Man-to-Man Coverage
read book

Man-to-Man Coverage (Love is Always Write)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  250 ratings  ·  42 reviews
This story was written as a part of the M/M Romance Group's 'Love is Always Write' event. The story is available as a free download on this book page. There is also a sequel now available here.

These boys are two of America's most popular NFL heart throbs. They've been eyeing each other for months now. The sexual tension between them is so intense, they're shocked their tea...more
Published 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Very nice Nico! I'm proud of you girl! This was a cute short about two football players falling for each other. Did it follow the prompt? Not exactly, but that didn't bother me at all. I enjoyed it for what it was, which was a nice, hot, sweet story. I thought the author did a great job developing the characters and setting the stage for their relationship. A wonderful freebie.
Ann
Being that the NFL insists on confusing me with the preseason schedule and not having MNF on Monday night when there should be football for cripes sake, I can be thankful that Nico Jaye and Man to Man Coverage exists.

This was such a great short story and ticked all my sports story boxes. I love the rivals/opposites to friends to lovers story and this one had it all and did it well. Both MC's were likable and very different but totally complimentary to one another. The pacing was really well don...more
Mishyjo
Nov 07, 2013 Mishyjo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
This was a great short story. The characters were well developed and the progress of their rivalry to friendship to lovers flowed well and didn't seem forced or overplayed. I am looking forward to reading the sequel to see how the new romance romance progresses.
Justin2
"gay-for-you; first time; athlete; bromance; football; sports; opposites attract; enemies-to-lovers; frottage" yes, all of that and more packed into 36 pages of M2M romantic goodness.

I loved the progression from enemies to friends, then lovers. Score, Nico Jaye!!

Highly recommended FREE short story.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I actually liked this one. It didn't exactly follow along with the prompt I requested but considering this is the author's first attempt at a story, it came out good.

It was entertaining and I liked the connection between Brad and Cam and I liked that they weren't obnoxious. I was hoping for more sexual tension between them but I did like the build up of their friendship. A bit too much telling instead of showing but there were a few moments that were so cute I couldn't help but smile.

Overall, a...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
The start was slow for me. Something about Brads "voice" or maybe the style just keeps me from connecting with the story.

I hate brads annoying female girlfriend. I don't see what the point of having her here is at all.

I'm at 60% and there is no connection or tensions between the guys. They are just friends and there's no heat or passion between them.

The time line is also a little jumpy and has random little memories/flashbacks.

At 80% after Things finally end with the annoying pointless girlf...more
Lori
These books were perfect shorts for an Autumn evening. I loved the characters of Cam & Brad. I loved that they started as rivals, but as they got to know each other the romance blossomed between them. I love it when a romance starts as friendship, it gives something extra to the relationship in my opinion.

As well as writing two fabulous main characters and a great supporting cast, I loved the detail Nico Jaye writes into her stories with regards to the American football game. I know nothing...more
Pete W
This is a nice story but I have to agree that it's not quite what the prompt asked for. Instead of the story about two gay men trying to hide their attractions for each other, it is about GFY story.

The tension was not from the narrator (I guess it was implied). But the story end just when the relationship began to bloom.

I would be interested to read how will Brad and Cam manage to keep their relationship while being on different teams and live in different states.
Nico Jaye
Sep 10, 2012 Nico Jaye marked it as wrote-it-o__o-gasp  ·  (Review from the author)
The sequel is now available as a free download here on GR.

Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point

Download the PDF, MOBI, and/or EPUB version HERE.

Enjoy!
MLE
Jan 03, 2013 MLE rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: mm
A cute, sweet short story. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that Brad and Cam take the time to get to know, and like each other BEFORE all the one true love talk.
Major English (Laura)
I seriously do not know how this story does not have a higher rating. This is seriously one of my favorite stories in the m/m genre (or any other genre for that matter.) it is just so darn good! AND FREE! Hello!

The whole man-to-man series is phenomenal and these stories are an incredible tale of love and friendship and physical and emotional connections! I sure hope there is going to be more in this man-to-man series. I would seriously LOVE to read more about Brad and Cam.

This is basically wh...more
Jo
I am not really a sports fan but I love books about men in sports.

I don't know, whatever.

So right there I wanted to read 'cause two quarterbacks, and then the only thing I love as much as friends to lovers is the enemies to lovers plot and Nico Jaye managed to sell both.

