Start by marking “The Wishing-Chair Again” as Want to Read:
The Wishing-Chair Again

The Wishing-Chair Again (Wishing Chair #2)

4.13  ·  Rating Details ·  2,972 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
Mollie and Peter have a wonderful Wishing-Chair which they keep in their playroom at the bottom of the garden. While they are at Boarding School their pixie friend Chinky looks after it for them; but in the holidays the Chair grows wings and takes them on trips to all sorts of odd places.
Published 1983 by Dean & Son (first published 1950)

Rasheed
Jun 21, 2010 Rasheed rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rasheed by: Shabeen
Shelves: fantasy, children
This was my first Enid Blyton book and the first long story I read, which made me start reading novels on my own.
Edel
Oct 11, 2011 Edel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a childhood favourite of mine.. Many a night I spent with a torch and this book when I should have been sleeping. The wishing chair takes out characters on adventures to different lands .. I love how simple this book is but incredibly magical.These are not books that would go out of style or date as any child who was read this book would love it even though it is many many years since it was first published. Enid Blyton wrote books that could set childrens imaginations on a whirlwin ...more
David Sarkies
Jul 09, 2015 David Sarkies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children & Parents
Recommended to David by: My Dad
Shelves: childrens
Molly & Peter return to Fairy Land
29 March 2012

This book follows on from the first Wishing Chair book and Blyton's storytelling ability has certainly begun to advance by this stage. However, I have also noticed that there is a gap of about 27 years between these two books. During this time she had written the three Faraway Tree books, so it is not surprising that as we read this story we discover references to the Faraway Tree and some of the magical lands therein. We also meet one of the G
Indah W
Nov 30, 2010 Indah W rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm still in love with this series!

On the previous series, each chapter usually is about one adventure whileas on this book, it might take couple of chapters for one stories.

And the most exciting adventure for me in this book is when they are flying on their wishing chair to Land of Goodies, oohh myy.. I sure will lovee being in that place where the trees grow chocolates, nyaamm nyaamm :q

I still have one more book to read, cause I bought the "3 in 1" edition :p

Can't wait to read what other adven
Mareena
Aug 16, 2014 Mareena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes fantasy
Recommended to Mareena by: A friend gave this book to me as a birthday present when I was about six years old
The children who possess the fabulously magical Wishing-Chair are back and are ready to have some more thrilling and fantastic adventures to far away lands. Mollie and her brother Peter come home from boarding school for the holidays and, after they hug their parents and see their rooms and toys again, they rush down to their playroom at the bottom of the garden. The children have a splendid secret that they've been keeping to themselves ever since their mother's birthday: they own the most terr ...more
Sally
Aw, c'mon, who didn't want a chair with wings on it?! Perfect to mix in with The Faraway Tree; I read (and had read to me) those five books countless times as a kid. Such a delight.
Suraj B
Nov 24, 2014 Suraj B rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aha, when my father introduced me to the Enid Blyton books, I was told that she was a children's book author. To all those Keralites, I hope you know the publication called 'Balarama'. Until then, children's magazine meant Balarama. But only after I finished reading the book, did I realize that children's magazine can be more than amazing. It was just magical. Enid has the power to attract the readers to her books. The wishing chair again made me wish I was in that chair at least for once. I sti ...more
Godzilla
Jul 01, 2009 Godzilla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, 2009
I remembered this from my childhood, more fondly than I currently found it. It seems very dated and slightly twee, but my kids loved it, and it was nice to pass the magic on.
Jamie
Feb 28, 2014 Jamie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[b] The Adventures Of The Wishing Chair / The Wishing Chair Again / More Wishing Chair Stories [/b] Enid Blyton

four stars

Mollie and Peter Find an old change in a strange little shop. The chair sprouts wings from time to time and take the children and their friend Chinky the Pixie on magical adventures.

I was a big fan of these stories as a child, it was fun for me to re-read them and although they are a bit dated, I'm pretty sure little kids still like pixies and stuff :)
Dane Cobain
Mollie, Peter and Chinky the pixie return in this, the second book in Enid Blyton's Wishing Chair series, in which the chair is stolen by a giant. The wings are cut off, and the children have to get it repaired before embarking on further adventures.

