Leashed
read book

Leashed (The Ke'lan #1)

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Dear Author,
I envision a sorta futuristic barbaric society. I love a dark angsty story and am completely ok with dubcon or nocon in the right circumstances. I love me some alpha males and can see Damien having a very possessive nature. Some bdsm would be delightful. I don't expect everything to go smoothly but definitely don't like cheating or ménage. An HEA is a must thou...more
60 pages
Published May 21st 2012 by M/M Romance Group @ goodreads

To ask other readers questions about Leashed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leashed

Nancy
I enjoyed the gritty, post-apocalyptic setting and the sexual tension between the prisoner who stays strong despite beatings, torture, and an uncertain future, and the soldier assigned to extract information from him.

What I didn't enjoy so much was how this devolved into a too-sweet romance between two men who acted like boys.

“Shh,” he soothed. “It’s okay, sweet one. You’re safe.”

Do grown men really talk that way to each other?
Sandra

Offered for FREE from the M/M Romance Group, Love Is Always Write: Volume Five.

I liked this one a lot, it would have actually gotten a higher rating except I felt like there was a conversation that was missing. The guys both have strong feelings, and just showing that would be fine, but given some of the circumstances and things that are said (view spoiler) I felt like both I and the characters needed to...more
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Whoa.Right up my alley. I've enjoyed Skye Warren's other books (and now I need to be sure to go read more!). I liked this story - it was rough, gritty, and that makes it interesting to me. In addition Sebastian and Drake are engaging - that desperation born of desperate times makes the good parts all the more special.
Kelly Maybedog
I don't know why this is considered BDSM by some. There's abuse, yes, but it's not sexual and it's not consensual. It's abuse. The word "submission" is used twice and "dominate" once. These are used in the context of allowing himself to be loved, not controlled. The other guy uses dominate as a contrast to the latter, that the other man is willing to submit to his love. The sex is equal. The romance itself is sweet.

I liked that this is in a series, although I read them out of order quite a while...more
Wendy (wluvsbooks)
This one’s a little darker and more gritty, but well worth it! I would have loved even more background about the world depicted in this story as well as the characters. It was very gripping and I couldn’t help feeling some anxiety as Drake made a decision that could have drastically altered his future. Very, very good all around and it’s free!!
Heidi Belleau
The post-apocalyptic setting and initial dub-con-y sexual tension were really promising, but it just couldn't deliver. The minute the characters decided they loved each other, all that gritty harshness the story promised vanished to schmoopiness. I don't mind schmoopiness, but it doesn't fit in here with what the story (and image prompt) were supposed to be selling me. There's an abrupt shift between sexy gritty prisoner/captor and... somewhat generic lightly D/s (but not really) twu wub.

One or...more
Bookbee
For someone like me, who loves the words on the page as much as the characters and the plot of a book, this short story was a treat. Ms. Warren has the ability to turn a phrase that is a pleasure to read!

And the characters and story-line were extremely interesting also!
Julia
I thought this was pretty great. I wish there had been more tension and more along the lines of Master/slave, but I still enjoyed it and will check out some other work by this author.
Lila Leigh Hunter
3.5 out of 5

A nice apocalyptic short story.
Katy
Didn't care much for this short. Maybe it's just that shorts don't get me involved enough - there isn't enough character development or something. I don't know - I just didn't feel too attached to any of the characters, the book moved so fast and wasn't too descriptive, and as far as erotica goes - it wasn't that erotic. The story was just short and simple - not many frills or perks to reading this one.
Audrey
Great setting in a dark post-apocalyptic/dystopian universe with spicy sexytimes.

Note: This is a freebie short story from the Goodreads M/M Romance Group's event "Love is Always Write." The story can be found here on the group's discussion board: "Leashed" by Skye Warren.
Jeanne
Story about a prisoner and the man who was his interrogator. They both got more than they bargained for. I like watching how they came about to one another. Sebastian was wary, as he should have been. I liked how it ended. Wouldn't say no to seeing more of them.
Anastacio Moreno iii
A very good read, draws you into the story with the characters.
Victoria
Thank you Skye Warren, for donating your time and talent.
Meh. Kind of weird. It was written well though
Dan
That was great Skye! Thanks for the free read.
Nic
A Good short story
Lexi Ander
3.5 stars.
George Braley
George Braley marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
  • In Dreams (Love is Always Write)
  • Call Me Burt (Love is Always Write)
  • Tumbleweed (Love is Always Write)
  • Predators (Love is Always Write)
  • A Competitive Edge
  • A Hard Dazed Knight (Love is Always Write)
  • Jacinto's Voyage
  • Of Honor and Love (Love is Always Write)
  • Hi, Honey (Love is Always Write)
  • Incongruent Angel (Love is Always Write)
  • The Portrait of his Sublimity
  • Jackman (Love is Always Write)
  • Laoch Rudadh (Red Warrior)
  • Sin
  • Heart of Slate (Love is Always Write)
  • West, Haven (Love is Always Write)
  • His True Nature (Love is Always Write)
  • Time Enough (Love is Always Write)
Wanderlust Beauty Touched the Beast (Beauty, #1) Keep Me Safe (Dark Erotica, #1) Trust in Me (Dark Erotica, #2) Hear Me (Dark Erotica #3)