Whoo Loved it. You get to experience Brad and Cam's relationship change from rivals to good friends and then when things get interesting you buy it because you are already invested in their relationship. Then

description

I was like Wait Wh...more
Bettye Kanady
Dec 03, 2012 Bettye Kanady rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommended to Bettye by: Love is Always Write List
For a first time story? This one was A-ok! It had a buildup of imagined tension, that turned into a friendship that went even farther. The couple in the story were rival football players, and that was something that was kind of funny to see. I was half expecting someone to be outed, but that never happened. I would say that it's a story of boy has no clue of fan boy's existence, then meets fan boy and makes a complete ass of himself. Said ass decides to be an ass more often but then shows that h...more
Julia
I've read this one a couple times now and I'm sure I'll read it again in a few months just because it leaves me with a goofy grin. The MCs are fantastic, sweet, and realistic. Banter is great, and this has one of my most favorite first time scenes, very hot and very sweet. Great read.
Jane (PS)
Oct 26, 2013 Jane (PS) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jane (PS) by: Justin2
Shelves: mm
Oh yes - this story is great for a short GFY hit. I love good sports stories, especially with some initial friction/rivalry. I'm certain I'll read this again, and I'm definitely looking forward to more in this series :)
Audrey
Sep 09, 2012 Audrey marked it as wrote-it-as-nico-jaye-o__o-gasp
Shelves: man-love
The follow up to this story is now available for download here: Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point.
A
This is the author's first attempt at writing? It was fantastic. The characters were clever and had great chemistry. It had everything I like in my short stories! I'll definitely follow Nico Jaye's writing!
Lexi Ander
Loved the sport side to this. There was the right mix of growth leading up to the relationship of me. These are two characters that I would love to read more about.
David
WOW !!!!! That was amazing. Imagine what could happen if more people would just talk to each other instead of just "reading about it"
Victoria
4.5 - Loved it!!! Thank you Nico Jaye, for donating your story, time and talent.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
Nov 10, 2013 Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ by: Justin2
It's my understanding that this was Ms. Jaye's first effort. By & large I like GFY stories but I also happen to like angst. I like the struggle, making it through the tough times & coming out the other side of the adversity stronger than you started. Hopefully.

Unfortunately, there's no angst here. In fact, it's pretty fluffy, like a chick flick. It's certainly feel good but I found it a little dry & struggled to fathom how something that would ordinarily be a seminal moment, a crossr...more
Borderstar
This is a sweet little romance between two star quarterbacks from rival teams. They start off as adversaries, but through a chance event one evening, they become close friends and then their friendship leads to something more.

I don't usually read short stories as I prefer more depth of characters and the story, but this was relatively well done for only around 40 pages. When the guys got together it was a bit rushed from one minute friends to the next lovers, without much warning or building ten...more
Meep
Its cute enough but I never fully connected. Think Jaye's writing improved as this years 'BTW I love you..' is far smoother written.

It showed promise at first, though the footie talk means nothing to me. The tension between them felt sudden and I didn't really feel it, then there's the damp-sponge of a girlfriend and her scandal that never had impact, media that can be brushed off and sudden gayness.

Not enough tension and no spark of attraction its all too easy.

Could have been better developed b...more
Jamie
Entertaining and a good story for the prompt. It didn't seem particularly realistic, perhaps partially because the prompt uses two such famous sports figures. It also didn't seem likely that a "bromance" such as this would be so simple to undertake, the only time the paparazzi were around were when Katya was with Brad? I don't think so. Fun enough freebie to read, and I appreciated the author's effort once I suspended disbelief.
Gloria (censored by Goodreads)
Two stars because I literally can't remember many details from this book, and it's only been a couple weeks. That's not a sign of memorability (which is important to me). Something about football player and bonding over being Big Brothers or something, idk. I guess if you like football players who seem to be decent human beings this might be the book for you.
Deanna
The story went off track from the prompt but was a satisfying tale. The two guys were good and dedicated to being the best QBs they could be. It was a sweet story. I would love to be able to visit with them again. It would be nice to see how they handled the world of pro=football with its PR demands and homophobia. I hope Nico Jaye gives us more of them.
Margo (DamesUnrestrained.blogspot.com)
It's a cute enough short story about two football players from rival teams who realize they are into each other. They go from zero to rubbing one out very quickly, and then, like many orgasms, end just as quickly. It's a free story and is probably worth your time to read. It can be downloaded from Goodreads directly.
Goodreads Feedback: "download ebook" button has disappeared? 3 69 Jul 17, 2012 08:36AM
  • A Competitive Edge
  • This Little Piggy Went to Jersey
  • Take a Breath (Love is Always Write)
  • Shadow Dance
  • Exception
  • Falling Faces
  • Kiss and Makeup (Love is Always Write)
  • Fire on the Mountain (Love is Always Write)
  • Tumbleweed (Love is Always Write)
  • In Over His Head
  • Telling Jase (Love is Always Write)
  • Heartstrings
  • Show Me Yours
  • Whistle Blowing
  • West, Haven (Love is Always Write)
  • Sin
  • A Hard Dazed Knight (Love is Always Write)
  • A Magnetic Couple Dilemma
Nico Jaye is a fan of all things HEA and has dragged her romance collection along for her moves from San Francisco to Los Angeles to Chicago to New York and back. She thinks reading is awesome and loves that she can hang out night after night with crinoline-wearing debutantes, brawny firemen in suspenders, and werewolf shifters with Scottish brogues. Nico secretly (or not so secretly?) adores Hell...more
More about Nico Jaye...
BTW I Love You Man-to-Man Coverage: The Extra Point A Man-to-Man Christmas Different Strokes Sex and Candy

“ ......like it or not, there’ll be some bad apples out there, and sometimes you might find yourself mixed up with one of them. That’s not your fault.” 6 likes