Somehow, it's not as gripping as the first Wishing Chair novel, but it's still a good bedtime read for young children - it certainly kept me entertained as a youngster. There are some new characters to meet too, from Twisty the giant to Winks, a naug
Siddhartha Mandal
May 09, 2015 Siddhartha Mandal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book a long time ago while at school. Enid Blyton is really a wizard. The concept of having a chair which will take you to wherever you want to go- From Toyland to The Land of I never... Each adventure was a fun filled experience and as a avid reader of Enid Blyton, I can say this is really one of her best works.
Alzahrani_hind
Jul 27, 2015 Alzahrani_hind rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
أول قصة أقرأها بتركيز ، لغتها سهله جدا و الأحداث سلسة و غير متوقعه ، من أفضل القصص الخيالية التي أعرفها ، الجانب السلبي فيها هو فهم المخلوقات الغريبة الموجودة بالقصة نظراً لأنه لا توجد ترجمه حرفية لأغلب أسماء الشخصيات فيه
astried
a childhood book re-read just because i'm home for the weekend. not a very successful one either, am really too old for it even w/ a big dollop of nostalgia. maybe i should read faraway tree instead.

two stars
Ramya
Feb 14, 2014 Ramya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, I do loved this book and series as a child! Wished for a magic carpet not a chair for myself to have adventures flying to new and exotic places not even realizing I was living an exotic childhood as a child!
Danielle
Jul 01, 2016 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this but really wondered, given the references to the Faraway Tree series, why didn't they ask the chair to take them to the Faraway Tree to meet Silky and Moon face?
Redfox5
Back in the day you would often find me curled up with an Enid Blyton book. I used to love reading about 'The Faraway Tree' over and over. I don't remember reading The Wishing Chair though. Maybe I would have enjoyed this more if I had read it when I was little becuase I wasn't trilled reading it as an adult. This is the not the pc version of the book, since the children take a trip to the The Land of Gollywogs. But I think the lands the children visted was a big part of why I didn't get into th ...more
Avrinder
Oct 06, 2014 Avrinder rated it it was amazing
The entire series was a childhood favourite ... just like a lot of other Enid Blyton books!
Dwayne Toney
Jan 28, 2013 Dwayne Toney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
This book holds very fond memories for me as it was one of the first books I ever read as a child. I came late to books but I remember being around 9 or 10 and getting this book for Christmas from my Grandma. I still remember reading the whole thing and being so proud that I had actually finished a whole book! The story of the two children and the wishing chair along with their friend the brownie is such a great little adventure and it helped to spark my imagination and love of books. Great read ...more
Laurian
Sep 22, 2014 Laurian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, children
Pretty racist and repetitive, but was captivating for Cam
Abubakar Faisal
Oct 08, 2014 Abubakar Faisal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my very first favorite books as child!
Lucy
Nov 02, 2014 Lucy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: can-not-read
exciting
Ava
Sep 05, 2014 Ava rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great
Skylar Burris
Nov 30, 2009 Skylar Burris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
The book doesn’t have much in the way of a developed plot; there are a series of random adventures during a school holiday break, rather abruptly ended, and they are somewhat repetitive (formulaic) adventures at that. My five-year-old daughter enjoyed the book well enough, although I did have to explain to her what a boarding school was and what servants were. There are elves, pixies, brownies, magic, a land of treats…what more can a child want?
Edward Davies
Jun 13, 2015 Edward Davies rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-reads
Again I loved this book as a kid and, along with the Folk Of The Farway Tree, was the only series I really read by Enid Blyton (not even Noddy or The Famous Five). The story is simple and ,even though much of the danger in the books is resolved far too quickly, little kids will love these just as much as I did.
Raden
Aug 29, 2013 Raden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great read :) Helps me to relax my mind after a tiring day at work. There's a child in every one of us. How true! Try reading a book that's specially written for children and see how it helps you to relax. Try it!
Tasneem
Jun 07, 2011 Tasneem rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've always loved Enid Blyton and as a child I read almost all of the books I could get my hands on. I'll never forget the sheer wonder of this book, the magic and the amazing things it allowed me to imagine.
Jess Dietcookie
Dec 09, 2013 Jess Dietcookie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing children's book still find it a great adventure story today as an adult. Worth reading I have read it quite a lot as I loved it as a young child. Inspired me to read many other books.
Tracie Rye
Apr 30, 2015 Tracie Rye rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Full of imagination.
  • More Milly Molly Mandy
  • The Complete Adventures of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Brer Rabbit Again
  • Blinky Bill
  • My Naughty Little Sister (Naughty Little Sister, #1)
  • The Gruffalo's Child
  • Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)
  • The Muddle-Headed Wombat
  • Welcome with Love
  • The Fox Cub Bold (Farthing Wood, #4)
  • Hairy Maclary's Caterwaul Caper
  • Storm Boy
  • Wombat Stew
  • Sticky Beak
  • The Wombles
  • People Might Hear You
  • Peek-a-Boo
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...

Wishing Chair (3 books)