Start by marking “Ms America and the Villainy in Vegas (Beauty Queen Mysteries, No. 2)” as Want to Read:
Ms America and the Villainy in Vegas (Beauty Queen Mysteries, No. 2)

Ms America and the Villainy in Vegas (Beauty Queen Mysteries #2)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  114 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
(Series #2) When Happy Pennington pulls bridesmaid duty for pageant-wear purveyor Sally Anne Gibbons, the last thing she expects to find at the altar is a corpse. But at these over-the-top nuptials that’s what she gets: a dead best man and a groom who just might be the killer.

Sometimes it seems everybody in Sin City has a secret, from the cocktail waitress trying to land a
ebook
Published May 1st 2012 by Bramerton Press

To ask other readers questions about Ms America and the Villainy in Vegas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ms America and the Villainy in Vegas

Kara
Apr 08, 2014 Kara rated it liked it
Another quick read. The characters are fun and the mystery is well paced with some fun twists, though the ending on this one felt a little too tidy to me. Enjoyed the first in this series as well. Good for when you're in the mood for a quick, not too serious whodunit.
Anne
Sep 05, 2014 Anne rated it liked it
So, I started reading this and wondered why I was bothering. Too much fashion and "I'm a beauty queen" for my taste. But the more I read, the more I warmed to the characters. This was a fun read.
Lauren
Jan 27, 2014 Lauren rated it liked it
3.5 the characters are entertaining for the most part. but it gets old with the a beauty queen does this... a beauty queen does that.
Susan
Apr 10, 2014 Susan rated it liked it
Reading this was a great way to end each day.
Kathryn
Sep 29, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, kindle
Given my negative interest in beauty pageants, I am amazed by how much I'm enjoying this series. But the protagonist, Happy Pennington, is so appealing and real, and the plots are so twisty and compelling--even more so in this second book than in the first one--that I find it hard to put these mysteries down. And, in fact, the look into pageant world is fascinating in its own right--and this is certainly a great milieu for crime, intrigue, and the investigation thereof. Looking forward to book 3 ...more
Sarahanne
Jan 18, 2014 Sarahanne rated it really liked it
I really enjoy the premise and the characters. Even the parts that I saw coming were tub to watch unfold.
Sarah Wright
Jul 02, 2012 Sarah Wright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the author's style of writing and that Happy is always interested in trying to solve the crime(s) that just so happen to happen when she's around...even if everybody tells her not to!

I can't wait to read the author's next book about Happy Pennington and her friends!
Michele
May 01, 2013 Michele rated it it was amazing

LOVE this series! Always fun, always clever.
The plots are a great mix of reality and cozy luck.
The characters are developing and introductions of new cast is not disappointing or disruptive.
I recommend these books to everyone who enjoys a fun, clever cozy!
Allison
Sep 23, 2013 Allison rated it it was amazing
Loved this 2nd book in the series. Enjoyed the descriptions of the clothes, especially the outfits worn for the wedding (at the beginning of the book)...too funny but truly atypical Vegas wedding.
Kristine
Nov 01, 2012 Kristine rated it really liked it
I think I may have liked the first book better, can't really say why, but I did enjoy this one. Fun series with a likeable cast of characters and light mystery.
Heather
May 30, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, mystery
Great second outing for the series. I love the characters...except Happy's mom. She's just annoying and not in a cute or funny way. Looking forward to more!
Mike Reiser
May 29, 2013 Mike Reiser rated it did not like it
I wanted a fast who done it.
Pauline
Pauline rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Bethany Williams
Bethany Williams rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jun 04, 2016
Susan Mitchell
Susan Mitchell rated it liked it
May 17, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Melodie Nathan
Melodie Nathan rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Cali Crick
Cali Crick rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2016
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2016
Lynn
Lynn marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Debbie
Debbie is currently reading it
Apr 07, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Donna
Donna rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2016
Sheryl Fain
Sheryl Fain marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
becky osburn
becky osburn rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 14, 2016
Parker Mannion
Parker Mannion marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Author of the Beauty Queen Mysteries, Diana Dempsey never competed in beauty pageants herself but she did the next best thing: she worked in TV news. After a dozen years of war zones and 3 a.m. wake-up calls, she packed up her mic and her Emmy and morphed into a writer of fast and fun romantic fiction.

Diana’s novels have been called “almost impossible to put down” (Romance Reviews Today), “skillfu
More about Diana Dempsey...

Beauty Queen Mysteries (5 books)
  • Ms America and the Offing on Oahu (Beauty Queen Mystery, #1)
  • Ms America and the Mayhem in Miami (Beauty Queen Mysteries, No. 3)
  • Ms America and the Whoopsie in Winona (Beauty Queen Mysteries, No. 4)
  • Ms America and the Brouhaha on Broadway (Beauty Queen Mysteries Book 5)