Saviours of Oestend (Oestend, #2)

Saviours of Oestend (Oestend #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  247 ratings  ·  53 reviews
Life on the prairie has never been easy, but now Oestend itself seems bent on destruction.

Banished from the BarChi by the man he loves, Dante Pane must find a way to rebuild his life and heal his broken heart. Unable to love women, afraid to love men, Dante wants only to find some peace.

But peace is hard to come by in Oestend. Dante’s new home reeks of death, he can’t keep...more
Published June 25th 2012 by Total E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Saviours of Oestend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Saviours of Oestend

The Tin Star by J.L. LangleyBareback by Chris OwenThe Broken H by J.L. LangleyNatural Disaster by Chris OwenTiming by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Cowboys
163rd out of 267 books — 427 voters
Change of Heart by Mary CalmesCut & Run by Abigail RouxWith Caution by J.L. LangleySticks & Stones by Abigail RouxForce of Law by Jez Morrow
Best Gay Alpha Males
338th out of 520 books — 626 voters

More lists with this book...

Ami
Veronica / Miss V
>>>>>>HUGE SPOILER ALERT <<<<<<<

Where in hell does it say in the blurb this story is about a transgender? or multiple sex partners having sex as part or a ritual??
And at the beginning of the story Cami is written as a woman???
Give it a warning next time pleaseeeee.

MORE SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!

THE ONLY thing I loved about this book is how the author write about Cami, and the relationship between her and Dante, beautiful done.

I loved book one, even when the aut...more
Lauraadriana
Here's the thing with me and this book. I did not FEEL it. I loved the first book in this series, it was incredibly sexy and I just loved the PNRish/Horror theme it had with the wraiths and all that. Really enjoeyed it.

However, I'm not sure what this book was. The love stories, both of them felt half baked for me. For one I didn't even know who the main coupl were until about a 40% of the book. Dante who I was totally HATING in the first book and knew nothing about was SUDDENDLY a great guy just...more
Leanne
I loved Song of Oestend. Absolutely loved it. And so it felt so good to be back in the land of the wraiths and that harsh prairie again.
This story is Dante’s and, to a lesser degree, it is Frances’ too. I loved Frances in the first book and so desperately wanted to follow his story. I had to dip back into Song of Oestend to refresh my memory on the characters, especially Dante, and then it all came back to me -how totally miserable and mean he was, filled with so much anger and hatred.
The sto...more
Natalie
Bree Cheese
Well, that was not what I was excepting, at all. I absolutely loved some parts of the this book, especially Dante and the surprise addition of Cami. There were perhaps a few too many romances going on at once for me, though. I think the first book was bit more focused, but that being said, this story has the same beautiful and desolate tone as the first book
Liade
4.5, definitely more than 4.

OK, it was clear soon that this story confounded expectations. Was I happy with this? Not sure. Could I cope with this, adjust my views as an m/m reader? Yes, YES. No, I don't need everything spelled out in readers' warnings, in fact I'm really grateful there weren't any. I simply love and admire how Marie Sexton regularly turns expectations/stereotypes on their heads and runs somewhere new while always creating totally credible characters. I will say that the main co...more
Td
4.5 Stars
Back in Oestend where unexplainable, weird things are happening around the majority of its residents. We get Dante's POV as he settles in his new ranch. I thought Dante and Cami's story was absolutely beautiful. I was also thrilled to get Simon's POV and his very believable confused dealings with Frances. Throw in more Deacon and Aren and I was one happy camper.
Jewel
This was Dante's and Cami's story. But also Simon and Francis.

In Song of Oestend, Dante wasn't very likable. He was bitter and vengeful. At the end of that story, we see why and he becomes a bit more human with that revelation. Still, I didn't really like him. So, starting this book, I was wondering if I would be able to like Dante enough to like the book. I shouldn't have worried; Marie Sexton knows how to tell a story and she certainly drew me in.

