Start by marking “Inside Mouse, Outside Mouse” as Want to Read:

might happen next
to the inside mouse
and the outsi
Published March 30th 2004 by Greenwillow Books

To ask other readers questions about Inside Mouse, Outside Mouse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inside Mouse, Outside Mouse

Sarah Adamson
This is an excellent book. I was a little concerned initially about the flow of the story being difficult as the left page is about the inside mouse and the right about the outside mouse. However what it really does is help the early reader. My four year old loved this book. I read it once and then she read it back to me. Having similar phrases on each page gave her the chance to recognize and remember words from one page to another.
Great story although yes it does ask for a sequel!! Lovely cle
Samantha Penrose
Aug 20, 2009 Samantha Penrose rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 3 and 4 year olds
Shelves: kids-books
The idea of this book is a neat one, but I found it to be a little scattered for my taste. On a two page spread, the left side says one line about the activities of the inside mouse and the right side says one thing about activities of the outside mouse. Inside vs. Outside.
The first time I read this I read it twice. Once reading only about inside mouse and once reading only about outside mouse. I now find that if I just add the First line of the story (Inside my house there is a mouse/Outside my
My eldest read this aloud to my youngest and they both claimed it was lame. I read it and found it adorable and useful in a classroom setting or even with your own kid (maybe younger?) except then I started looking at the pictures of the mice... they are so expertly portrayed... mice...
LaRaie Zimm
Gorgeous illustrations, with many intriguing and fascinating objects to pique the interest of younger readers. The older children will "get" the plot, but younger ones will be drawn in by the beautifully drawn images of everyday inside/outdoor objects. The story is that of two mice, one who lives inside and the other who lives outside. The story follows each mouse going about their daily lives until they meet one day at the window of a house--one on the outside, one on the inside. Cute, sweet, t ...more
This book is included on the Pennsylvania Public Library Cruise into Kindergarten book list.It helps promote math and science exploration.
Loved the illustrations. Simple text about the daily travels of two mice in two different environments.
Danelle Spicer
This picture book is about the lives of two very different mice, an inside mouse and an outside mouse.
Ileana Lindner
Author: Lindsay B. George
Book: Inside Mouse, Outside Mouse
Grade: 3rd and 4th grade

This science literature book is a great book to bring up the topic of habitats. It is a way for students to think about how similar animals have different types of habitats. Sometimes the difference of habitat is by choice and sometimes it is by force. However, what is important to focus on is the difference of the animals because of their habitats. This would also be a good book to talk about adaptation.
The detailed bold illustrations are really fantastic. This is a great example for how different animals live and what their environments are like. Great when introducing children to concepts of pets and domestication or possible urban vs rural environments. I love love love the illustrations. There's just so much detail richness. It's kinda mesmerizing and overwhelming.
With relatively simple text, this book illustrates the parallel adventures of two mice (one in the house and one outside) who end up peering at each other through a window. This really entertained my mouse-loving five year old and the illustrations are very well done.
The use of animals is fantastic to me everytime. It draws children in. This book presents adventure through the path of two mice. It gives opportunity to compare and contrast the inside events from the outside events. Dynamic illustrations.
After long journeys, an inside mouse and an outside mouse each arrive at opposite sides of a window and press their noses up against it to say "Hello!" Did they just meet today? Or do they visit every day?

Like Country Mouse and City Mouse
Genre: Picture book/fiction

Topic/Theme: Friendship, adventure, community, culture

Grade Level: K-3

Classroom Use: Read aloud, independent reading

Comments: Good when talking about differences
Mrs. Gabrielle Zastrow's
Even though some of us REALLY enjoyed this book, some didn't.

This book was about one mouse that lived inside and one that lived outside. This book compared the life and activities of the two mice.
Kiana Sims
THis is a great book to use for math with younger students. It focuses on positional words. Kids will enjoy this book because it rhymes and it allows you to get them involved in the reading.
Tale similar to city mouse/country mouse where one mouse lives inside and one lives outside. They arrive at the small window, meeting each other to say hello. Cute little tale.
Jan 10, 2009 Cheryl added it
Recommends it for: PreK-1
Very very simple text, contrasting the urban and rural lives of two mice. Best read close up to relish the beautiful, detailed illustrations.
Wonderful story contrasting outside and inside, and the two mice who finally meet at the window. Great for reading to pre-school children.
Christiana Tarpley
This is a great book for positional words, there is rhyming as well but the main purpose is positional words (math).
Boring and the kids hated it. "Let's give it back to the library tomorrow!" my 4 year old is hard to please lol.
Wonderful drawings with unusual patterns. Cute story, good vocabulary. Kidlet loves this one.
Inspired Kathy
Another read it again book. My daughter loved this one because the mice were so cute.
While the idea is cute, it could be better organized.
Diana Pettis
Awesome pictures. My son Xander really got into it.
Johnny asked for a re-read today.
Terri Christenson
Terri Christenson marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2015
Melakee marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Maggie's Ball That Pup! In the Garden: Who's Been Here? Around the Pond In the Snow: Who's Been Here?