real issues making real relationships work.

In her last incarnation, Shira was a professional opera singer, performing roles in such operas as “Tosca,” “Pagliacci,” and “La Traviata,” among others. Her Blue Notes Ser
More about Shira Anthony...

Love is Always Write (1 - 10 of 147 books)
  • Into Deep Waters
  • Magick's Cucumber
  • For Those Who Wait
  • Disciplinary Action
  • Soulmates
  • With This Ring
  • Predators
  • Roses in the Devil's Garden (Fallen Rose, #1)
  • Time Enough