Reading some of the reviews, I rather expected...more
Lily
I have ambivalent feelings about this sequel. On the one hand, I do admire the intricate world building with its interesting combination of elements from different genres. Cami and Dante's story was engaging and their gradual romance beautifully conveys tenderness, caring and mutual acceptance. On the other hand, Frances and Simon's 'arrangement' and their later dubious relationship has left me incredibly sad and disappointed.

I understand relationships are usually complicated and one or both par...more
Mariana
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Mar 27, 2013 Barb ~rede-2-read~ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Gyn
Sequel to Song of Oestend, which I loved, I put off reading this because I was sure I couldn't get over my dislike of Dante, but I was swept away by this story. And my dislike of Dante? Gone! Marie Sexton continues her fantastic saga of wraiths and humans in the world of Oestend's ranches, and she continues to amaze me with her vivid imagination.

Like others, I'm not giving away the principal spoiler here but, suffice it to say, it's well worth the price of admission. Throughout the saga, the wr...more
D

This was well and truly one of the best books I've read (27) this year. I read well into the night wanting to find out what would happen to Oestend and the residents there. I fell head over heels in love with Cami and Dante. The drama of this story played out right before my eyes and I delighted in it. Was not disappointed at all. A wonderful closure for the people of Oestend, or is it?

This was a deep read that took me to some very personal places and hit a few nerve endings that I thought were...more
Chela
I love this book and I wanted more of it!

I love how Dante and Cami came together. Did I care that she dressed as a woman although she's biologically a man? No absolutely not.
Did I think that Dante was confused and used Cami and didn't want to admit his sexuality to others? No. It wasn't his secret to tell and he loved Cami all the more for it. I respect him for becoming a better man for Cami. And that's all that matters.

I also liked the reality of Frances and Simon's relationship. Yes in the b...more
Cris
Christy Duke
I was elated when I finished book one in the 'Oestend' series by Marie Sexton because I knew there was a book two and I could barely contain my excitement until I got to read it. I loved the first book so much and I realized it would be practically impossible for me not to enjoy this second book. Even though this story revolves around a character that I didn't care for so much in book one, I had a feeling that this time I would understand and care for Dante. I already adored Simon and Frances so...more
Marcy  (Just Call Me Shane)
Kaje Harper
This book expands on the paranormal world-building of the first book, including some scenes that are wonderfully eerie and atmospheric. It packs some surprises, and explains some character backstories in a satisfying way. For me, it's not as focused or as intense as the first book. That's probably in part because it follows two different main couples, which dilutes out both relationships a little.

There were things I really liked in here. Particularly that the couples and relationships didn't fi...more
LiveYourLife BuyTheBook
4 Stars

Dante Pane is not a nice man. He’s aware of that fact. It hasn’t helped his mood. Living on the ranch where his favorite brother died also hasn’t helped his mood. There is a part of Dante that wants to blame all his problems on Aren. It all went to shit once Aren showed up and stole Deacon, the love of Dante’s life. Unfortunately, Dante was a big part of everything going to shit given he broke into Aren’s house and destroyed his things. It’s easier to just hate Aren, but the guy tends to...more
LauraZu
I have to say this was the most unexpected book I've ever read. Nothing of what I thought was gonna happen, happened.
It was GREAT!
Loved it so much.
I won't give out names of anything that immediately would mess things up for many.
Just know that now, I love Dante deeply.
I never thought I would like the whole, folks tales, wraths, no-cellphone era kinda book. But this author is too great to not make any book completely amazing.

I'm happy all the books I've been reading lately have been great, m...more
Aurora
Saviours of Oestend is the follow up to Song of Oestend and I don't mind admitting I had a hard time with this book which is why I've waited so long to review it. My first reaction to this book was disappointment as I felt it did not live up to the previous book which I really enjoyed, however subsequent readings have changed my opinion somewhat, although it is never going to be one of my favourites.

