Start by marking “Man-to-Man Coverage” as Want to Read:
Man-to-Man Coverage

Read Book

Man-to-Man Coverage (Man-to-Man Coverage #1)

Dear Author,
These boys are two of America's most popular NFL heart throbs. They've been eyeing each other for months now. The sexual tension between them is so intense, they're shocked their teammates haven't noticed yet especially with their unconscious desire to touch as much as possible. They can't help but undress one another with their eyes but whenever they get into
Published July 11th 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Man-to-Man Coverage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man-to-Man Coverage

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Very nice Nico! I'm proud of you girl! This was a cute short about two football players falling for each other. Did it follow the prompt? Not exactly, but that didn't bother me at all. I enjoyed it for what it was, which was a nice, hot, sweet story. I thought the author did a great job developing the characters and setting the stage for their relationship. A wonderful freebie.
Ann
Aug 12, 2013 Ann rated it it was amazing
Being that the NFL insists on confusing me with the preseason schedule and not having MNF on Monday night when there should be football for cripes sake, I can be thankful that Nico Jaye and Man to Man Coverage exists.

This was such a great short story and ticked all my sports story boxes. I love the rivals/opposites to friends to lovers story and this one had it all and did it well. Both MC's were likable and very different but totally complimentary to one another. The pacing was really well don
Justin
Aug 15, 2013 Justin rated it it was amazing
"gay-for-you; first time; athlete; bromance; football; sports; opposites attract; enemies-to-lovers; frottage" yes, all of that and more packed into 36 pages of M2M romantic goodness.

I loved the progression from enemies to friends, then lovers. Score, Nico Jaye!!

Highly recommended FREE short story.
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Dec 06, 2013 Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie-m-m
Nico you are a rockstar! Loved it!
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
The start was slow for me. Something about Brads "voice" or maybe the style just keeps me from connecting with the story.

I hate brads annoying female girlfriend. I don't see what the point of having her here is at all.

I'm at 60% and there is no connection or tensions between the guys. They are just friends and there's no heat or passion between them.

The time line is also a little jumpy and has random little memories/flashbacks.

At 80% after Things finally end with the annoying pointless girlf
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I actually liked this one. It didn't exactly follow along with the prompt I requested but considering this is the author's first attempt at a story, it came out good.

It was entertaining and I liked the connection between Brad and Cam and I liked that they weren't obnoxious. I was hoping for more sexual tension between them but I did like the build up of their friendship. A bit too much telling instead of showing but there were a few moments that were so cute I couldn't help but smile.

Overall, a
Jewel
I really enjoyed this enemies to lovers story. Two quarterbacks on rival teams become friends and then lovers. Well done :)
Lane Brewster
Apr 22, 2014 Lane Brewster rated it it was amazing
Best story ever! If I ever wanted to read a story bout football players falling for one another, this would be it. And I'd have to say, that was one of my secret pleasures. Just regular guys, doing regular things like everyday people, meeting each other in the same field of work and just falling for each other. From rivals, to a bromance, to even more is the best way to go. I'd suggest this to a bunch more of my friends if more of them were on this website. It was the best I've read so far. Even ...more
Shelby
Ok so really this is a very sweet bromance between two quarterbacks in the NFL. But it doesn't have a lot of angst or dramatics to give it a ton of depth. I'm curious about the next book in the series because this is really just a beginning for these two and all the difficult stuff is still ahead of them.

This would have been a 4 star read for me as it was very sweet, but it loses half a star leaving it at 3.5 stars as it hit one of my personal pet peeves. Most people who know me know I'm a die h
Lori
Sep 11, 2013 Lori rated it it was amazing
Shelves: um-authored
These books were perfect shorts for an Autumn evening. I loved the characters of Cam & Brad. I loved that they started as rivals, but as they got to know each other the romance blossomed between them. I love it when a romance starts as friendship, it gives something extra to the relationship in my opinion.

As well as writing two fabulous main characters and a great supporting cast, I loved the detail Nico Jaye writes into her stories with regards to the American football game. I know nothing
Pete W
Jul 15, 2012 Pete W rated it liked it
This is a nice story but I have to agree that it's not quite what the prompt asked for. Instead of the story about two gay men trying to hide their attractions for each other, it is about GFY story.

The tension was not from the narrator (I guess it was implied). But the story end just when the relationship began to bloom.

I would be interested to read how will Brad and Cam manage to keep their relationship while being on different teams and live in different states.
Nico Jaye
Sep 10, 2012 Nico Jaye marked it as wrote-it-o__o-gasp  ·  (Review from the author)
The sequel is now available as a free download here on GR.

Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point

Download the PDF, MOBI, and/or EPUB version HERE.

Enjoy!
MLE
Jan 03, 2013 MLE rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
A cute, sweet short story. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that Brad and Cam take the time to get to know, and like each other BEFORE all the one true love talk.
Major English (Laura)
I seriously do not know how this story does not have a higher rating. This is seriously one of my favorite stories in the m/m genre (or any other genre for that matter.) it is just so darn good! AND FREE! Hello!

