Start by marking “Lunchtime” as Want to Read:

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  10 reviews
It's lunchtime for one little girl, but she's just not hungry. A visiting crocodile, bear and wolf, however, are starving. It's just as well that children taste revolting!
Published April 1st 2012 by MacMillan Children's Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lunchtime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunchtime

Darshana Khiani (Flowering Minds)
A perfect picture book – simple, imaginative, colorful, and relate-able by every young child who would rather be doing something else than eating.

The little girl is drawing and painting pictures of animals and does not want to pause for lunch. But she must and so she sits and sits at the dining table, until a colorful crocodile appears under the table asking for her untouched food. Soon a bear and a wolf appear. Not to worry these are friendly animals, after all she created them (hint, hint). Th
Stef Rozitis
At first I read this book and I thought "that was nice but so what?". I did really really like the colourful and whimsical drawings though, I was going to say they reminded me of the drawings in the paper dolls then I realized that would be because Cobb did in fact illustrate that book!

The book grew on me. In a sympathetic non-judgemental way it is telling children that skipping meals is not a great idea. It looks at power but with humour and gentleness. I think I will look at it again.
This book didn't appeal to me. It's all about a young girl who is too busy colouring to eat her food so instead she shares it with a wolf, a bear and a crocodile. They're hungry but don't eat 'girl'.
Sheryl Guise
We adore this book. What a find at the library. Miss very very close to 5 is perhaps a little older than the target audience. But she loves it, and Miss nearly 7 took her nose out of her 'chapter books' long enough to read it too. Both adore the illustrations - they are just so relatable to kids, the connections from page to page are very clear and so very cute.

The story is great for Miss nearly 5 who is in the running for the world's slowest eater. Next time we all get down from the table and
James Koppert
really simple and funny little story. we had to read it twice
Joe and I both really enjoyed this. I loved the illustrations, Joe loved the idea of the animals eating the little girl's lunch. He also liked the illustration of her doing paintings that looked a lot like the paintings he does.
Library Quine
The little girl in this book is too busy drawing and colouring to stop and eat. When she sits down at the table, the animal friends from her drawings come and devour her meal. However, at her next meal she is so hungry she eats everything while her friends look on.
I read this book to a group of 5yr olds yesterday and they voted this one the winner......are they right?
Delicious illustrations, very cute story.
cute, great visuals
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Lauren M
Lauren M marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2015
Diana marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015