Start by marking “Leashed (The Ke'lan, #1)” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Leashed (The Ke'lan #1)

3.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  249 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Dear Author,
I envision a sorta futuristic barbaric society. I love a dark angsty story and am completely ok with dubcon or nocon in the right circumstances. I love me some alpha males and can see Damien having a very possessive nature. Some bdsm would be delightful. I don't expect everything to go smoothly but definitely don't like cheating or ménage. An HEA is a must thou
Published May 21st 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ Goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Leashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leashed

Nancy
I enjoyed the gritty, post-apocalyptic setting and the sexual tension between the prisoner who stays strong despite beatings, torture, and an uncertain future, and the soldier assigned to extract information from him.

What I didn't enjoy so much was how this devolved into a too-sweet romance between two men who acted like boys.

“Shh,” he soothed. “It’s okay, sweet one. You’re safe.”

Do grown men really talk that way to each other?

*Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group's Love is Always Writ
Joann
Nov 30, 2015 Joann rated it it was ok
After reading the prompt and seeing the fabulous picture going with it, I was really looking forward to a dark futuristic setting with strong and powerful alpha soldiers and a lot of sexual tension between the soldier and his prisoner.

True - the story did contain all of these elements, but somehow I wasn't able to really get into it. Considering the length - or should I say the shortness of the story - it surely isn't easy to get a whole lot of world building done nicely, but I have to say that
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Five.

I liked this one a lot, it would have actually gotten a higher rating except I felt like there was a conversation that was missing. The guys both have strong feelings, and just showing that would be fine, but given some of the circumstances and things that are said (view spoiler) I felt like both I and the characters needed to
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Whoa.Right up my alley. I've enjoyed Skye Warren's other books (and now I need to be sure to go read more!). I liked this story - it was rough, gritty, and that makes it interesting to me. In addition Sebastian and Drake are engaging - that desperation born of desperate times makes the good parts all the more special.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I don't know why this is considered BDSM by some. There's abuse, yes, but it's not sexual and it's not consensual. It's abuse. The word "submission" is used twice and "dominate" once. These are used in the context of allowing himself to be loved, not controlled. The other guy uses dominate as a contrast to the latter, that the other man is willing to submit to his love. The sex is equal. The romance itself is sweet.

I liked that this is in a series, although I read them out of order quite a while
Heidi Belleau
The post-apocalyptic setting and initial dub-con-y sexual tension were really promising, but it just couldn't deliver. The minute the characters decided they loved each other, all that gritty harshness the story promised vanished to schmoopiness. I don't mind schmoopiness, but it doesn't fit in here with what the story (and image prompt) were supposed to be selling me. There's an abrupt shift between sexy gritty prisoner/captor and... somewhat generic lightly D/s (but not really) twu wub.

One or
Wendy Ann
May 28, 2012 Wendy Ann rated it really liked it
This one’s a little darker and more gritty, but well worth it! I would have loved even more background about the world depicted in this story as well as the characters. It was very gripping and I couldn’t help feeling some anxiety as Drake made a decision that could have drastically altered his future. Very, very good all around and it’s free!!
Christine
Dec 18, 2014 Christine rated it it was ok
I'm a Skye Warren fan, and thought I'd give this little story a quick read.

So far Sebastian has been able to resist the torturer's demands that he reveal what he knows about the rebels. Suddenly Drake arrives, and in an instant both he and Sebastian are dazzled by their response to each other. Drake realizes that Sebastian must be released -- he knows nothing -- and decides to rescue his missing father. Sebastian's glad that his father's now safe, but decides to run...he'll only bring more troub
Bookbee
For someone like me, who loves the words on the page as much as the characters and the plot of a book, this short story was a treat. Ms. Warren has the ability to turn a phrase that is a pleasure to read!

And the characters and story-line were extremely interesting also!
Julia
Aug 06, 2012 Julia rated it really liked it
I thought this was pretty great. I wish there had been more tension and more along the lines of Master/slave, but I still enjoyed it and will check out some other work by this author.
GlamLawyer
Oct 04, 2014 GlamLawyer rated it really liked it
In a dark world two lost men find something good and hopeful. It was not quite a 4 stars read because I think the relationship was a bit too hurried. But I was very intrigued by the story and the background. Plus I think it would have been perfect if it was a novel. This and the fact that I really liked both MCs, justify 4 stars. There is Sebastian a prisoner with an unbroken will and fierciness even while being beaten and threatened. Drake is a man driven by revange, blind for anything else. Sa ...more
Virginia
Dark and edgier free short for LIAW event. I enjoyed it a lot.
kerryann williams
To short even for a short story.

It's written well and keeps your attention through out . And leaves you hoping for a second issue. Worth the money
Katy Beth Mckee
Not my usual genre but this is a haunting tale that draws the reader in.
Lila Hunter
3.5 out of 5

A nice apocalyptic short story.
Amy
Dec 02, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-them
3.5 stars.
Katy
Jan 23, 2013 Katy rated it it was ok
Didn't care much for this short. Maybe it's just that shorts don't get me involved enough - there isn't enough character development or something. I don't know - I just didn't feel too attached to any of the characters, the book moved so fast and wasn't too descriptive, and as far as erotica goes - it wasn't that erotic. The story was just short and simple - not many frills or perks to reading this one.
Audrey
May 21, 2012 Audrey rated it really liked it
Shelves: man-love
Great setting in a dark post-apocalyptic/dystopian universe with spicy sexytimes.

Note: This is a freebie short story from the Goodreads M/M Romance Group's event "Love is Always Write." The story can be found here on the group's discussion board: "Leashed" by Skye Warren.
Jeanne 'Divinae'
Aug 17, 2013 Jeanne 'Divinae' rated it liked it
Shelves: yaoi-m-m
Story about a prisoner and the man who was his interrogator. They both got more than they bargained for. I like watching how they came about to one another. Sebastian was wary, as he should have been. I liked how it ended. Wouldn't say no to seeing more of them.
Anastacio Moreno iii
Jul 21, 2013 Anastacio Moreno iii rated it really liked it
A very good read, draws you into the story with the characters.
Zane Kage
Aug 11, 2015 Zane Kage rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3-5
Victoria
Thank you Skye Warren, for donating your time and talent.
Nov 14, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
Meh. Kind of weird. It was written well though
Dan
Jun 14, 2012 Dan rated it really liked it
That was great Skye! Thanks for the free read.
Nic