The whole man-to-man series is phenomenal and these stories are an incredible tale of love and friendship and physical and emotional connections! I sure hope there is going to be more in this man-to-man series. I would seriously LOVE to read more about Brad and Cam.

This is basically wh
Jo
Oct 07, 2015 Jo rated it really liked it
I am not really a sports fan but I love books about men in sports.

I don't know, whatever.

So right there I wanted to read 'cause two quarterbacks, and then the only thing I love as much as friends to lovers is the enemies to lovers plot and Nico Jaye managed to sell both.

Whoo Loved it. You get to experience Brad and Cam's relationship change from rivals to good friends and then when things get interesting you buy it because you are already invested in their relationship. Then

description

I was like Wait W
Bettye Kanady
Dec 03, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it it was ok
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
For a first time story? This one was A-ok! It had a buildup of imagined tension, that turned into a friendship that went even farther. The couple in the story were rival football players, and that was something that was kind of funny to see. I was half expecting someone to be outed, but that never happened. I would say that it's a story of boy has no clue of fan boy's existence, then meets fan boy and makes a complete ass of himself. Said ass decides to be an ass more often but then shows that ...more
Laudie
Jan 08, 2016 Laudie rated it it was ok
I don't think that really respects what the book was supposed to be about. No girlie bits yet we have the annoying, prone to pout gf, they were supposed to be banter and sexual tension but really there was none. I don't know where that bits about the kids come from. There was just a lot of pages wasted on nothing related to the two guys.... I didn't like it. The synopsis is better than the story itself and I don't think the author did a good job respecting it.
Curtis
Aug 05, 2016 Curtis rated it really liked it
Recommended to Curtis by: Lisa
Two college football rivals become professional football rivals and the intensity of that rival seems only to increase right along with the level of play. But what if there's something underneath the tension that means something more?

I thoroughly enjoyed this. The dynamic between Brad and Cam is wonderful and the transitions in their relationship are portrayed masterfully. I'm left looking to pick up more by Nico Jaye in the future and immerse myself in the worlds she creates.
Audrey
Sep 09, 2012 Audrey marked it as wrote-it-as-nico-jaye-o__o-gasp
Shelves: man-love
The follow up to this story is now available for download here: Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point.
melek
Every one thinks they enemys rivals even these guys think so . Both play football and have eyes fr each other they see each-other in an different light, There will be struggles especially when u are in the media eyes will these guys get through it.
A
Jul 18, 2012 A rated it it was amazing
This is the author's first attempt at writing? It was fantastic. The characters were clever and had great chemistry. It had everything I like in my short stories! I'll definitely follow Nico Jaye's writing!
Julia
Aug 25, 2012 Julia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, sports, favorites, liaw
I've read this one a couple times now and I'm sure I'll read it again in a few months just because it leaves me with a goofy grin. The MCs are fantastic, sweet, and realistic. Banter is great, and this has one of my most favorite first time scenes, very hot and very sweet. Great read.
Jane (PS)
Oct 26, 2013 Jane (PS) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jane (PS) by: Justin2
Shelves: mm
Oh yes - this story is great for a short GFY hit. I love good sports stories, especially with some initial friction/rivalry. I'm certain I'll read this again, and I'm definitely looking forward to more in this series :)
David
Nov 10, 2013 David rated it it was amazing
WOW !!!!! That was amazing. Imagine what could happen if more people would just talk to each other instead of just "reading about it"
Lexi Ander
Jul 19, 2012 Lexi Ander rated it really liked it
Loved the sport side to this. There was the right mix of growth leading up to the relationship of me. These are two characters that I would love to read more about.
Liz (Bugetta)
This hit all my favorite tropes - rivals to friends to lovers/gay for you/sports. Loved it and I'm so glad there are more stories with these guys because I wanted more!
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Aug 09, 2014 Jo * Smut-Dickted * rated it really liked it
Liked both characters - they really made this one come alive. The enemies to lovers story really "touchdown'ed" with me. Loved the sports talk and the lack of uber angst here.
Victoria
Apr 18, 2015 Victoria rated it it was amazing
4.5 - Loved it!!! Thank you Nico Jaye, for donating your story, time and talent.
Teresa
Cute and sweet but incomplete. This is really only a beginning.
Camille
Aug 12, 2012 Camille rated it really liked it
I liked. Plus great pic.
Goodreads Feedback: "download ebook" button has disappeared? 3 73 Jul 17, 2012 08:36AM
  • A Competitive Edge
  • Lead Us Not
  • Dirty Play
  • Delicious Sinn
  • Whistle Blowing
Nico Jaye is a fan of all things HEA and has dragged her romance collection along for her moves from San Francisco to Los Angeles to Chicago to New York and back. She thinks reading is awesome and loves that she can hang out night after night with crinoline-wearing debutantes, brawny firemen in suspenders, and werewolf shifters with Scottish brogues. An overall feline enthusiast, Nico secretly (or ...more
More about Nico Jaye...

Man-to-Man Coverage (3 books)
  • Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point
  • A Man-to-Man Christmas

“ ......like it or not, there’ll be some bad apples out there, and sometimes you might find yourself mixed up with one of them. That’s not your fault.” 9 likes