I have a great deal of respect for what Marie Sexton was trying to do in this book but I really d...more
Dave1962uk
I struggled to get into this book and I was not sure if it was because of the writing or the fact that I have multiple fractures and can only sit in one specific position to read my kindle. Thankfully it was the latter and I can clearly state that Marie Sexton has written another wonderful novel. I wont put any spoilers in but urge yopu to read it.
Kinny
Jun 26, 2012 Kinny added it
Shelves: mm, not-buying-this
After reading all the reviews! I am glad I followed my instincts. Open relationships and multiple partners are a no-no for me.
a_fret_argent
I was debating whether I should even read this book after seeing some of the reviews, but I am so glad I did! You really need the second book to get the complete story arc. Yes, I know, Dante's an asshole- I had that reservation, too, but it isn't all from his perspective. Ms. Sexton gives us a lovely wallop of Francis and Simon, too, in addition to more Aren and Deacon. The characters all rest comfortably at different points on the sexuality spectrum, which makes things interesting.

If you like...more
Buda
There is just so much to love about this book. We get Dante's story, picking up a couple of months after he headed to the Austin ranch to make it his. Remember, his brother Brighton, his wife and two sons were all killed by wraiths here along with the wife's family. Dante is pissed when Simon arrives back at the ranch with a woman. Not just any woman, but one Aren sent his way. He's still resentful of Aren's place in Deacon's heart, but he's trying to move on, especially since the wraiths don't...more
Dumbledore11214
Adara
This one gets 4.5 stars, rounded down until I determine rereadability.

I hadn't read Song of Oestend in a while, and it probably would have helped me a bit to reread it first because I had forgotten some things that were only lightly touched on in this one as a reminder. It was good enough, though.

This book has three main storylines in it. One surrounds Dante Pane at his new ranch, where he is joined by a young woman named Cami, who has a mysterious past. One surrounds Simon and Frances, who left...more
Jaya
SlashReaders: Having, enjoyed the first book in this series I was quiet happy to find that Marie Sexton had written a sequel. All, in all this book was not a disappointment. It was different enough from the first book to keep me reading without feeling like I'd read it all before and yet still contain many of the same characters. Often times when I read a series there are a lot of parallels that can be somewhat annoying. However, with this book I did not have that so much.

First of all, I loved t...more
Karel
The problem with 266 pages is that it's really only enough for one couple. If all that had been for Dante and Cami, this may have turned out better. As it is, there's two romances in the oven, and both of them are half-baked.

Dante and Cami doesn't feel like a couple. Dante changes from his previous book/beginning of this book's personality way too fast to be believable. One second he's Anger Issues and I Hate Everybody and next thing you know he's sickeningly in love and all World Peace Man. The...more
  • Intercession
  • Twice-Caught (Tarin's World, #2)
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
  • Brothers of the Wild North Sea
  • Texas Twist (Texas Soul, #3)
  • Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • The Holy Road (Rifter #5)
  • Soft Focus
  • Burn (Elementally Evolved, #1)
  • Room at the Edge (Room at the Top, #2)
  • Marathon Cowboys
  • Origin of Darkness (Daeva, #2)
  • Quinn's Need (Whispering Pines Ranch, #2)
  • Something New Under the Sun (Falling Sky, #2)
  • According To Hoyle
  • Out of the Darkness (Dark Horse, #2)
  • Buried Bones (Bones #2)
Marie Sexton lives in Colorado. She’s a fan of just about anything that involves muscular young men piling on top of each other. In particular, she loves the Denver Broncos and enjoys going to the games with her husband. Her imaginary friends often tag along. Marie has one daughter, two cats, and one dog, all of whom seem bent on destroying what remains of her sanity. She loves them anyway.

Visit M...more
More about Marie Sexton...
Promises (Coda Books, #1) Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Books, #4; Strawberries for Dessert, #1) Between Sinners and Saints A to Z (Coda Books, #2) The Letter Z (Coda Books, #3)