Start by marking “Lunchtime” as Want to Read:
Lunchtime

Lunchtime

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
It's lunchtime for one little girl, but she's just not hungry. A visiting crocodile, bear and wolf, however, are starving. It's just as well that children taste revolting!
Published April 1st 2012 by MacMillan Children's Books (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Lunchtime, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunchtime

Darshana Khiani (Flowering Minds)
A perfect picture book – simple, imaginative, colorful, and relate-able by every young child who would rather be doing something else than eating.

The little girl is drawing and painting pictures of animals and does not want to pause for lunch. But she must and so she sits and sits at the dining table, until a colorful crocodile appears under the table asking for her untouched food. Soon a bear and a wolf appear. Not to worry these are friendly animals, after all she created them (hint, hint). Th
Stef Rozitis
Apr 23, 2015 Stef Rozitis rated it really liked it
At first I read this book and I thought "that was nice but so what?". I did really really like the colourful and whimsical drawings though, I was going to say they reminded me of the drawings in the paper dolls then I realized that would be because Cobb did in fact illustrate that book!

The book grew on me. In a sympathetic non-judgemental way it is telling children that skipping meals is not a great idea. It looks at power but with humour and gentleness. I think I will look at it again.
Cai
It is lunch time but someone doesn't want to eat. So her animal friends help her with her lunch.

This is a great story to help children who like to refuse their meals. The illustrations were very cute.

This book was read on Play School.

V @ 6 months old.
Den
Feb 09, 2015 Den rated it it was ok
Shelves: children, 2015
This book didn't appeal to me. It's all about a young girl who is too busy colouring to eat her food so instead she shares it with a wolf, a bear and a crocodile. They're hungry but don't eat 'girl'.
Sheryl Guise
Jun 10, 2013 Sheryl Guise rated it it was amazing
We adore this book. What a find at the library. Miss very very close to 5 is perhaps a little older than the target audience. But she loves it, and Miss nearly 7 took her nose out of her 'chapter books' long enough to read it too. Both adore the illustrations - they are just so relatable to kids, the connections from page to page are very clear and so very cute.

The story is great for Miss nearly 5 who is in the running for the world's slowest eater. Next time we all get down from the table and
Mari - loves to read
Read for inspiration for little miss I do not want to eat this or that ;)
James Koppert
Jul 26, 2015 James Koppert rated it really liked it
really simple and funny little story. we had to read it twice
Keris
Jan 04, 2014 Keris rated it really liked it
Joe and I both really enjoyed this. I loved the illustrations, Joe loved the idea of the animals eating the little girl's lunch. He also liked the illustration of her doing paintings that looked a lot like the paintings he does.
Library Quine
Feb 20, 2013 Library Quine rated it really liked it
The little girl in this book is too busy drawing and colouring to stop and eat. When she sits down at the table, the animal friends from her drawings come and devour her meal. However, at her next meal she is so hungry she eats everything while her friends look on.
Elizabeth
Apr 06, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: greenaway-awards
I read this book to a group of 5yr olds yesterday and they voted this one the winner......are they right?
Gervy
Jun 24, 2014 Gervy rated it really liked it
Delicious illustrations, very cute story.
Anakbabiilang
Aug 28, 2013 Anakbabiilang rated it liked it
Shelves: children
cute, great visuals
georgia
georgia rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Heidi Hamilton
Heidi Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2016
Kayleigh
Kayleigh rated it it was ok
Jul 08, 2016
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2016
Jacqueline Chong
Jacqueline Chong marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Rebeccadanielle
Rebeccadanielle rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Vivian Wu
Vivian Wu rated it really liked it
May 20, 2016
Aliva Sholihat
Aliva Sholihat marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Samantha L
Samantha L rated it really liked it
May 03, 2016
Juci
Juci rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2016
Iris Lising
Iris Lising rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Angeline
Angeline rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Harriet Thomas
Harriet Thomas rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Emily Deacon
Emily Deacon marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016